Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2011 Call of Duty Black Ops Edition ? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2011-call-of-duty-black-ops-edition-209258.html)

Michaelk270 01-03-2013 11:35 AM

2011 Call of Duty Black Ops Edition ?
 
Is there a way I can tell if this jeep came from the factory as black ops edition or if previous owner added stickers can't get in touch with previous owner. Ran the serial # and all that shows up is rubicon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tabber02 01-03-2013 11:44 AM

i think you can look up the build sheet with the VIN... through Jeep.com i think...

XTRyan 01-03-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelk270 (Post 3177410)
Is there a way I can tell if this jeep came from the factory as black ops edition or if previous owner added stickers can't get in touch with previous owner. Ran the serial # and all that shows up is rubicon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michaelk270,

You can call your Jeep dealers service dept and have them run it's VIN. You can also enter the VIN and the vehicles info at Jeep's site. Check out the link below. Hopefully that will help. Good Luck!!

Contact Jeep

Phil

BlackOpsJeep 01-03-2013 04:41 PM

It should look like this but a VIN check as mentioned above is the sure way.
Jeep : Wrangler WE FINANCE!! in Jeep | eBay Motors

appleman46 01-03-2013 10:57 PM

If the previous owner just added stickers the handle bar in front of the passenger seat isn't going to be the Black Ops special edition with what number your edition is.........otherwise the stickers and even the bumpers can all be bought on line.

BLK2012 01-04-2013 05:25 AM

Yea, contacting Jeep is the way to go. I ran my 2012 MW3 VIN through one of the checksites and it just came up with Rubicon as well.

BlackOpsJeep 01-04-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appleman46 (Post 3180496)
If the previous owner just added stickers the handle bar in front of the passenger seat isn't going to be the Black Ops special edition with what number your edition is.........otherwise the stickers and even the bumpers can all be bought on line.

Actually, only on 2012 COD's did they put serial#'s on the grab handles. The 2011's didn't get that feature. You have to look up the VIN to know for sure.

Here is a gallery of the 2011 Black Ops and the inside grab handle is not marked.
http://jalopnik.com/5730785/call-of-...otos/gallery/1

appleman46 01-05-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOpsJeep (Post 3182873)
Actually, only on 2012 COD's did they put serial#'s on the grab handles. The 2011's didn't get that feature. You have to look up the VIN to know for sure.

Here is a gallery of the 2011 Black Ops and the inside grab handle is not marked.
Call Of Duty Black Ops Jeep: Live Photos

Hmm.... interesting, I did not know that. Not sure when I'll need to bust that knowledge out, lol, but still good to know.

BlackOpsJeep 01-05-2013 12:27 PM

yeah I've seen a number of the 2011's out there and none had a sn# on the grab bar. They still had one on the lot I was at when I bought mine and I don't remember seeing that either. I did look inside and although it was nice, the price wasn't. I wasn't going to pay a bunch of extra $$$ for some decals, stitching and overpriced add-ons. Anyone can buy the decals from MOPAR for about $50, slap em on with a few extras and have it look just like one for far less. As long as they come clean when selling it that it isn't really an official edition, all is good. I think MOPAR seen this coming and added the sn#'s to grab bars of the 2012's to avoid fakes.

tnjeeptj 05-10-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOpsJeep (Post 3186106)
yeah I've seen a number of the 2011's out there and none had a sn# on the grab bar. They still had one on the lot I was at when I bought mine and I don't remember seeing that either. I did look inside and although it was nice, the price wasn't. I wasn't going to pay a bunch of extra $$$ for some decals, stitching and overpriced add-ons. Anyone can buy the decals from MOPAR for about $50, slap em on with a few extras and have it look just like one for far less. As long as they come clean when selling it that it isn't really an official edition, all is good. I think MOPAR seen this coming and added the sn#'s to grab bars of the 2012's to avoid fakes.

I can verify the '11s don't have the unit number printed on the passenger grab handle. I bought mine used from Carmax and got a hell of a deal because they priced it as a base JKU, but I'd have to agree that for what Jeep added it definitely wasn't worth the original sticker price. There's nothing in my owner's documentation to indicate it's anything other than a Rubicon. As far as I can tell here are the differences from a regular Rubicon; no Rubicon hood badge, L and R side Black Ops stickers, rear passenger side white star sticker(opposite gas fill cap), dark Rubicon rims, black gas cap cover and black tail light guards.

cnhmatthews 05-10-2013 06:47 AM

Doesn't the COD also have something different on the door mirrors (decal)? I seem to recall they have some sort of quote from the game or something on the mirror glass (unless that's just the 2012 I saw).

iNtErNeT_rYaN 05-10-2013 08:21 AM

The Package Code for a 2011 Rubicon was the same as Rubicon 23R or 24R, so you have to dive into the sales codes. I believe it was AC6. Try plugging it in here by changing the VIN on this string:
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...BJWEG1DL596528

Quote:

Originally Posted by appleman46 (Post 3180496)
If the previous owner just added stickers the handle bar in front of the passenger seat isn't going to be the Black Ops special edition with what number your edition is.........otherwise the stickers and even the bumpers can all be bought on line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOpsJeep (Post 3178426)
It should look like this but a VIN check as mentioned above is the sure way.
Jeep : Wrangler WE FINANCE!! in Jeep | eBay Motors

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber02 (Post 3177443)
i think you can look up the build sheet with the VIN... through Jeep.com i think...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnjeeptj (Post 3740245)
I can verify the '11s don't have the unit number printed on the passenger grab handle. I bought mine used from Carmax and got a hell of a deal because they priced it as a base JKU, but I'd have to agree that for what Jeep added it definitely wasn't worth the original sticker price. There's nothing in my owner's documentation to indicate it's anything other than a Rubicon. As far as I can tell here are the differences from a regular Rubicon; no Rubicon hood badge, L and R side Black Ops stickers, rear passenger side white star sticker(opposite gas fill cap), dark Rubicon rims, black gas cap cover and black tail light guards.


tnjeeptj 05-10-2013 10:32 AM

According to this site the AC6 sales code is indeed correct. Interesting this was only a $700.00 package on top of the Rubicon base price. So far I've not been able to find any codes listed on my Jeep to indicate that it came from the factory with the items listed below. It would be quite easy to slap a couple Black Op decals on the side, but to add all of these items just to pass it off as an OEM Black Ops would not be worth anyone's time, effort or cost. It would probably be better to take the Black Ops stickers off and slap on Rubicon hood decals instead.

AC6 Call Of Duty Group $700.00
17" x 7.5" mineral gray painted aluminum wheels
Call of Duty black badging
black fuel filler door
black tail lamp guards
matte black hood decal

legitposter 05-10-2013 11:55 AM

Don't buy it. I wouldn't be seen in anything less than Black Ops 2.

tnjeeptj 05-10-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3741331)
Don't buy it. I wouldn't be seen in anything less than Black Ops 2.

LOL! It all depends on what the price you can get it at.

dellisabct22 05-13-2013 12:05 PM

I have a 2011stock COD wrangler unlimited for sale if anyone is interested. 32k miles


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.