Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

LiteDOTs LED Tail light Install Issues

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jonny jeep 
#1 ·
So I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport 5-speed with a wiring harness for a trailer in the rear and had a hookup for being towed in the front (which I cut for my new bumper). Recently I bought a set of the LiteDOT LED Tail lights and as im a decently versed DIYer, I attempted to do the install. Even though I followed the directions to the T, my wiring doesnt match up to that of the instructions. Where there is supposed to be a connecter from the OEM tail light to the jeep and it appears to have been spliced and hard wired in. At this point im completely stuck and the story is the same for both tail lights. Is it safe to just cut and hard wire the new tail lights in or should I take it to a professional and have them do the install? Which is $$$ i dont want to spend if i dont have too. :banghead:

#4 ·
i need help wiring new LEDs i bought. my 97 tj has green with black wire, white with black, and a solid white. the white with black went to the reverse bulbs. i need to know the function of the other two, as any posts ive read have mentioned brown, violet or red, none of which i have. someone direct me please. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.