Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   On The Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/)
-   -   5th Annual Topless for TATAs at Rausch Creek (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/5th-annual-topless-for-tatas-at-rausch-creek-208027.html)

Jeepin_Dad 12-29-2012 10:27 AM

5th Annual Topless for TATAs at Rausch Creek

Event Info:
5th Annual Topless for TATA's Wheeling Event
Event Date:
August 10 & 11, 2013
Event Location:
Rausch Creek Offroad Park
Block of Rooms Reserved:
Comfort Inn, Pine Grove, PA under "TATA run." Direct number to the Comfort Inn is 570-345-8031. There are other surrounding hotels but the Comfort Inn Pine Grove is the hotel of choice.
What Has Changed This Year?
• This year will be a two day event! To celebrate our 5th year, we will be featuring a two day event on August 10-11, 2013 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park. Each year we strive to make the registration process as easy as possible. In keeping up with the tradition of easy registration we've decided to incorporate all fees into one payment payable to Topless for TATAs, Inc. We have created packages for the event that includes a guided trail ride at Rausch Creek Off Road Park and participation in all event activities. Packages that will accommodate all of your TATA needs are as follows:
Day One Only (Saturday) $50
Day Two Only (Sunday) $50
Both Days (Saturday & Sunday) $90
• Packages include access to both the old and new Rausch Creek properties. Trail guides will determine which property will be accessed.
• This year there will be no registration with the Rausch Creek office as we are offering an all inclusive registration online. Topless for TATAs will once again offer "pre check in" on Friday evening and "check in" the mornings of the event. There will be no passenger fees however all registered drivers must have a current Rausch Creek membership the day of the event. Rausch Creek will have staff on hand at TATAs "pre check in" and "check in" to ensure memberships are current. You will be required to show proof of current membership at time of "check in". All Topless for TATAs and Rausch Creek waivers for both drivers and passengers must be completed and submitted before you are permitted to participate in the event in any capacity. For details concerning driver membership, please visit Rausch Creek Off Road Park for information.

What Has Not Changed This Year?
• The Topless for TATA's Wheeling events primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for Breast Cancer Research.
• Registration will be done electronically this year just like last year. Please click here to register or toplessfortatas.com. This year's event will be limited to 500 vehicles. After 500 we will start a waiting list.
• Comfort Inn, Pine Grove PA will be the hotel of choice for accommodations. We have already setup a block of rooms listed under the booking of "TATA Run" at a rate of $65.00 per night. Please call and reference "TATA Run" to ensure your stay at the Comfort Inn, Pine Grove. The direct number to the hotel is 570-345-8031. For those bringing children please remember that the Comfort Inn has an indoor pool. The hotel is also pet friendly. All rooms are equipped with a microwave and refrigerator.
• Trail guides, at their discretion, reserve the right to make changes to the groups and group line up.
• The proceeds raised at the event will be donated to Breast Cancer Research Foundation. BCRF's mission is to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime by providing critical funding for innovative clinical and translational research at leading medical centers worldwide, and increasing public awareness about good breast health. Currently, over 90 cents of every dollar donated goes to research and awareness programs.
• You are responsible for providing snacks and beverages.
• All sponsoring vendors are invited to attend our event.
• Registration/Check-in will be at 8am on Saturday, August 10th, 2013 and we hope to hit the trails no later than 9:30am. Advance check-in will be offered Friday, August 9th, 2013 evening at the Comfort Inn, Pine Grove, PA.
• Although not mandatory, it is still suggested for you to have a CB along with recovery gear. At a minimum we are requesting that all vehicles have some type of recovery point in the front and rear.
• We cannot stress enough the importance of listening to your spotter and or trail guide.
• The Raffle will be held at Rausch Creek in the Pavilion. The Raffle will be held at a predetermined time immediately following the trail ride on Saturday. You must be present to take part in the raffle. Only event participants will be eligible to take part in our raffle.
• 5th Annual Topless for TATA's event swag (t-shirts, hoodies, etc.) will be available for purchase the morning of the event. Our suggestion is to pre purchase your swag to ensure you get the size and quantity desired. Event swag will also be available through the Topless for TATAs website.
• This will be an All Breeds event. That being said if your vehicle has the ability to run Topless it is highly encouraged.
• The Topless for TATAs crew will once again be at several Jeep events, PA Jeeps, and ADAMS Jeep Jam to name a few, throughout 2013 promoting our event.
What Help Is Needed This Year?
Last year our event was a huge success due in part to the overwhelming response we received for our request for volunteers. For the 5th Annual Topless for TATA's event we will again be calling on volunteers to help with registration, trail guides/gunners and the after party. If you would like to volunteer to be a trail guide or tail gunner, please let us know. Again, our event would not be where it is today without the help of volunteers!
How Do You Register This Year?
Click on the following link: http://events.constantcontact.com/re...8oc7yx82e2f083
This Year's Event Agenda
An Event Agenda will be forthcoming as the event draws closer.
Please "like" our Facebook page and be sure to frequent the various forums our event is posted on for the latest updates. As always we will continue to announce event sponsors as they roll in and will advise what events the TATAs crew will be attending. Many of you advised that you liked receiving the TATAs Times newsletter so that will continue this year as well. In order for you to receive the latest news via email, make sure you subscribe for future mailings. If your email has changed, please let me know so that I can update the distribution lists.
Remember last year we sold out the event in 12 days and had many on the standby list that couldn't attend. Although we raised the participating vehicle limit to 500 in 2013, I suspect the event will sell out quickly once again. To ensure your participation at what will be a truly awesome event please make sure you register today.

