Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Question about rebuilt Tital jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/question-about-rebuilt-tital-jeep-207942.html)

Snkbyt 12-28-2012 08:41 PM

Question about rebuilt Title jeep

Looking at two different jeeps......an 04 silver rubicon with 57k miles, I can get it from a dealer that I have spent over a half mill in cars this year so I think there giving me a good deal.Any way they will give it to me for $13.6 ++++ it's bone stock and they claim to have $14.6 in it :whistling:

Now I also just came across a 05 rubicon with 85k miles 4" lift 33" tires front and rear aftermarket bumpers plus winch..... It's got a rebuilt title!!!!
It's in great shape from the pics,I'm going to drive it Monday.now I know all the bads that can come from a salvage or rebuilt title but I can have this jeep for $8500 for sure and possibly even less,What are your thoughts ?????

Snkbyt 12-28-2012 10:12 PM

Dang 56 views and not one helping hand!!!!!

Arch 12-28-2012 10:56 PM

I was looking at a rebuilt title as well before I bought my wrangler. It was a 2009 for 10 grand. I talked to my insurance guy and he said he would have to look into it but the company would probably charge me more per month and a higher premium due to the rebuilt title. Just a thought, go talk to your insurance company and see what they say.

Jackalope 12-28-2012 11:44 PM

Not no. Hell no. No way, no how. You say you know all the "bads" that can come from a rebuilt title, but I submit that you don't. If you did, you wouldn't be considering one.

JACK3D 12-29-2012 07:55 AM

I would be weary of buying a vehicle with a rebuilt title, especially a Jeep.. You have no idea what caused it to earn the rebuilt title.. It could have rolled down a mountain, or sank in a pond. I'd stay away from it if I were you.

Snkbyt 12-29-2012 08:59 AM

What do you think of the 04 rubicon with the clean title?is 13.6 good or fair deal

JACK3D 12-29-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snkbyt (Post 3155360)
What do you think of the 04 rubicon with the clean title?is 13.6 good or fair deal

You said you can get the rebuilt title for $8000, and the clean title Rubi for 13.6? I'd go with the 04 if I were in your shoes.

Snkbyt 12-29-2012 05:37 PM

Thanks......
Any other thoughts??????

Arch 12-29-2012 10:09 PM

I'd go with 04 but offer 12 grand. I know its a Rubi but I had a chance to buy an 06 Unlimited with 70k on it for $12,300. Do you have any other options or is it just between these to wranglers?

Snkbyt 12-30-2012 08:49 AM

Oh god don't get me started on options LOL I am a compulsive car buyer....I've had everything from ZR1 to lifted f250s.i have been back and fourth from jetting a jeep for 6-8K to getting a jk for 20k then I figure if I'm going to spend 20k I might as well spend 25-28k and get the new jk with new motor.The problem is I'm buying this for my house in Florida,I only visit the home once a month if that so something tells me I don't need to spend that money on a jeep that just sits:banghead:
That's why I've decided on cheaper again.oh and did I mention I have to kids with one more on the way,i will probably get the look from my wife for about two or three weeks if I buy a two door but I just don't see everybody riding in it so that's why I've decided to go cheaper smaller.

Iceman 12-30-2012 11:48 AM

Words of wisdom given to me when I was searching for my Jeep. "Jeeps are built not bought." Remember though the 05 looks nice and has upgrades already done you are buying someone else's screw ups. You will be fixing things they cut corners on, and with a rebuilt title you know there is a good likelyhood that it has been abused.

On the other hand a bone stock Jeep is a blank canvas for you to build the ideal perfect jeep for you, done right without cutting corners.

I thought I wanted a Jeep already dressed out and ready, fortunately for me all I found had problems that I found before buying and left with who was trying to sell them. I stumbled onto a jeep that was bone stock except for a set of side steps and a replacement top (it's a 97 I bough in 2011 so a replacement top was not a bad thing lol.) Though I have been turning wrench since before I started driving, building up this Jeep has thought me a lot about it and it's personality.

