Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Cheapest 3" suspension lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/cheapest-3-suspension-lift-207303.html)

newguy88 12-25-2012 07:04 PM

Cheapest 3" suspension lift

Hey guys where can I find the cheapest 3 inch suspension lift kit for my 2003 jeep wrangler x. On roughcountry.com I saw a 3.25 inch suspension lift for $369 is there any cheaper ones out there. Thanks

tj_guy99 12-25-2012 07:10 PM

"Cheap" sometimes costs you more in the long term. If you plan on wheeling, a "cheap" lift probably wont hold up.

UFOtestpilot 12-25-2012 07:14 PM

Honestly, if "cheap" is your only requirement you probably don't want input from folks on the internetz. Just google "cheapest lift for TJ", then select "shopping" on your google bar. You could also go to ebay, sort by "price low to high with shipping".

Just saying.

Dextreme 12-25-2012 07:59 PM

2"BB and a 1"BL is about $200.

WaterDR 12-25-2012 08:29 PM

Might be more effective to ask "what is the most economical way..." The word "cheap" is just so derogatory.

No one should flame you for being on a budget. We all have one. But I do agree that you would be better off getting a quality 2 inch lift which will be about 400 bucks and then doing a body lift.

Btw, I just helped my brother buy a wrangler and we walked from any lifted one that was done crappy which was all of them. So he bought one without a lift.

tj_guy99 12-25-2012 10:33 PM

I am as frugal as the next guy. I have learned the hard way that the cheapest is not always what is really needed. If this Jeep is going to be on any trails, the cheap lifts just wont hold up. If this Jeep is going to be on the highway only, a cheap will help get bigger tires under it. I walked away from purchasing a couple of Jeeps with cheap lifts that were not installed correctly. Some people dont look too closely and a cheap lift is worth just as much as a top of the line lift. It really comes down to what you want out of the lift and the Jeep.

thedaringmove 12-25-2012 11:35 PM

Ide suggest a BB and 1"BL if that's as tall as your planning on going.
Otherwise I went with the Zone 3" and BL. Bout a 100 more than rough country but worth the difference in my opinion.

Neil F. 12-26-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newguy88 (Post 3142340)
Hey guys where can I find the cheapest 3 inch suspension lift kit for my 2003 jeep wrangler x. On roughcountry.com I saw a 3.25 inch suspension lift for $369 is there any cheaper ones out there. Thanks

- What are doing with the Jeep? On road only, off road, what kind of off road

- What size tires?

- What is your total budget including installation if you are not going to do yourself?

Wattapunk 12-26-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil F. (Post 3143583)
- What are doing with the Jeep? On road only, off road, what kind of off road

- What size tires?

- What is your total budget including installation if you are not going to do yourself?

x1..Buy the lift according to your usage. Just a side note, the RC 2.2 shocks in those kits are not known for a smooth ride. Zone or BDS tends to be better options. ( I believe the same manufacturer)

thedaringmove 12-26-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wattapunk

x1..Buy the lift according to your usage. Just a side note, the RC 2.2 shocks in those kits are not known for a smooth ride. Zone or BDS tends to be better options. ( I believe the same manufacturer)

Agreed about the shocks as long as you go with Zone's hydros. The nitros are extremely stiff on bumpy roads. Being 18 I don't really care about comfort though.