Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Do stickers really add Horsepower??? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/do-stickers-really-add-horsepower-211.html)

joe_and_jeep 06-16-2005 10:12 PM

Do stickers really add Horsepower???

A friend told me if I add "performance" stickers to my Jeep that it will boost my HP. I thought it was odd but oh well. So I put a Summit Racing sticker on my rear window. No improvement, so I added a FlowMaster and Borla sticker to my rear window. Maybe, but I couldn't tell. Am I doing something wrong? My neons and my shift light and strobes I think added gas mileage so why aren't my stickers? To date I have, Summit, FlowMaster, Borla, K&N, Bondo, GReddy, PaceSetter, 4WD, Gibson, Fear This, Chevy Bow Tie, Ford Oval, Japanese symbol for Honda. I am running out of window space. What am I doing wrong???!!!??? I am gonna get some neon window washer squirters and a light up shift nob to see if that helps.

Thanx in advance, and werd, peace...

Almost forgot, anyone ever put on a 5 in Chrome exhaust tip? I am wondering if it will rub when I am doing hardcore stuff.

JeepnTX 06-17-2005 12:19 AM

good thing your joking...

Ed in North Ga. 06-17-2005 05:21 AM

it really depends on the stickers co-efficet for drag over slipperyness-- if its coated with gloss, the vehicle will stream faster through air....put enough stickers on...you`ll go faster! :D

wax works better.

I prefer the long stickers--mounted horizonal on the right side, but verticle on the left...I go around the world to the left, and the drag caused by the left side stikers helps me in the turns....saves in tire wear too! :D

Tdad 06-17-2005 06:35 AM

the problem is clearly WHICH stickers you have on there! From your list, I see you have 4 different exhaust manufacturers stickers. They are effectively "cancelling" each other out.
Also, stickers applied to painted surfaces have more power than those applied to glass. I think it has to do with demonstrating more of a "commitment" by the owner (harder to get them off paint), but I'm not 100% sure.
:D :D

khenderson 06-17-2005 02:11 PM

and i think your jeep is hurt by the fact that you have chevy, ford, and honda stickers on it. so if anything, it's gonna put less power out just out of spite.

joe_and_jeep 06-17-2005 03:51 PM

Ok, so I just pulled off 3 exhaust stickers. I just have the FlowMaster sticker now. Also, I used a heat gun so not to damage the stickers when I pulled them. This way I can put them on my garden tractor. It bogs in high grass so I think they will help. I put the stickers from the windows to the painted surface. No HP gain, just gas mileage. I am gonna further investigate this.

Anyone ever put on a 23 inch wing? I am thinking it will help my hill climbing ability off-road.

Ed in North Ga. 06-17-2005 05:15 PM

a 23 incher?...naaaa, go with a 40 with turndown sides...make it adjustable from inside the cab- that way, as you run down the road you can make the car "lighter" or "heavier"....heavy for turns, light for straightaways....and real light for hillclimbs.

adding LEDs to the leading top edge will heat the air before it comes across the wing, leaveing the cooler ,denser air underneath for extra lift.

and dont forget to add 2 stickers to each side! cant have any drag on the sides, or its fubar...it just wont work!

1BLKJP 06-17-2005 10:06 PM

Come on, everyone knows that you have to use racing blinker fluid to get any real power out of your jeep.

Ed in North Ga. 06-17-2005 10:13 PM

I use lightweight air in the tires myself- through a hepa filter first of corse.

I wonder...if I took a few of those 8in parabolic fog lights, hollowed it out-took the glass off- and put a hose on the back...and ran it up to the air filter...HA! foglight supercharger!

I`m gonna go hammer that sucker hollow right now! I got spare water hose in the backyard! its bound to produce
+25HP...or more!!

then i`ll figure out where to put one of those tornado things so the air will "twist"...shoot, theres another 20HP there!

Just wait till the decals get put on theses parts! were talkin a 500hp raceing machine!