In short, in opinion between the two, get the 04. Build it yourself to your liking and what fits you. Enjoy the wrench time, and leave the 05 and it's problems behind and forget about it.

whiteyj 12-30-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackalope (Post 3154538)
Not no. Hell no. No way, no how. You say you know all the "bads" that can come from a rebuilt title, but I submit that you don't. If you did, you wouldn't be considering one.

X2 There was another thread with a kid and a yellow TJ.....Got a heck of a "deal" but hardtop, hood, and doors are all jacked up.......Now he's dealing with a body shop to get an estimate to straighten things back out.

Arch 12-30-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 3159595)
Words of wisdom given to me when I was searching for my Jeep. "Jeeps are built not bought." Remember though the 05 looks nice and has upgrades already done you are buying someone else's screw ups. You will be fixing things they cut corners on, and with a rebuilt title you know there is a good likelyhood that it has been abused.

On the other hand a bone stock Jeep is a blank canvas for you to build the ideal perfect jeep for you, done right without cutting corners.

I thought I wanted a Jeep already dressed out and ready, fortunately for me all I found had problems that I found before buying and left with who was trying to sell them. I stumbled onto a jeep that was bone stock except for a set of side steps and a replacement top (it's a 97 I bough in 2011 so a replacement top was not a bad thing lol.) Though I have been turning wrench since before I started driving, building up this Jeep has thought me a lot about it and it's personality.

In short, in opinion between the two, get the 04. Build it yourself to your liking and what fits you. Enjoy the wrench time, and leave the 05 and it's problems behind and forget about it.

^ This.

I looked at an 05 LJ as well and it was already lifted with mudders. The lift kit looked all rusted, the winch didnt work, the bumpers were rusty and had holes etc. Even though the body was in great condition, all the add on stuff was ready to be replaced. Get a stock wrangler and make it your own, thats half the fun for sure.

Tarby 12-31-2012 10:53 PM

I currently own a 1995 YJ that I bought as salvage and rebuilt it and it has a R-Title...I did all the work my self, so I know what it is, and it is cleaner than my wife's JK. It was from the South. I also bought a a 1993 Wrangler with an R- Title that was beautiful for $4000...the only reason it was reconstructed was it was stolen, had a bent fender, the back window cut out of the softop, and back seat stolen. The reason it was R-titled was because it would have cost more to fix it than it was worth. Both of these vehicles were bone stock, by the way...so they were unmolested.

My theory is if you are going into buying a vehicle with alot of knowledge, you will know what to look for, and you will be ok. I have no problem with R-titled vehicles, as long as you know what to look for.

By the way, here is my R-titled Wrangler. This was the side that was damaged...front fender was smashed, hood peeled back, front axle ripped off and frame bent. All fixed and within 1/16 of an inch of being perfectly square in frame dimension, which some frames at the factory are even off by that much....[IMG]http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/s...YJnow010-1.jpg[/IMG]

Snkbyt 01-02-2013 04:12 PM

Thanks for All the help guys I just got home with the clean title 04 rubicon and I couldn't be happier now I just need your help on which route to go as far as lift and wheels. I'm using this jeep for my house in Florida and will want to keep it in the garage however garage door down there is only 6'8" tall as opposed to my home in Georgia being 8 feet tall ,what size lift should I get as long as well as wheels and tires to clear that garage?

the Kolector 01-03-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snkbyt
Thanks for All the help guys I just got home with the clean title 04 rubicon and I couldn't be happier now I just need your help on which route to go as far as lift and wheels. I'm using this jeep for my house in Florida and will want to keep it in the garage however garage door down there is only 6'8" tall as opposed to my home in Georgia being 8 feet tall ,what size lift should I get as long as well as wheels and tires to clear that garage?

Measure the height of the jeep as it sits now and see what difference you have to work with. I would think you'd be fine with a 2.5 in budget lift. Seems to be a pretty popular one on the forum.