Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Does your Jeep get out of front end alignment easy? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/does-your-jeep-get-out-of-front-end-alignment-easy-208984.html)

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-02-2013 11:32 AM

Does your Jeep get out of front end alignment easy?

It seems like every time I got off the road I mess up my front end alignment. I don't go over bumps or holes fast or anything.

Imped 01-02-2013 11:37 AM

Your 'alignment' is held in place by linkages. The only way the alignment will change is if the length of those linkages change. That can only happen if they bend or adjust. So, your turnbuckles are either not fastened down tight enough or you're bending one or more linkage bars. Figure out what you're doing wrong and prevent it from happening. Simple as that.

Neil F. 01-02-2013 01:25 PM

How are you verifying it is out of alignment? The only alignment to set is the Toe. You can do that yourself very easly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imped (Post 3172640)
Your 'alignment' is held in place by linkages. The only way the alignment will change is if the length of those linkages change. That can only happen if they bend or adjust. So, your turnbuckles are either not fastened down tight enough or you're bending one or more linkage bars. Figure out what you're doing wrong and prevent it from happening. Simple as that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWANNAOFFROAD (Post 3172629)
It seems like every time I got off the road I mess up my front end alignment. I don't go over bumps or holes fast or anything.

You slammed into a curb no too long ago.

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-02-2013 03:21 PM

I had my alignment fixed since than thought. I just got brand new 31 inch mud tires and since than it pulls to the left a little bit.

UnlimitedLJ04 01-02-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWANNAOFFROAD (Post 3172629)

I go over bumps and pot holes plenty fast. I even hit dips at speed and use the bumpstops for what they're designed to do. I often jump curbs too.

My alignment hasn't moved one bit in years, unless I did something deliberate to change it.

Rolly32 01-02-2013 03:31 PM

If it pulls a little to the left or right, I'd consider that normal. I have hit very big potholes and nothing has ever happened to my alignment. I think you are over reacting since you said you had an alignment done.. probably at a shop, they would bring it to your attention that something isn't right. At least alignment shops around my area do.

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-02-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolly32
If it pulls a little to the left or right, I'd consider that normal. I have hit very big potholes and nothing has ever happened to my alignment. I think you are over reacting since you said you had an alignment done.. probably at a shop, they would bring it to your attention that something isn't right. At least alignment shops around my area do.

Ok thanks

SeVeReDiStOrTiOn 01-02-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWANNAOFFROAD (Post 3173493)
I had my alignment fixed since than thought. I just got brand new 31 inch mud tires and since than it pulls to the left a little bit.

Could be the tires tracking the road. What's the psi in them?

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-02-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

Could be the tires tracking the road. What's the psi in them?

I'll check