Jeepin_Dad 12-29-2012 10:33 AM

I will be guiding Trail Group 11 (green/blue) this year.

ahawksfan 12-29-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepin_Dad (Post 3155740)
Event Date:
August 10 & 11, 2013
[/COLOR]

Website says August 4th. You might want to edit one of them :whistling:

Would love to go but I am trying to be a regional BBQ judge and won't find out until the 16th if I can attend.

Jeepin_Dad 12-29-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahawksfan (Post 3156562)
Website says August 4th. You might want to edit one of them :whistling:

Would love to go but I am trying to be a regional BBQ judge and won't find out until the 16th if I can attend.

the website has not been updated yet, the correct dates are August 10th & 11th

Jeepin_Dad 12-31-2012 08:53 AM

The website has been updated with this year's dates

Jeepin_Dad 01-07-2013 07:57 PM

If anyone is thinking of going I wouldn't wait to long before you sign up. Seven Trail Groups have already been filled and others are starting to fill up.

Jeepin_Dad 01-09-2013 08:53 PM

Once you select your group and submit your registration you will not have the opportunity to switch groups. If you have any questions about trail groups or trail levels please ask before you sign up. You can either ask me or you can email Chantelle at contact@toplessfortatas.com.

Jeepin_Dad 01-16-2013 08:56 PM

The event is 50% SOLD OUT!!!! Thanks to everyone who has registered! Our 5th year is going to be AMAZING!!! If you want to come don't wait to much longer to sign up!!!

https://events.r20.constantcontact.c...x82e2f083&oseq

Jeepin_Dad 01-18-2013 09:37 AM

Any one else coming???

Here are a few Videos from past TATA events.

