Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Best entry guard? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/best-entry-guard-209993.html)

00TJSport 01-06-2013 04:12 PM

Best entry guard?
 
Buying new entry guards. Which, if any are better than others? Plastic or black powdercoat? Going on my patriot blue TJ.
Thanks in advance.

polishdevil 01-06-2013 04:53 PM

Interested as well. My YJ came with cheap stick on ones.

the Kolector 01-06-2013 05:01 PM

I am looking at the Rugged Ridge guards for my JK, they are still stick on, but are metal instead of plastic. I don't know that theres "one better than the other" for this one, more of a personal preference between stainless, flat black plastic or shine black metal. Just my .02

00TJSport 01-06-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Kolector (Post 3190885)
I am looking at the Rugged Ridge guards for my JK, they are still stick on, but are metal instead of plastic. I don't know that theres "one better than the other" for this one, more of a personal preference between stainless, flat black plastic or shine black metal. Just my .02

I think I'm going with these.
Rugged Ridge Black Entry Guards Pair (97-06 Wrangler TJ) 7686 - Free Shipping over $75!

the Kolector 01-06-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00TJSport (Post 3190898)

Essentially the same ones I have been eyeing. I say go for it.

ScubaSigGuy 01-06-2013 05:14 PM

I've used the plastic Mopar sill guards on three Jeeps, and i was very happy with them. I just bought some for my new JK, that will go on as soon as mods are complete. I opened the box to make sure that they haven't cheapened the Mopar version since I bought them last, and they are the same heavy ABS.


Since these are attached by adhesive as well, I have to say that I like the idea of a slightly flexible softer plastic better than metal when the edges of the guards may contact the sill just a bit. Just my .02.

00TJSport 01-06-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSigGuy (Post 3190920)
I've used the plastic Mopar sill guards on three Jeeps, and i was very happy with them. I just bought some for my new JK, that will go on as soon as mods are complete. I opened the box to make sure that they haven't cheapened the Mopar version since I bought them last, and they are the same heavy ABS.


Since these are attached by adhesive as well, I have to say that I like the idea of a slightly flexible softer plastic better than metal when the edges of the guards may contact the sill just a bit. Just my .02.

Ya know, that's a very good .02. I'd hate to see the paint rubbed off the sill from rubbing a bit. Especially here in upstate NY.....rust!
Thanks

jdambm 01-06-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSigGuy (Post 3190920)
I've used the plastic Mopar sill guards on three Jeeps, and i was very happy with them. I just bought some for my new JK, that will go on as soon as mods are complete. I opened the box to make sure that they haven't cheapened the Mopar version since I bought them last, and they are the same heavy ABS.


Since these are attached by adhesive as well, I have to say that I like the idea of a slightly flexible softer plastic better than metal when the edges of the guards may contact the sill just a bit. Just my .02.

Where is the best to place to get them from?:hide:

ScubaSigGuy 01-07-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdambm (Post 3191152)
Where is the best to place to get them from?:hide:



I bought mine on Amazon.

farmerokbag 01-07-2013 03:23 AM

i know,that's a very good .02. I'd hate to see the paint rubbed off the sill from rubbing a bit.thankshttp://www.oksky.us/imiss/images/1.gif

flyboy3107 01-07-2013 07:53 AM

Sill guards
 
1 Attachment(s)
I purchased mine on e-bay, and I believe they are the ones from Mopar. They are heavy duty plastic, they say Jeep on them and they have a diamond plate design to them. They also cover a good portion of the sill.Attachment 195330

00TJSport 01-07-2013 03:15 PM

Ordered mine last night from Extreme Terrain. AND I also ordered a set of headlight guards. My other half stopped me from ordering anything else. :nonono:

JeepandMud 01-07-2013 03:39 PM

I have the Bestop entry guards on my '00. They got put on with the 3M adhesive and I've never had any issues with them since. You can't see them when the door is closed, and the help with scruff marks :).

Lithium Lotus 01-07-2013 03:42 PM

Plastic doesn't rust. It may break but won't rust. I also have the Mopar ones :)

JeepandMud 01-07-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lithium Lotus
Plastic doesn't rust. It may break but won't rust. I also have the Mopar ones :)

Haven't had mine break yet after 12 years :thumb:

lee indy 01-07-2013 10:40 PM

Spray on Bedliner is the best


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.