Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Is it possible to combine a 2" body lift with a 2.5" suspension lift? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/is-it-possible-to-combine-a-2-body-lift-with-a-2-5-suspension-lift-206509.html)

douuble_d 12-20-2012 04:52 PM

Is it possible to combine a 2" body lift with a 2.5" suspension lift?

Currently I have a Skyjacker 2" spacer lift on my 2005 TJ. Ive been looking at Rough country's 2.5" Progressive Spring Susp. lift (Jeep TJ Suspension Lift Kit) and I was curious if i could combine the two.

Would I need to include the shocks when i purchase the 2.5" progressive lift , or would the shocks from my current 2" spacer lift work? Also, would i need to include a TC lowering kit ?

DevilDogDoc 12-20-2012 04:54 PM

Is it a spacer lift or a body lift? Your title says one thing and the post another..

douuble_d 12-20-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc (Post 3126993)
Is it a spacer lift or a body lift? Your title says one thing and the post another..

spacer lift

ob269 12-20-2012 05:01 PM

Yes it is possible, there are plenty of guys running the same setup. Just get shocks that are for 4-6" lift

DevilDogDoc 12-20-2012 05:03 PM

I suppose you could stack the spacer on top of the lift springs but you would need longer shocks and yeah there will be vibes to deal with... How bout you let the class know what your goals are and we can guide you there?

douuble_d 12-20-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc (Post 3127016)
I suppose you could stack the spacer on top of the lift springs but you would need longer shocks and yeah there will be vibes to deal with... How bout you let the class know what your goals are and we can guide you there?

haha im aiming to get somewhere from 3.5" to 4.5"(no more than 2" body or spacer) in the cheapest way possible. To avoid more spending, i figured i could find a way to incorperate my 2" spacer lift thats on now

DevilDogDoc 12-20-2012 05:26 PM

To what end? Are you going to wheel it? Mall crawlin? You are unfortunately not going to find cheap and good together, you can cobble together a lift that will clear X size tires but will it ride well? RC is the one of the cheapest lifts along with Skyjacker so they are the Smittybilt of lifts, combining the 2, yikes.... At 4 inches you are getting into SYE's, adj CA's etc and cheap just went away...... What size tire you gonna run?

douuble_d 12-20-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc (Post 3127116)
To what end? Are you going to wheel it? Mall crawlin? You are unfortunately not going to find cheap and good together, you can cobble together a lift that will clear X size tires but will it ride well? RC is the one of the cheapest lifts along with Skyjacker so they are the Smittybilt of lifts, combining the 2, yikes.... At 4 inches you are getting into SYE's, adj CA's etc and cheap just went away...... What size tire you gonna run?

i have 33x12.5's on now. I take it out maybe once or twice a month , nothing serious (dont want to push it with my lift). What do you suggest ? Still leaning towards the cheapER option..

CarolinaBound 12-20-2012 05:56 PM

Can always put on a 1.25" BL and keep the spacers. And if you have any front end sag 3" lift springs or V8 zj front coils

DevilDogDoc 12-20-2012 05:57 PM

So are you trying to do fit 35's? The lift isn't limiting the wheeling that you do, you are.