Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Alabama Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f69/)
-   -   1st time Jeep owner looking for some rookie trails (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f69/1st-time-jeep-owner-looking-for-some-rookie-trails-206661.html)

Jeeprcreepr 12-21-2012 08:08 PM

1st time Jeep owner looking for some rookie trails
 
can't figure out how to add my pic with my user name

BamaRolln 12-27-2012 10:25 PM

Take a ride up to stoney lonesome in cullman county

Stony Lonesome OHV Park - Cullman County, AL

Jeeprcreepr 12-31-2012 08:50 PM

Have you rode these trails much and if so what level should I try. Other than 31/10.5/15's im stock. Couldnt tell much on your profile but you look taller than mine.

98WilburTJ 01-01-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeprcreepr
Have you rode these trails much and if so what level should I try. Other than 31/10.5/15's im stock. Couldnt tell much on your profile but you look taller than mine.


Hey there Stoney is a great place to ride there are trails for all levels from easy to extreme buggy trails you can go three or four times and still won't hit all the good trails there is mud,hills,rocks and just trails for hours and hours I used to go every weekend for a while and still found new trails you need to check it out great place to ride and the staff are great people

d_rehmann 01-01-2013 08:01 PM

Sooo what is the answer to this question? Lol. I would like to know myself

98WilburTJ 01-03-2013 07:23 PM

The first time I went I was rolling on 31s and went farther than anyone around me some people don't Beleive it but if you drive a jeep you just gotta have the nuts to push it hard

BamaRolln 01-04-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeprcreepr (Post 3166068)
Have you rode these trails much and if so what level should I try. Other than 31/10.5/15's im stock. Couldnt tell much on your profile but you look taller than mine.


I have only been up there once so far and they were getting ready to start a race with side by sides and I didn't get to explore the trails much at all.

To answer your question, my picture is 32x11.5's on 15" stock rims with a 2" spacer lift but I recently took that out and replaced it with a 2.5" each spring lift. The reason I did that is because I put on a winch and it made the front sag. I could either bring the back down, or take the spacers out and get new springs to bring the front up and that is the route I took.

You can also find some dirt roads to ride in the Talledega National Forrest.

ryanlamp 03-22-2013 09:11 PM

I am a newbie as well but was however impressed with my yj perfomance at the culmman utv. I would like to get a group of novices together and plan a trip up there. if your interested let me know.

Oz82 05-29-2013 07:28 PM

I'm up for a noob run in the Cullman or Blount County area.

free78 05-29-2013 07:46 PM

You guys interested in riding Cheaha?

Oz82 05-29-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free78 (Post 3805825)
You guys interested in riding Cheaha?

I would love to but I had plans to ride it with the GF, not sure if she can get free this Saturday.

Oz82 06-01-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaRolln (Post 3150604)
Take a ride up to stoney lonesome in cullman county

Stony Lonesome OHV Park - Cullman County, AL



Quote:

Originally Posted by 98WilburTJ (Post 3170327)
Hey there Stoney is a great place to ride there are trails for all levels from easy to extreme buggy trails you can go three or four times and still won't hit all the good trails there is mud,hills,rocks and just trails for hours and hours I used to go every weekend for a while and still found new trails you need to check it out great place to ride and the staff are great people

I have to add my approval for Stony; I spent the day there today, and I will definitely go back soon. I went with a friend who brought his lifted Z71. We swapped driving his truck through mud and my bone-stock YJ through the windy hilly trails.

There's no way to have more fun for $10 each.

Jeeprcreepr 06-05-2013 06:11 PM

Alright, I think you guys twisted my arm, looks like Stoney is where I will brake her in. Think maybe Saturday looks good. Anyone else?

Oz82 06-06-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeprcreepr (Post 3829382)
Alright, I think you guys twisted my arm, looks like Stoney is where I will brake her in. Think maybe Saturday looks good. Anyone else?

I plan to be there. Can't wait to see what the rain will do to the trails. I'm not into mud for the hell of it but don't mind it making a trail more interesting.

My friend is bringing his Z71. He is into mud so we will be playing with that in mud pits.

Jeeprcreepr 06-06-2013 04:54 PM

was told today I have to work sat but looked up stoney and they are open sunday so I downloaded the risk waiver and rider info to save some time when I get there


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.