Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Pics Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f362/)
-   -   rollbar/poser pictures (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f362/rollbar-poser-pictures-21143.html)

Warpman89 09-02-2008 06:44 PM

rollbar/poser pictures
 
I hope this works. Im new to photobucket.
If it does, here are some poser pics and my remodeled rollbar

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...9/P8240005.jpg
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...9/P8240009.jpg
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...9/P8240013.jpg

Warpman89 09-02-2008 06:50 PM

how does the rollbar look? i like the cj style better than tj style

nicolas-eric 09-02-2008 07:06 PM

IMO it look sgood, bit it seems to be too thin material to protect you when you roll over. and the passengers on the rear seat arenīt protected.

if you install a lift and bigger tires in the future you could get rid of the rear seat and install a full size spare tire on a cross member on the new rear roll bar. or you could install the radiator there to protect it against mud and water.

4Jeepn 09-02-2008 07:44 PM

Not crazy about the square tube, would have liked it more if it was matched to the center hoop, like the CJ. But its your jeep as long as you are happy then its fine.

Scout 09-02-2008 07:49 PM

How is it tied into the main hoop and the tub? Also, I have to agree with the above posts. It may look really good, which it does, I just have to wonder just how functional it will be when you actually need it.

JeepersdoitDeeper 09-02-2008 08:23 PM

I fir ine would have gone with round in a matching diameter. I would like to see a closer pic to see how it is attached for function and safety. What metal did you use? What size?

Warpman89 09-02-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 260628)
How is it tied into the main hoop and the tub? Also, I have to agree with the above posts. It may look really good, which it does, I just have to wonder just how functional it will be when you actually need it.

Welded, i found some washers that were the same diameter as the original hoop. i welded on the washers first to give me a flat surface for the bars

i pray i will never need it, but i also have a cj2a without a rollbar and have yet to put it on its top:punk:

Scout 09-02-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warpman89 (Post 260653)
Welded, i found some washers that were the same diameter as the original hoop. i welded on the washers first to give me a flat surface for the bars

i pray i will never need it, but i also have a cj2a without a rollbar and have yet to put it on its top:punk:

I hope you never have to try it out either.

I'm not trying to bust your chops here as I'm more concerned than anything but...what you're telling me just doesn't sound all that safe. I'm certainly not a welder but it has been my understanding that welding on top of another weld (the washers) only weakens the weld. Yes? No? Also, how is the rear of the cage attached to the tub?

yjwrangler 09-03-2008 04:33 AM

DOM tubing!!! come on everyone, its not that expensive, a weld is usually a week link so stacking them kinda seems like trouble (not bashing your cage, your individualism makes your jeep that much better). i'd cut it out and put in some tubing a little lower on the upper hoop, like on a yj or cj cage, right on the upper bend. thats just me. you gotta notch the tubing, cope it i mean.

MR.CLIFFORD 09-03-2008 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yjwrangler (Post 260868)
a weld is usually a week link so stacking them kinda seems like trouble


You're not a welder are you? If the weld is "usually a weak link" then you need a new welder. As in, the person welding and not the machine. :wavey:

silvergoat 09-03-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yjwrangler (Post 260868)
a weld is usually a week link so stacking them kinda seems like trouble

Wow 20+ years of welding and never heard this before. I prefer perfirated welds, you know like toilet paper perfirations. The paper never tears on the perfirations so if it works on TP its gotta work on metal.

Warpman89 09-03-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 260884)
You're not a welder are you? If the weld is "usually a weak link" then you need a new welder. As in, the person welding and not the machine. :wavey:

Yes, I am a welder and i am surprised how many people are concerned for my safety, its flattering. However, I have complete faith in my welds and if by chance I do end up upside down and crushed, then it must be my time to go

BTW, the bottoms of the bars are welded onto 3/8" plate steel and bolted on at the factory rear hoop bolt holes.

MR.CLIFFORD 09-03-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warpman89 (Post 261001)
Yes, I am a welder and i am surprised how many people are concerned for my safety, its flattering. However, I have complete faith in my welds and if by chance I do end up upside down and crushed, then it must be my time to go

BTW, the bottoms of the bars are welded onto 3/8" plate steel and bolted on at the factory rear hoop bolt holes.

you see up there where I quoted yjwrangler? And not you? That means I was responding to him. And not you.

silvergoat 09-03-2008 07:40 PM

Can't we all just get along?

Warpman89 09-03-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 261045)
you see up there where I quoted yjwrangler? And not you? That means I was responding to him. And not you.

I'm sorry, don't get your panties in a bunch

4Jeepn 09-03-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warpman89 (Post 261111)
I'm sorry, don't get your panties in a bunch

I think he wears thongs.

Scout 09-03-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 261113)
I think he wears thongs.

Backwards. :eek:

Bebout 09-04-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 261171)
Backwards. :eek:

ouch that's gotta hurt:D

JeepCommandoja 09-04-2008 03:35 AM

you need to remove the backseat permanentally that would make it look better and get some round bars and weld those on there instead of that square one.

silvergoat 09-04-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 261113)
I think he wears thongs.

Would'nt that be a bananna hammock?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.