Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   superstition #15 event 1/19-1/20 anyone else going (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/superstition-15-event-1-19-1-20-anyone-else-going-210726.html)

bullcrew 01-09-2013 03:50 PM

superstition #15 event 1/19-1/20 anyone else going

Checking in to see who else might be going Jared at orw called me and said he was in so I figured I'll go and bring my 5yr old and his motorcycle as well... boys weekend wheeling and camping...

Anyone done this run before, there's 10 trails apparently 2 are rated 4 and the last 3 are rated 4+ and are supposed to be good...body damage likely.

Here's a link to the info. I'll be pulling in late Friday night and tent camping....
(Don't know the area so don't know where I'll be squatting if anyone has suggestions that's cool.:thumbsup:

15th Annual Superstition Mountain Run | San Diego 4 Wheelers

I've not done superstition before I've then my old race trucks out to power line and ran them but not wheeled so I'm curious to see....
I can't tell you much about the area or trails I've seen the stickers on a few jeeps of the organizers and I know its in the middle of the desert....so sorry if its not much help the link and anyone else with info would be appreciated...

WOKNROX 01-09-2013 04:05 PM

Yes...as of this writing I (my wife & 8year old son) well be going ...we have some scheduling issues to work out but we're registered and looking forward to going ....I have not attended this event before but have done some wheelin in the area ....u will not be dissatisfied with what the area has to offer...

bullcrew 01-09-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3205467)
Yes...as of this writing I (my wife & 8year old son) well be going ...we have some scheduling issues to work out but we're registered and looking forward to going ....I have not attended this event before but have done some wheelin in the area ....u will not be dissatisfied with what the area has to offer...

That's good to hear I did another run and it wasn't my cup of tea..(too much flat land, taking pics of the rides and talking WAY too much with tons of stopping.). I prefer rocks, lockers and just do it type stuff....exploring and letting my kid ride his motorcycle will be top priority for him as well...:thumb:

Just want to have fun and hang out.....

WOKNROX 01-09-2013 04:17 PM

Its a great little area has with lots to offer....not to many people go there or they just don't talk about it ....I guess to keep it on the down low...ha ha

WOKNROX 01-09-2013 04:35 PM

Have u already registered?
If u haven't I have an extra free registration for u if u want it? PM me ur address &his I'll mail it to u...
I think it includes a dinner...

hwy1rubi 01-09-2013 05:07 PM

Planning on checking out Superstition Mountains over the Presidents holiday 2/16 to 2/18. I'll look for information and pics from this trip.

Jerry Bransford 01-09-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3205605)
Have u already registered?
If u haven't I have an extra free registration for u if u want it? PM me ur address &his I'll mail it to u...
I think it includes a dinner...

If that's not taken, I'll take it! :dance:

There are some great trails out there, my favorites being Knock on Wood & Broken Arrow... may try Wishbone, I don't remember that trail from previous years.

WOKNROX 01-10-2013 11:13 AM

Sorry Jerry I know u really wanted to go but Bullcrew got ahold of me last night so he's going to the"Superstition Mtn run" on me this year...
Maybe I can hook u up for ODF held down ur way or FITD held in Jv later this year...hopefully they won't be on the same weekend this year like last year ....lol

bullcrew 01-10-2013 12:56 PM

Thanks I appreciate it and so will my youngest as I'll take any savings and throw them at his pw50 mods lol....

Can't wait anyone have pics of the stuff there?

hwy1rubi 01-10-2013 02:15 PM

Found a couple videos:

Part 1
Superstition 11-2008 - YouTube

Part 2
Superstition Mountain Jeep Run 2 of 2 - YouTube

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXjMoL0oL2A

Jerry Bransford 01-10-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3209297)
Sorry Jerry I know u really wanted to go but Bullcrew got ahold of me last night so he's going to the"Superstition Mtn run" on me this year...
Maybe I can hook u up for ODF held down ur way or FITD held in Jv later this year...hopefully they won't be on the same weekend this year like last year ....lol

Those offers are much appreciated, though my club (Geared 4Fun) sponsors ODF & I both work it & pay my way as a donation to the disabled vets the event is for. FITD? I enjoy JV & will be there running a checkpoint for KOH again next month but I don't know what FITD is.

WOKNROX 01-10-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 3211033)
Those offers are much appreciated, though my club (Geared 4Fun) sponsors ODF & I both work it & pay my way as a donation to the disabled vets the event is for. FITD? I enjoy JV & will be there running a checkpoint for KOH again next month but I don't know what FITD is.

