Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/)
-   -   Anyone from Grosse Pointe/ Macomb county? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/anyone-from-grosse-pointe-macomb-county-206300.html)

jkmohican 12-19-2012 11:53 AM

Anyone from Grosse Pointe/ Macomb county?

Just want to ask and see if theres anyone around my area that actually jeeps. Everyone in this area just drive their jeeps likes its a normal car, no body is really into them i.e off road, mod, etc. Let me know!

miethead 12-19-2012 12:10 PM

I work in warren, but live in lapeer county. Don't go out as much as is like to hard to find someone to go with.

Gogolen 12-19-2012 12:16 PM

I live in St. Clair county, work in Wayne County, and am going to Drummond Island next weekend, then have 3 trips to West Branch planned in January and February.

stans1stjeep 12-19-2012 02:54 PM

I live in Rochester. Last summer, I went out 4 times with various local, sort of, clubs. Had a blast. The clubs are: What Lies Beyond, Thumb Jeeps and Off Road Jeeps. All post events and trail rides in the Michigan section of the forum. They also have websites you can go to directly. Most events are going to be 2 hours away, more or less, there is no place in the tri-county area to off road legally. Two off road parks in reasonable driving distance are The Mounds and Bundy Hill. The Mounds is north of Flint and Bundy Hill is west of MIS. Check out the website and the Michigan section for events.

phittie1100 12-20-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogolen (Post 3121987)
I live in St. Clair county, work in Wayne County, and am going to Drummond Island next weekend, then have 3 trips to West Branch planned in January and February.

Do you send your wife a post card every now and then so she can keep track of your travels? LoL

phittie1100 12-20-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stans1stjeep (Post 3122583)
I live in Rochester. Last summer, I went out 4 times with various local, sort of, clubs. Had a blast. The clubs are: What Lies Beyond, Thumb Jeeps and Off Road Jeeps. All post events and trail rides in the Michigan section of the forum. They also have websites you can go to directly. Most events are going to be 2 hours away, more or less, there is no place in the tri-county area to off road legally. Two off road parks in reasonable driving distance are The Mounds and Bundy Hill. The Mounds is north of Flint and Bundy Hill is west of MIS. Check out the website and the Michigan section for events.

X2 what Stan said, and don't forget about Rocks and Valleys in Harrison - worth the drive.

DetroitDarin 12-20-2012 06:02 AM

I work in warren - live near Armada; haven't passed any jeeps who seem like they care they are in a Jeep. :)

jkmohican 12-20-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miethead
I work in warren, but live in lapeer county. Don't go out as much as is like to hard to find someone to go with.

It is hard to find people to go with..

And yes, most people i see driving around Warren and Rochester are, as you guys said, unaware. I do go to bundy and the mounds, not really alot of people around here that like to go. Cant really think of any other places.

phittie1100 12-20-2012 12:59 PM

You guys need to find (or start) a local club. We have a meeting/social/dinner/beer thing monthly plus most months a trail ride, park trip, event or service project.

Gogolen 12-20-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phittie1100 (Post 3124865)
Do you send your wife a post card every now and then so she can keep track of your travels? LoL

Nah, I'm home every night and after how much fun she had at the Drummond Island Invasion, The last Sunday in February, and Sno*blind, she insists on going to the upcoming events.:crazy:

DetroitDarin 12-20-2012 01:48 PM

The problem with local clubs - in this area; we'd have to drive to so many of other areas to wheel. :)

miethead 12-20-2012 01:52 PM

R&v, Bundy, the mounds st. Helen aren't to far. I have a group I've done stuff with for a while most are from grand rapids though so its hard to do stuff.

stans1stjeep 12-20-2012 07:21 PM

ORJ, off road jeeps are from oakland county. Phittie is from what lies beyond, both of these groups have organized fun events. Thumb Jeeps is also a group I went with and had a good time. Check these clubs out.

phittie1100 12-21-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogolen (Post 3126345)

Nah, I'm home every night and after how much fun she had at the Drummond Island Invasion, The last Sunday in February, and Sno*blind, she insists on going to the upcoming events.:crazy:

I can't get my wife to go very often anymore. Doesn't like rocks, doesn't like mud, and doesn't like the cold. Plus I tagged a tree pretty good a couple of years back on SnoFari, every time I invite her along she accuses me of trying to finish the job of trying to collect her life insurance.

phittie1100 12-21-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stans1stjeep (Post 3127580)
ORJ, off road jeeps are from oakland county. Phittie is from what lies beyond, both of these groups have organized fun events. Thumb Jeeps is also a group I went with and had a good time. Check these clubs out.

