Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   CJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f298/)
-   -   Thought I'd share this with the CJ folks... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f298/thought-id-share-this-with-the-cj-folks-211455.html)

cornfedksboy 01-12-2013 08:46 PM

Thought I'd share this with the CJ folks...

I posted this in the JK section as well....

I've been looking to buy a Wrangler since 2000. Three cars, a wife and two kids later I bought an Unlimited Moab! Lovin everything about it except that it's freakin cold in Kansas right now and I can't take the top off. I got it in white with the matching white top and it looks fantastic. I'd throw a pic up, but it looks exactly like the press release photos that Jeep put out in October...everything except the great backdrop.

I always thought I'd be the 2 door Rubicon guy, but I got the Moab Unlimited because I've got the two boys in car seats, and when I do outdoor adventure, I tend to do it with the family. When I got down to brass tacks the lockers and off road upgrades seemed like they might be a waste versus what I'll be using for. This will be a DD and I'm kinda diggin the overland/expedition idea for family vaca. I think the Moab will do us well on our summer trips to Colorado and Arkansas. There's a couple of places to go wheelin near by, so I will check that out before I get too much into the mods.

Anyways, good to be a wrangler owner and I even got a proper welcome driving the Moab home from the dealer. I pulled up to a red light in my freshly washed mall crawler with 12 miles on it when across the way the iconic headlights and slotted grill of a CJ were staring back at me over a rusty custom bumper and Warn winch. I couldn't make out the color of the jeep, but there were (or had once been) custom flames on that rounded hood. Beyond that was a windshield which had recently been cleaned with a rag, strategically, for key visibility. The rest of the vehicle was covered, steel wheel to vinyl top, in good ol Kansas dirt. I was feelin rather sissy and slightly embarrassed to be across from this Jeeper in my rig, when surprisingly, he smiled and waved. There was a notable contrast between the buttoned down vinyl top and plastic windows of the CJ and my power everything, special edition, but there was a kinship none-the-less! I guess it's a jeep thing.

MikeK46 01-13-2013 02:00 AM

Nice story :)

Congrats on the new Jeep :thumb:

jrussblues 01-13-2013 08:50 AM

Jeepers are jeepers and always wave. The ones that are not...don't. Congrats on the moab, they are very nice.

aelwero 01-13-2013 10:29 PM

He could very easily have been a fellow JK owner ;)

rockyjk07 01-13-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aelwero (Post 3225567)
He could very easily have been a fellow JK owner ;)

Lol exactly what i was thinking I'm one of those got a 80 cj7 and my 07 jk :)

DeepSouthJeeper 01-15-2013 07:04 AM

Please tell me you grabbed a pic of that CJ? It sounds sweet! Lol. And cool story!

cakes567 03-18-2013 05:48 PM

Almost brings a tear to my eye :') jeepers are jeepers and we will always stick togather. I dont care if u have a old rusted out rot box or a brand new jk I'll always wave. And so should everyone elce. JEEPERS UNITE!