Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Freedom Top Questions (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/freedom-top-questions-20639.html)

Mooseman 08-12-2008 05:23 PM

Freedom Top Questions
 
I'm considering a new Wrangler and am a little confused about the Freedom Top options. Does ordering the Freedom Hard Top delete the standard soft top? If not, then what is the advantage of the Dual Top Group? Also, which package includes the half doors? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Gary1129 08-12-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooseman (Post 254806)
I'm considering a new Wrangler and am a little confused about the Freedom Top options. Does ordering the Freedom Hard Top delete the standard soft top? If not, then what is the advantage of the Dual Top Group? Also, which package includes the half doors? Any help is appreciated, thanks.


You can get it 4 different ways

Freedom top and full doors

Freedom top with softop and full doors

Soft top with full doors

Soft top with Half doors(like mine:D)

You always get full doors with anytop unless you specify half doors there is no charge to get the half doors...they are only available with the soft top only jeeps if ya order dual tops you cant get the half doors....Gary

Mooseman 08-12-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary1129 (Post 254853)
You can get it 4 different ways

Freedom top and full doors

Freedom top with softop and full doors

Soft top with full doors

Soft top with Half doors(like mine:D)

You always get full doors with anytop unless you specify half doors there is no charge to get the half doors...they are only available with the soft top only jeeps if ya order dual tops you cant get the half doors....Gary


Thanks for the help....let me see if I've got this straight. The Freedom top option does in fact delete the soft top. The only way to get both tops is to order the Dual top group, and if you go this route, the only way to enjoy half doors is to over-the-counter them. (and pay through the nose!):banghead:
Thanks again Gary.

cowboy12 08-13-2008 10:28 AM

I think you can only get the half doors with the X (with a certain package) and the Rubicon, but not with the Sahara and the other X package. Yes if you select just the Freedom Top, that "cancels" the soft top.

Gary1129 08-13-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboy12 (Post 255024)
I think you can only get the half doors with the X (with a certain package) and the Rubicon, but not with the Sahara and the other X package. Yes if you select just the Freedom Top, that "cancels" the soft top.

You are correct ya have to order the S package X model or the Rubi to get the half doors....This didnt use to be the case good heads up....Gary

Gary1129 08-13-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooseman (Post 254895)
Thanks for the help....let me see if I've got this straight. The Freedom top option does in fact delete the soft top. The only way to get both tops is to order the Dual top group, and if you go this route, the only way to enjoy half doors is to over-the-counter them. (and pay through the nose!):banghead:
Thanks again Gary.

You could buy the freedom top seperatly thru your dealer(possibly at a discout worked into your deal) and order the half doors with your jeep

They will work with the hardtop on but that kinda defeats the purpose

Why do ya want the Hardtop anyway....near as I can tell from workin on em they leak more that my half doored soft top...

FWIW they all leak alil bit(hard or soft) its just the way it is...Gary

Mooseman 08-13-2008 03:29 PM

:rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary1129 (Post 255047)
You could buy the freedom top seperatly thru your dealer(possibly at a discout worked into your deal) and order the half doors with your jeep

They will work with the hardtop on but that kinda defeats the purpose

Why do ya want the Hardtop anyway....near as I can tell from workin on em they leak more that my half doored soft top...

FWIW they all leak alil bit(hard or soft) its just the way it is...Gary


Soft top only would be my choice if it weren't for our Wyoming winters. Sub-zero temps, strong winds, heavy snow and lots of frost have taken their toll on my soft top on my CJ-2A. A new jeep used as a daily driver would be better suited with a hardtop in the winter. As soon as spring arrives, the hardtop will find a storage spot and it will be soft top only. I'm not really concerned about leaks since we're in a drought and it just doesn't rain anymore around here.:rolleyes: Anyway, that brings up another subject....bikini tops.

Gary1129 08-13-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooseman (Post 255106)
:rolleyes:


Soft top only would be my choice if it weren't for our Wyoming winters. Sub-zero temps, strong winds, heavy snow and lots of frost have taken their toll on my soft top on my CJ-2A. A new jeep used as a daily driver would be better suited with a hardtop in the winter. As soon as spring arrives, the hardtop will find a storage spot and it will be soft top only. I'm not really concerned about leaks since we're in a drought and it just doesn't rain anymore around here.:rolleyes: Anyway, that brings up another subject....bikini tops.


I have the Mopar bikini it works wuite well;)

Mooseman 08-13-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary1129 (Post 255112)
I have the Mopar bikini it works wuite well;)

I'll keep that in mind, thanks again Gary.

dogsnhorses 08-17-2008 01:47 PM

Question, can you order half doors after the fact (I am sure they'll be pricey)
If so, will my freedom top and my current soft top that I use with full doors work?

I am thinking the half doors do not work with the freedom top?
I am hoping they'll work with my current soft top.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.