"Fun In The Desert" is also known as "Roctober Fest"...it's put on by my club (Victory Valley 4 Wheelers) ...the club that built the Hammers trails in Johnson Valley..
Its a big event with a big raffle and all the raised money going the "Save Johnson Valley foundation"

bullcrew 01-10-2013 07:28 PM

OK finally got a chance to watch videos. Definently looking forward to going....

Thanks

Jerry Bransford 01-10-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3211187)
"Fun In The Desert" is also known as "Roctober Fest"...it's put on by my club (Victory Valley 4 Wheelers) ...the club that built the Hammers trails in Johnson Valley..
Its a big event with a big raffle and all the raised money going the "Save Johnson Valley foundation"

Oh yeah I remember now & that sounds good, it's been a while since I did any of the trails out there.

At least the latest news on the USMC vs. JV is encouraging. :dance:

WOKNROX 01-10-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 3211814)
Oh yeah I remember now & that sounds good, it's been a while since I did any of the trails out there.

At least the latest news on the USMC vs. JV is encouraging. :dance:

Yes ...it is very encouraging ..there's more to come on that but its looking like because of the governments financial position they might just exercise there right to retract the expansion proposal and wait till either ...things heat up again or maybe different government influences and or a better financial position to proceed with the expansion some time down the road...

O and sense I'll never have time to tell u...regarding 2013 HDR ...it'll be held at Anderson Dry Lake again this year..BLM said in order to move it back to Stoddard Wells all trails need to GPS (start to finish) on the venue before filling for the permit. So in the next few weeks some of us (ur welcome to come along ) r going to go run the trails (O darn) and get them officially marked so for 2014 we can move it back....that'll be sweet!
So the permit is filed and it's looking like ...fingers r crossed we have have a club to chair the event....:dance:

bullcrew 01-10-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3212645)
Yes ...it is very encouraging ..there's more to come on that but its looking like because of the governments financial position they might just exercise there right to retract the expansion proposal and wait till either ...things heat up again or maybe different government influences and or a better financial position to proceed with the expansion some time down the road...

O and sense I'll never have time to tell u...regarding 2013 HDR ...it'll be held at Anderson Dry Lake again this year..BLM said in order to move it back to Stoddard Wells all trails need to GPS (start to finish) on the venue before filling for the permit. So in the next few weeks some of us (ur welcome to come along ) r going to go run the trails (O darn) and get them officially marked so for 2014 we can move it back....that'll be sweet!
So the permit is filed and it's looking like ...fingers r crossed we have have a club to chair the event....:dance:

If you need help gpsn trails let me know I've got a couple garmins recently and looking to expand my map...:thumb:

WOKNROX 01-14-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullcrew (Post 3209886)
Thanks I appreciate it and so will my youngest as I'll take any savings and throw them at his pw50 mods lol....

Can't wait anyone have pics of the stuff there?

Sweet...I remember when my little guy was ridin a pw-50 ...he's about ready to step up to a KTM 65 from his KTM jr50 pro....when ur boy is ready ...let me know ..ill make u a sweet deal on it!

O yeah ...check ur mailbox ...it should be there today ...hope u have a good time...

bullcrew 01-14-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3227501)
Sweet...I remember when my little guy was ridin a pw-50 ...he's about ready to step up to a KTM 65 from his KTM jr50 pro....when ur boy is ready ...let me know ..ill make u a sweet deal on it!

O yeah ...check ur mailbox ...it should be there today ...hope u have a good time...

I will.... I just got the aid kit mounted Saturday and welding brackets for the rotax cans on back tomorrow am....
I pmd you about the ktm....:thumb:

WOKNROX 01-14-2013 05:47 PM

Hey...right on!
That # I have for u...can u receive text messages on that?
I'll shoot u some pics and info....I'm not really looking to sell before his Birthday in June but can if need be. Just means he gets a new 65 sooner....I think he'd be bummed ...lol

bullcrew 01-14-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 3228450)
Hey...right on!
That # I have for u...can u receive text messages on that?
I'll shoot u some pics and info....I'm not really looking to sell before his Birthday in June but can if need be. Just means he gets a new 65 sooner....I think he'd be bummed ...lol

Yeah I can get text...June is good lol kai needs a smidge seat time then I want him to race...figure he 5 is a good age to start mx...

Got the certificate thanks and look forward to meeting you.....I'll be rolling in Friday evening and out Sunday afternoon...

bullcrew 01-16-2013 10:28 PM

Supposed to be 75 degrees this weekend tops off and bikini top/toneau is on...
Pulling camping gear tonight and loading up tomorrow...