1BLKJP 06-17-2005 11:01 PM

You know what? I just put a NOS sticker on my Rig. Went out and test drove it and JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Can you say 150 in your TJ.

Ed in North Ga. 06-18-2005 01:17 PM

thats good for you..but out here in the east-we only get around 75hp gains with that sticker....higher humidity and all.

legacy 08-24-2005 01:28 PM

omg......................i can't even comment, this is hilarious

Triple88a 11-26-2007 04:34 PM

"NOS" sticker.. 5hp... :)

1BLKJP 11-26-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple88a (Post 162601)
"NOS" sticker.. 5hp... :)

Did you just really resurrect another thread from 2005? :D I guess I should just be glad people use the search function. :D

lost 11-26-2007 04:41 PM

sometimes

Triple88a 11-26-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 162605)
Did you just really resurrect another thread from 2005? :D I guess I should just be glad people use the search function. :D

hehe i'm looking for the thread for the air filter reviews,.. there was a thread a while ago that had a link to the K&N air filter, filtering tests vs stocks or others as far as removing dirt from air...

I saw that this thread, how can you pass something like this up? lol

Dare2BSquare 11-26-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 162605)

A lot of us weren't around in 2005. So, thanks for reviving it. Funny stuff.

If you let all your crevaces fill up with mud it makes the jeep more aerodynamic.

tiny terror 11-26-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 162642)
If you let all your crevaces fill up with mud it makes the jeep more aerodynamic.

Crevaces should be kept clean. Didn't they teach you that in health class?

Dare2BSquare 11-26-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 162658)

Well, NO. I grew up in Alabama!

Triple88a 11-26-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 162642)

a sharp cone 6 ft back that meets into a point at the end :D

Quote:

hey there tiny, welcome back :p

sgnellett 11-26-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_and_jeep (Post 1275)
Ok, so I just pulled off 3 exhaust stickers. I just have the FlowMaster sticker now. Also, I used a heat gun so not to damage the stickers when I pulled them. This way I can put them on my garden tractor. It bogs in high grass so I think they will help. I put the stickers from the windows to the painted surface. No HP gain, just gas mileage. I am gonna further investigate this.

Anyone ever put on a 23 inch wing? I am thinking it will help my hill climbing ability off-road.

There was one around here w/ that wing, don't do it, I just got off probation for bi7c4 slappin the crap outta that clown with the wing after ripping it off his top! And I got lucky they never caught me for what I did the last time I saw a 5" chrome exhaust tip on a Jeep, lets just say that guy wasn't sitting right for a long time! :flipoff:

sgnellett 11-26-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

OMFG!!! I just don't even know which comment to make here when I get done pissing my pants laughing!

:rofl:

vin211 11-26-2007 08:28 PM

here's a quick fix

How about those stickers that are like bullet holes? It may not make your rig go faster but what the hell more air getting into the engine somehow. Or perhaps one of those stickers that looks like a giant scratch. That cheeses a lot of people off because the sticker residue leaves a film on the paint.

Triple88a 11-26-2007 11:36 PM

How about one of those taped on the roll cage?
http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant...250/aad866.gif

ruffnrdy 11-27-2007 12:41 AM

which sticker will take the lifter knock out of a 258??

White93ARB 11-27-2007 01:15 AM

I just got some ceramic muffler bearings, and I love em! http://www.kalecoauto.com/ This place is the hookup on all kinds of stuff. It's where I always get my blinker fluid. They just got adjustable powerbands, I wanna get one!

ruffnrdy 11-27-2007 01:35 AM

love the kaleauto.gonna try the oil bypass kit for the lifter knock.thanks i dont know what i would do without you guys!!

White93ARB 11-27-2007 01:38 AM

Theres a lot of funny stuff on KaleCoAuto

Dare2BSquare 11-27-2007 07:50 AM

I think I need some of those wiper blade sharpeners.

02Prove 11-27-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 162920)
I think I need some of those wiper blade sharpeners.

They're awesome...