Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2questions in1 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2questions-in1-209014.html)

cocky grin 01-02-2013 01:32 PM

2questions in1

So my factory jack had an unfortunate accident with my moms jeeps wheel...needless to say its broken...what should I replace it with? Where would I find one? I'm only gonna use it to change a tire if I get a flat.

cocky grin 01-02-2013 01:33 PM

Secondly I just installed a rudded ridge snorkel and I live I'm Ohio. When it's snowing will snow build up in the high mount and clog it? Also what effect does rain have in snorkels?

tabber02 01-02-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocky grin (Post 3173081)
Secondly I just installed a rudded ridge snorkel and I live I'm Ohio. When it's snowing will snow build up in the high mount and clog it? Also what effect does rain have in snorkels?

i thought there was a small hole in the bottom of the snorkel for rain drainage. is there not one?

for the jack - i'd probably go and try to find a bottle jack as a replacement. harbor freight, sears, 4WP, or an autozone or something...

cocky grin 01-02-2013 01:52 PM

Yes there is it has a manual drain I was just curious about like down pour rain of that could cause an issue

And how big of a jack should I get? Or are the all pretty much the same?

NYC 01-02-2013 01:58 PM

Consider a HiJack you can also use it as a cum-a-long.

tabber02 01-02-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocky grin (Post 3173162)
Yes there is it has a manual drain I was just curious about like down pour rain of that could cause an issue

And how big of a jack should I get? Or are the all pretty much the same?

how big of a lift do you have? or as suggested, just use your hi-lift. that's all i use. works okay for me. thankfully i've only had to use it once. :whistling:

cocky grin 01-02-2013 02:06 PM

I have a 3" lift with 34s but I was actually thinking About the hilift and I thought changing a tire with them isn't exactly safe?

suicideking 01-02-2013 02:11 PM

Do you have rock rails? If so, I would use the Hi Lift and jack it up using the rails.

Many that don't have a hi lift use a bottle jack.

tabber02 01-02-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocky grin (Post 3173209)
I have a 3" lift with 34s but I was actually thinking About the hilift and I thought changing a tire with them isn't exactly safe?

that's not true. a lot of folks are afraid of the hi-lift. it's an awesome tool if you use it properly. i always throw the spare under my rig if i'm jacking... no matter what jack i use. that's a safety precaution.

also don't jack it way up so it's real off camber. and i try to jack from the rubi rail closest to the tire i need to remove.

always hold the handle with two hands... it can spring back on you if you don't pay attention. just have to pay attention when you use it. :thumb:

cocky grin 01-03-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber02

that's not true. a lot of folks are afraid of the hi-lift. it's an awesome tool if you use it properly. i always throw the spare under my rig if i'm jacking... no matter what jack i use. that's a safety precaution.

also don't jack it way up so it's real off camber. and i try to jack from the rubi rail closest to the tire i need to remove.

always hold the handle with two hands... it can spring back on you if you don't pay attention. just have to pay attention when you use it. :thumb:

Hmm ill have to look more into this.

Anyone have any idea about the snorkel in snow? Will it clog up?