Gogolen is another WLB member, and Alboy79 is a member of Two Trackers over in the GR area. Plus we are members of GLFWDA through our local clubs, so we bump into each other at state-wide meetings and some of those organized events we mentioned - SnoBlind, SnoFari, Drummond Island Invasion, etc. Plus there are a lot of smaller trips once you get to know some people to run with - Alboy went to Moab with a small group this year, Gogolen mentioned the Last Sunday in February trip we take, and I went to Canada last fall with a group that I know through GLFWDA. Speaking of GLFWDA, shameless plug time - next meeting is in West Branch Friday, January 25 at 5pm (fits good into the SnoFari event schedule).

Paul04tj 01-01-2013 09:39 AM

I'm in Shelby Twp.
Been out with ORJ to Bruces Chili run last Feb.
Been to the Pig Gig once and a pre-run.
Wheeled with the Sundowners and Gangbusters Getaways.
Met (Paul) Phittie out in Kzoo for the UFWDA off highway clinic.
Paul sounds like your wife would get along with mine. She loves to go out, but nothing too crazy.
We ran the medium trails at Rocks and valleys.

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 01-02-2013 06:07 AM

Hey I'm from northern Oakland county and am the VP of Thumbjeeps.com. we post events here that we run and a lot of times we ride with ORJ and a few other clubs. I'm not sure we have rodevwith what lies beyond yet though :'(

Johnny HotFoot 01-12-2013 06:41 PM

Grosse point Jeeper here!

My 2010 rubi is bone stock so it may 'appear' I'm not as jeepy as the modded crowd but after my warranty runs out all bets are off.

Thinking about crashin the snowfari later this month, if not then hit bundy hill after a good snow fall

jkmohican 01-13-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny HotFoot
Grosse point Jeeper here!

My 2010 rubi is bone stock so it may 'appear' I'm not as jeepy as the modded crowd but after my warranty runs out all bets are off.

Thinking about crashin the snowfari later this month, if not then hit bundy hill after a good snow fall

Im with you on the warranty thing, even though i am kind of pushing my luck a little. No need to rush getting mods, as my wallet always says. Im in Grosse Pointe shores, so give a wavey if you see a blacked Sahara Unlimited with a pair of windshield lights. As for bundy, i may do the same. I heard their only open a couple days in the Winter though..?

05ljman 01-20-2013 04:29 PM

yeah I live in GP, and go to school with you but we already spoke. I haven't been to Bundy.. any good?

phittie1100 01-21-2013 12:01 PM

Worth the trip

jkmohican 02-03-2013 04:29 PM

Forsure worth the trip. This spring i want to get a group together and go up there. I know theres clubs but im a rebel, yeah. Lol

J33P4X4 02-05-2013 11:25 PM

I live in Chesterfield and drive to Warren. I'd like to do some closely trips as well. Sounds like fun!

netgeek 02-08-2013 09:39 AM

Live in Mt Clemens, work in Port Huron, Pontiac and Clinton Township. Would love to hook up with some other local jeepers for a trip sometime.

audiosmith89 02-08-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netgeek (Post 3337991)
Live in Mt Clemens, work in Port Huron, Pontiac and Clinton Township. Would love to hook up with some other local jeepers for a trip sometime.

Well a buncha us are going to bundy hill tomorrow. Join up!

netgeek 02-09-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiosmith89 (Post 3338002)
Well a buncha us are going to bundy hill tomorrow. Join up!

Dang, would have loved to, but had to work this morning.

Will keep my eyes open for the next group ride.

jkmohican 04-11-2013 10:52 AM

UPDATE I will making a trip to Bundy on either Saturday, May 4 or Sunday May 5, it's going to be an all day thing and the priority of the trip is to have a kick ass time. If anyone is interested let me know!

Gogolen 04-11-2013 04:52 PM

You're going to miss the jeep blessing?

jkmohican 04-11-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogolen (Post 3624703)
You're going to miss the jeep blessing?

When and where is that at?

miethead 04-11-2013 08:43 PM

Saturday may 4th in mesick