Jeepin Dad on Yellow Jack Rausch Creek 2010.MP4 - YouTube
2011 Topless for Tatas Brake Check - YouTube
2011 Topless for Tatas Group 10 - YouTube
Topless for Tata's at Rausch Creek 2011 - YouTube
Project Blue Jeep Topless for Tata's 3 2011 - YouTube
Topless For Tatas 3rd Annual Charity Wheeling Event - YouTube
2012 TOPLESS FOR TATA'S RAUSCH CREEK TRAIL GUIDE MIKE GARDN - YouTube

tabber02 01-18-2013 06:18 PM

wow, that looks like a great time! i wonder if i could sweet talk the little lady into a road trip.... :rolleyes:

Jeepin_Dad 01-18-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber02 (Post 3246893)
wow, that looks like a great time! i wonder if i could sweet talk the little lady into a road trip.... :rolleyes:

Love to have you, right now we have Jeeps from Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia signed up, would love to add Florida to the list.

tabber02 01-18-2013 08:51 PM

skid plate and lockers a must? we dont have many trails like this in florida? i'm not locked... maybe i need to move that up the list... :whistling:

Jeepin_Dad 01-18-2013 09:24 PM

For Greens any stock wrangler should be fine. On Blue trails you don't need lockers, and the stock JK skids are fine, at least 31" tires are recommended. For Blacks trails I recommend 35" tires, adding oil pan, transmission and evap skids, rocker protection and at least one locker. For Reds you need 2 lockers and to be well armored, 35" tires minimum but bigger is better.

tabber02 01-18-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepin_Dad (Post 3247787)
For Greens any stock wrangler should be fine. On Blue trails you don't need lockers, and the stock JK skids are fine, at least 31" tires are recommended. For Blacks trails I recommend 35" tires, adding oil pan, transmission and evap skids, rocker protection and at least one locker. For Reds you need 2 lockers and to be well armored, 35" tires minimum but bigger is better.

gotcha, thanks! i have 35s, an evap skid, and rubi rails... i just don't have much underbelly armor yet, and i haven't done the locker either... yet. hope to get it done soon though.

Jeepin_Dad 01-18-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber02 (Post 3247819)
gotcha, thanks! i have 35s, an evap skid, and rubi rails... i just don't have much underbelly armor yet, and i haven't done the locker either... yet. hope to get it done soon though.

If you do decide to make the trip, with your set up, what sounds like limited experience on rocks and the distance you would need to drive home I'd recommend one of the Green/Blue groups. I personnally recommend Trail Group 11, the trail guide is awesome:whistling:. The greens are fun, the blues would challenge you some but not to the point you would be risking not being able to drive home.

If the wheeling isn't enough to lure you, the raffle on Saturday evening just keeps getting bigger every year, last year it took a couples of hours and they gave away multiple lift kits, bumpers, winches and a bunch of other gear.

tabber02 01-18-2013 10:13 PM

okay great, thanks for the advice! i would really love to get up there and have a go at it. :)

eatdirt 01-19-2013 08:19 AM

Gonna see if I can make it

Jeepin_Dad 01-19-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatdirt (Post 3248856)
Gonna see if I can make it

We would be happy to have you join us :thumb:.

I just caution anyone who thinks they want to come don't wait to long to sign up once we hit 500 participents registration will be closed, over half the spots have already been filled. Last year there were poeple on the waiting list that want to come be were not able to because they waited to long to sign up.

Jeepin_Dad 01-28-2013 06:10 AM

Comfort Inn has been sold out. Other lodging options can be found here:

Rausch Creek Off Road Park

Rausch Creek does have free primitive camping on site, on busy weekends like this one they do like you to call and make a reservation.

Jeepin_Dad 01-29-2013 07:02 AM

Update on Camping at RC

From Lynn at RC:
Rausch Creek thanks you all for your support of this event. We anticipate a lot of people will want to camp at the park this weekend. Normally you would need to contact me (Lynn) for a camping reservation, but for this event that is not necessary. Here is what you need to know about camping at the park:

It is primitive. There are picnic tables, fire rings, and porta-potties. Rules are posted throughout the area, but the basics are plan on packing your trash out and do not burn pallets, glass, or cans. The camping area is to the right of the driveway and divided into 3 areas. The first area on your right is Area A which is suitable for single-vehicles with tents and trucks/trailers who are tent camping. The next area is Area B which is for single-vehicles with tents only. Area C is for truck/trailers, RV’s, and also for multiple single-vehicles if they park 2-3 behind each other.

