Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Hope my crappy christmas means everyones is great. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/hope-my-crappy-christmas-means-everyones-is-great-207130.html)

WatchThis! 12-24-2012 04:47 PM

Hope my crappy christmas means everyones is great.

Woke up in the hospital with everything from my eye sockets down shattered. Hopefully I took the big one for the team and everyone else has great luck with christmas and all there wheeling trips since I had to cancel all of mine.

IndyJeepMan 12-24-2012 04:58 PM

What happened man? I hope your last words weren't "Watch This!"

WatchThis! 12-24-2012 05:04 PM

No then last thing I remember saying is "that idit is going to get someone killed" right before he pulled the line in half that hit me in the face

Gjersey84 12-24-2012 05:06 PM

Winch line I'm guessing? If so, ouch, and i'm sorry to hear!

hbgirl 12-24-2012 05:07 PM

Oh my gosh! Get well soon!

WatchThis! 12-24-2012 05:07 PM

No it was a 3/4 wire cable at work.

steve66 12-24-2012 05:07 PM

Ouch! Hope you feel better, and what a story to tell down the road!

LudlowJKUR 12-24-2012 05:09 PM

Holy f@$k man

kik 12-24-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve66 (Post 3139497)

Fortunately he can tell it. Recover soon.

WatchThis! 12-26-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve66 (Post 3139497)

This is one event that I would of been happy to not be talking about later on. Ended up breaking my jaw, pallet, and nose. Everything from my eye socketz down is broken. Got 7 plates put in to tie everything back togher. Pain meds dont even come close to doing there trick. Good thing is I came home the night before christmaz and my daughter is not freaked out by everything. She helps me clean the blood out of my mouth and noise every few hours, hell she says she wants to be a nurse now, but being only 7 I am sure she will chang her mind a few time about what she wants to do when she grows up.

LudlowJKUR 12-26-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchThis!

This is one event that I would of been happy to not be talking about later on. Ended up breaking my jaw, pallet, and nose. Everything from my eye socketz down is broken. Got 7 plates put in to tie everything back togher. Pain meds dont even come close to doing there trick. Good thing is I came home the night before christmaz and my daughter is not freaked out by everything. She helps me clean the blood out of my mouth and noise every few hours, hell she says she wants to be a nurse now, but being only 7 I am sure she will chang her mind a few time about what she wants to do when she grows up.

... Geez man ... Lose for words ... Hopefully no more surgeries I guess

bfgrubi 12-26-2012 05:35 PM

Wow, man... hope the recovery is speeder than it seems it will be. Sounds like you have the best home nurse around though.

tjjeepman2002 12-26-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchThis! (Post 3145054)

Wow..sorry to hear. I hope you feel better...I am lost of words. Thats a pretty big wire rope to get hit with. Sounds like you have a good nurse.

JKDozer 12-26-2012 05:43 PM

I've used and have worked with 3/4" cables, cannot even imagine getting smacked in the face with a snapped/flying end of one (thank heaven you didn't catch it in the neck or eyes..).....Best wishes for a speedy less painful recovery WatchThis.

dabolt55 12-26-2012 05:46 PM

:eek: Definitely OUCH !!!!! Get well and back on the trails, good luck with everything..:thumb:

MTH 12-26-2012 05:48 PM

HOLY BEE-JEEBUS!! :eek:

I'm so sorry man--I'm glad you're at least still alive, as it sounds as if you were very nearly killed. Here's to a speedy recovery.

TheDesertOutlaw 12-26-2012 05:50 PM

Get well soon. Glad to hear your daughter is helping you!:thumb:

enjerhoo 12-26-2012 06:06 PM

That's horrible!

I've been around pretensioning for concrete beams. Very unnerving at times when you start to hear the creaks & see a thick, wrapped steel cable stretch 6 inches.

I hope you heal up soon. I would not wish that experience on anyone.

Spool 12-26-2012 06:08 PM

Holy sh*t...consider yourself lucky that you didn't get your head sliced in half...i never stand around any ropes/cables that has tension in it, i remember pulling a oak tree root out with my SUV awhile back and the rope snapped, impact of the rope put a hole in the truck...imagine my face...

wrz0170 12-26-2012 06:09 PM

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

kjeeper10 12-26-2012 06:33 PM

Sucks man. Get better :(

Bossmanx 12-26-2012 08:17 PM

Sorry to hear that man.

I took a hit too.

xmas at my sis' apartment and her water heater catches fire due to bad connectors.

Long day.

Hope you get better quick man.