Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   going from BB to coil lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/going-from-bb-to-coil-lift-206433.html)

racerboy6996 12-20-2012 07:51 AM

going from BB to coil lift
 
I purchased my jeep a couple months ago & the PO had installed a Teraflex BB.

I have the chance to purchase a set of used Black Diamond 3" coil springs. But only the springs.

first, should I switch from the BB to the springs? will the effort be worth it?

Also, what else will I need to purchase to do this since I am only getting the springs? going from a BB to coil lift will I need to do things like longer sway bar links, or will i have to relocate anything?

Wattapunk 12-21-2012 02:29 PM

If all you want is an extra 1", alot cheaper and less ha's to add a 1.25" BL instead.

racerboy6996 12-21-2012 02:32 PM

thanks.. i wasnt sure if getting rid of the BB and going with coils would result in a better ride.
I think I am going to pass

GoldenSahara00 12-21-2012 02:56 PM

Coils are most certainly going to be better than a BB spacer. Do you think more spring or more hard spacer is going to make the ride better? Of course the coils require more work. If you are happy how you are now, leave it alone. If you want to make your rig better than do it.

pne123 12-21-2012 03:01 PM

I put 2" coils in my 97. It raised the front 3.5" and the rear 3". My stock coils had sagged a fat inch over the years. If your coils have sagged you may get that amount back to your height. I would swap. was not very hard.

Dextreme 12-21-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 3130035)
Coils are most certainly going to be better than a BB spacer. Do you think more spring or more hard spacer is going to make the ride better? Of course the coils require more work. If you are happy how you are now, leave it alone. If you want to make your rig better than do it.

I respectfully disagree. There are aftermarket coils on the market that are a worse ride than stock coils with a BB on top.

GoldenSahara00 12-21-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dextreme

I respectfully disagree. There are aftermarket coils on the market that are a worse ride than stock coils with a BB on top.

:thumb: I never knew that, I'm glad you told me.

GoldenSahara00 12-21-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00

:thumb: I never knew that, I'm glad you told me.

That may be true, but they still under perform compared to a spring, can cause coil bind, etc.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.