Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/)
-   -   Looking for active Jeep Clubs around Richmond (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/looking-for-active-jeep-clubs-around-richmond-211337.html)

fluf97zj 01-12-2013 12:39 PM

Looking for active Jeep Clubs around Richmond
 
Are there any active, family oriented Jeep clubs around Richmond? My family enjoys the Jeeps but we only get to go off-roading VERY rarely. Both are very mild Jeeps and we are just looking for a laid back group that does an occasional local/mountain off-road or beach run.

Thanks in advance!

silver rubi 01-12-2013 02:02 PM

There are a bunch of Jeepers in Richmond...not necessarily a bunch of clubs... A few though...
I'm in Midlothian...

KG_Strummer 01-12-2013 07:15 PM

I'm up in KG county, but am always up for a family-friendly run to Shenandoah or out to the beach. Once the weather breaks, we'll be packing up the kids for camping trips, etc.

Turbostixxx 01-17-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_Strummer (Post 3220736)
I'm up in KG county, but am always up for a family-friendly run to Shenandoah or out to the beach. Once the weather breaks, we'll be packing up the kids for camping trips, etc.

KG let me know about camping trips, I'll pack up the wife and kid, and roll out too

LJ4Moose 01-17-2013 06:51 AM

RVA Rock Crawlers is in RIchmond...We are a very family friendly group with several events in the planning stages...

http://www.meetup.com/RVA-Rock-Crawlers/

Va Krawlers is based in Fredericksburg but there are several members in the Richmond area...

Virginia Krawlers Forums - Powered by vBulletin

silver rubi 01-17-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbostixxx (Post 3239339)

KG let me know about camping trips, I'll pack up the wife and kid, and roll out too

Let me know... I'll pack up....... Ummmm....... Me...

KG_Strummer 01-17-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver rubi (Post 3241699)
Let me know... I'll pack up....... Ummmm....... Me...

Yeah, guys, not a problem. Turbostixxx, was hoping you'd come out this weekend and see the decals you made :)

Turbostixxx 01-17-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG_Strummer (Post 3242591)

Yeah, guys, not a problem. Turbostixxx, was hoping you'd come out this weekend and see the decals you made :)

Out to flag pole? Can't this one, but probably the next one, but still don't have tires that are that great :( just remind them who to call :thumb:

fluf97zj 02-03-2013 11:04 PM

Thanks LJMoose. I think I registered on meetups site.

fluf97zj 02-09-2013 09:37 AM

Looking forward to RVA Rock-Crawlers events......!

DTM1987 02-10-2013 05:43 PM

RVA jeep guy here new to the scene. Anyone know of easy dirt paths we could all meet up and run together? I'm bone stock.

Turbostixxx 02-10-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM1987 (Post 3349034)
RVA jeep guy here new to the scene. Anyone know of easy dirt paths we could all meet up and run together? I'm bone stock.

Silver rubi and i go down to 288 and 60 all the time

DTM1987 02-10-2013 05:59 PM

What paths are out there? I work right around the corner from there. Would you guys be up for a little trip next weekend?

Turbostixxx 02-10-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM1987 (Post 3349113)
What paths are out there? I work right around the corner from there. Would you guys be up for a little trip next weekend?

I possibly would next Saturday evening or night, i have to work during the day, there is a little trail down behind bon secours across from Westchester

DTM1987 02-10-2013 06:11 PM

Cool, I'll message you my number.

silver rubi 02-11-2013 01:16 AM

DTM... PM headed your way...

Reaper2332 02-11-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM1987 (Post 3349034)
RVA jeep guy here new to the scene. Anyone know of easy dirt paths we could all meet up and run together? I'm bone stock.

Hey DTM, you can go on pretty much any off the rides in VA. I'm bone stock and haven't ran into any issues yet.flagpole is probabley the most challenging though. If kg_strummer is heading out to flagpole this weekend you should tag along. It is a lot of fun!

Turbostixxx 02-11-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3351165)

Hey DTM, you can go on pretty much any off the rides in VA. I'm bone stock and haven't ran into any issues yet.flagpole is probabley the most challenging though. If kg_strummer is heading out to flagpole this weekend you should tag along. It is a lot of fun!

What day are you heading up there KG?

Turbostixxx 02-11-2013 09:46 AM

I am doing a flagpole run on march 3rd a (sunday) i am running stock 235/75/15s NOT ATs with a 2.5" lift. I'm told i won't have a problem at flagpole

DTM1987 02-11-2013 01:26 PM

Where is flagpole exactly? I might be up for joining the trip!

Turbostixxx 02-11-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM1987 (Post 3352652)
Where is flagpole exactly? I might be up for joining the trip!

Flagpole is in Harrisonburg

DTM1987 02-11-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbostixxx

Flagpole is in Harrisonburg

Awesome. That's not too far.

Reaper2332 02-11-2013 02:39 PM

Hey Turbo if you wait until the 9th of March a few of us are heading out to flagpole then.

Reaper2332 02-12-2013 09:22 PM

Here is a video of me doing a couple things at flagpole if you want to see the hardest it has to offer.

Flagpole Knob (George Washington National Forest) - YouTube

Hey Turbo, you want to go with us on the 9th of March instead? Also anyone that wants to come on March 9th let me know. It will be an early start probably meet in nova around 730ish so we can be on the trail by 945 - 10ish.

Turbostixxx 02-13-2013 02:26 AM

Better be a way around that 2nd set of big rocks in the video..or well my tj won't make it lol

March 9th I am actually un able to go

Reaper2332 02-13-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbostixxx (Post 3361711)
Better be a way around that 2nd set of big rocks in the video..or well my tj won't make it lol

March 9th I am actually un able to go

The trail actually runs beside that big rock. I was just trying to put my JK to the full test stock..... which I still haven't done.

Turbostixxx 02-13-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper2332 (Post 3361984)

The trail actually runs beside that big rock. I was just trying to put my JK to the full test stock..... which I still haven't done.

Haha, I'm still running stock street tires, but i do have 2.5 inches of lift

Reaper2332 02-14-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbostixxx (Post 3362698)

Haha, I'm still running stock street tires, but i do have 2.5 inches of lift

You shouldn't have any problem going off that big rock. You just need a couple GOOD spotters

Turbostixxx 02-14-2013 08:54 PM

Well i think I'll have fun either way lol

Sgt.JLAbbott 03-23-2014 04:12 PM

I know this thread has bee dead for awhile, but where on 288 and 60 are you going? Is it legal?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.