Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   JK General Discussion Forum (
-   -   Help - Expedition in AMAZONIA (

Afranio Freire 01-13-2013 06:49 PM

Help - Expedition in AMAZONIA
Hello, my name Afranio, I am Brazilian and I need your help. I will participate in an expedition in AMAZONIA (Transamazonica Challenge) in March 2013. The organization asks that everyone take some spare parts for their cars. The problem is I do not know what are the Wrangler parts that are more likely to give trouble or break on an expedition like this.
There the ground is a lot of mud, twigs and water.
I appreciate the information and let you guys know the covite to the amazon.
Thank you!

jkjeeper06 01-13-2013 07:00 PM

What are the specs on your rig now? I'd imagine you wouldn't want to do it with less than a decent lift and 35's or 33's at the lowest

Afranio Freire 01-13-2013 08:12 PM

Wrangler Sport 2011.
My car has modified suspension, MUD tires, HID Headlights, radio PX PY, winch, steel bumpers, washers, etc.

Smittybilt X2O-10 Comp Series Winch

MOPAR® Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door

jkjeeper06 01-13-2013 09:10 PM

Have you gusseted your axle? I'm thinking this is like a baja race thru the woods.

Rather than bring tons of parts, there is definitely some protection you need to prevent damage. Idk how hardcore this is going to be, but I'd:

Gusset my axle
Maybe truss my axle
Skid plates on evap can, engine, transmission,
Heavy duty diff covers
Raise diff, tranny, and trans case breather tubes

Parts I'd bring:
Engine oil, other fluids
Maybe axle shafts?

Keep in mind I'm thinking you are traversing places that don't even have roads and you will be bush whacking

Numbercruncher 01-13-2013 11:12 PM

Please post pics of your Wrangler. I'd love to not only see your jeep but some pics of running around Brazil. I'd love to visit Brazil one day.

Afranio Freire 01-14-2013 07:49 AM

Thanks for help!
My Jeep:

Thank you guys. If you resolve to come to Brazil, may contact me to introduce you to my friends club Wrangler. It will be a pleasure to welcome you and make some tracks here. I am in Salvador, state of Bahia. Land of Carnival, parties, fun but also hard work. Regards to all and if they have any other tips for my expedition, can post. Any information is important at this time.

Numbercruncher 01-16-2013 11:14 AM

Thanks for the links. I don't own a jeep yet so I can't offer much in the way of suggestions.

JVLemur 01-16-2013 11:21 AM

I would think shafts, a matching spare, a truss would help, you're gonna be in the rain forest, so lots of mud and water, a snorkel and traction mats? Several snatch blocks and tree saver straps.
I would love to do the transamazonia! Been to the amazon twice before and can't wait to go back! Going to brazil in 2014! Can't help much more. I have a tj so idk where the weakness of the jks are.

jkjeeper06 01-16-2013 02:09 PM

I can't tell, are those rocker guards or side steps? If they aren't rocker guards I'd definitely look into those. They are great protection as well as providing a jacking point for a Hi-lift