All vehicles/RV’s/trailers should pull in or back in. No parallel parking.

If anyone has any issues or concerns, please contact me at lynn@rc4x4.org

Jeepin_Dad 02-04-2013 06:36 AM

Anyone else coming?? If you want to come don't wait to long the event is filling up and with tax returns coming in expecting a spike in registrations.

Jeepin_Dad 02-07-2013 06:27 AM

Groups are starting to fill up fast, especially the Green and Green/Blue Groups. 12 Groups are already full and there are a few others with only 1 or 2 spots left. If you want to join us this year don't wait too long to register.

Jeepin_Dad 02-16-2013 09:49 AM

Just shy of being 75% sold out! :)

Jeepin_Dad 02-19-2013 06:32 AM

For those of you on facebook like the Dave Morganthall at Topless for TATAs page. He is the volunteer PR Director and will help keep people informed about events where the TATAs crew will be.

Here is a link to his page:
http://www.facebook.com/DaveMorganth...ity?ref=stream

Jeepin_Dad 02-25-2013 07:09 AM

Any one else coming??? Remember if you want to join the event you must register and spots are filling up quickly so don't wait to long.

To register click here:
https://events.r20.constantcontact.c...82e2f083&oseq=

WF registered participants that I currently know of are:

TG 1: littlethimble, JK-o-lantern
TG2: sgtkersh, Zed, stevethekorean
TG11: Jeepin_Dad(Trail Guide)
TG15: Mike Gardner(Trail Guide)

Jeepin_Dad 02-25-2013 02:20 PM

This was posted on PR Director Dave's Facebook page, if you are on facebook and have not Liked his page you really should. If you are not on Facebook and have a tribute to to someone who lost their battle or a survivor story feel free to send it to me and I will forward it on to Dave.

Dave Morganthall at Topless for TATAs

Who's ready to have their eyeballs bombarded with lots of information regarding The Official Topless for TATA's Charity Wheeling Event??? I thought that might make your Monday a little less Mondayesque...so stay tuned, this week I will begin to roll out some little nuggets of awesomeness!! Also, I need to know what YOU want to know about Topless (aside from everything) so I know how to word my press releases.

Next, if you've lost someone to breast cancer, we need their names to add to our "Tributes on the Trails". (hope Chantelle at Topless for TATAs likes that name, I just thought of it...unless she thought of it first...) I am also personally doing something, with the help of Ca-moo, to help remember those who have lost the fight AND those who continue their fight!!

And then, last but NEVER least, I am still looking for "Survivor Stories". I have a few things in the works that need happy endings...

Please share with your friends so that we can continue spreading the word...today's word is TATAs, it will be the rest of the days' word too FYI :)

Jeepin_Dad 03-03-2013 06:32 PM

Another group filled up today, if you want to join this years event register soon.

Jeepin_Dad 03-04-2013 07:41 PM

Just a reminder of why we are doing this ride, my friend Herb posted this on PR director Dave Morganthall at Topless for TATAs facebook page a couple weeks ago.

"Last week Judi and I lost a dear friend to breast cancer. Susan Gumble waged a valiant 3 year battle with a positive attitude and spirit. She never gave up Hope. She was an inspiration for all who knew her. This years TATA ride, for us, will be dedicated to Susan. Rest in peace."

We also have several breast cancer surviors that will be joining us for the event.

Last year Topless for TATAs raised over $15,000 for breast cancer research.

Jeepin_Dad 03-05-2013 07:33 PM

All GREEN groups for the event are SOLD OUT! Very few GREEN/BLUE and BLUE slots are left. Make sure you sign up soon for your spot or you might not get in this year.

stevenstacey 03-11-2013 09:50 AM

we will both be there!!!