Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Massachusetts Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/)
-   -   Anyone have a good welder in the Boston area? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/anyone-have-a-good-welder-in-the-boston-area-209055.html)

Crby77 01-02-2013 04:18 PM

Anyone have a good welder in the Boston area?

My frame is rotting out in a hurry and I need word done. Went to Mikes in Revere and they wanted 3k for the job. Hoping to get a few estimates before I spend a lot.

Just paid the damn thing off too. It's a 2001 sport

lolpetewtf 01-03-2013 10:52 PM

I got someone out in Leominster that rebuilt a TJ frame. It is a little far but let me know. Came out great.

Crby77 01-04-2013 10:44 AM

If he is fair and does a good job I'm interested. Mind me asking what he charged for the job?

lolpetewtf 01-06-2013 07:05 PM

Need to know what part of the frame which is the most important part. Going to need good pictures of the problem areas before I will even contact him.

Crby77 01-07-2013 04:47 PM

Unfortunately I don't know where to begin. The joints coming off the control arms were what they pointed out as being the worst. Just about everything else needs to be pieced together too. If he could do it in steps that would be ideal (not exactly loaded...). I can post pictures another day.

lolpetewtf 01-07-2013 09:21 PM

Don't expect it to be cheap. I'm sure you're looking at quite a bill regardless of who does it. I'll talk to him soon. Perhaps I can dig up the pics of the Jeep he did. Was impressive to say the least.

BigDeaner 01-08-2013 02:28 PM

For 3 grand, you're better of buying a welder from Home Depot and learning to weld yourself... Might want to throw out an ad on Craigslist too. Lots of ironworkers currently out of work looking for some side jobs (I know, I work in construction).

Here's an ad I found within 10 seconds of a search. Just a thought.

Welding of all types

Crby77 01-09-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolpetewtf (Post 3197319)
Don't expect it to be cheap. I'm sure you're looking at quite a bill regardless of who does it. I'll talk to him soon. Perhaps I can dig up the pics of the Jeep he did. Was impressive to say the least.

Yeah I know it'll be a big job. In a perfect world I'd like to have it done in steps so I don't have to front all the $ at once. I know that may not be ideal for this kind of job though...

Crby77 01-09-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDeaner (Post 3200137)
For 3 grand, you're better of buying a welder from Home Depot and learning to weld yourself... Might want to throw out an ad on Craigslist too. Lots of ironworkers currently out of work looking for some side jobs (I know, I work in construction).

Here's an ad I found within 10 seconds of a search. Just a thought.

Welding of all types

Not a bad idea. The unknown of getting help done on craigslist worries me. Sent him an email to see if he has done any jeep work.

Thanks!

BigDeaner 01-09-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crby77 (Post 3204079)
Not a bad idea. The unknown of getting help done on craigslist worries me. Sent him an email to see if he has done any jeep work.

Thanks!

Welding is welding is welding. Make sure he's certified and you should be fine, if you meet him and don't feel comfortable with the situation, just pass.