Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

BL & MML last minute tips.

3K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  MosesTJ 
#1 ·
Putting on a 1.25" zone BL and 1" MML in about two hours. So who has some tricks of the trade before I start lifting one aide of the tub?

#30 ·
BLK00TJ said:
It's really not that bad. You just have to have patience, especially with the MML. I cursed a lot for that one, but felt dumb when I was finished because of stupid mistakes.

My stumbling block was that I couldn't keep the mount and the spacer together during the install. I immediately thought to myself that I should go in the house and tape them together with painters tape. 2 hours later from my own stubbornness I finally got it in withhout the spacer sliding off. That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.:facepalm:

The body lift took me about 2 hours and most of that was messing with the fan shroud since I did it separate from the MML. I snapped 2 of the four bolts and ended up ziptie-ing where the bolts were missing. It's still like that 3 years later.
I did the full mount replacement instead of the spacer. I'm not sure which is harder.

#31 ·
I'm done for the night. After showering and going out to dinner don't feel like being greasy again. Begin at 10 tomorrow. Here a pic

Attachments

#32 ·
Spent 2 hours on the last bolt. Literally last one and I'm done. The hole lines up perfectly, and the bolt begins to go in, but after it tightens up it just breaks loose again and spins. At a completely loss. We tried loosening everything else up and retightening, lifting it up and setting it back, but the bolt refuses to go in past a point. At a loss.

#33 ·
CarolinaBound said:
Spent 2 hours on the last bolt. Literally last one and I'm done. The hole lines up perfectly, and the bolt begins to go in, but after it tightens up it just breaks loose again and spins. At a completely loss. We tried loosening everything else up and retightening, lifting it up and setting it back, but the bolt refuses to go in past a point. At a loss.
Which bolt? To the body or the one through the mount itself?

#34 ·
My bad didn't specify. On top, goes through the mount and spacer and the bracket on the frame. Not the cross member.

#36 ·
Nope, Big ol' block of steel. The bastard is teasing me, bites harder and breaks loose

#38 ·
Yep it was a bitch but its all finished up. A second time through knowing what I need to do definitely would be a breeze. I'll try to get some pics

#40 ·
I would think it would be. One less piece to line up. After it was all set down though everything wound up nice and snug. If I had to do it over again I would rent or borrow and air gun and get some metal rod to line up the mounts before lowering it so it would be lined up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.