Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   ALL my guns are gone! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/all-my-guns-are-gone-212908.html)

Vroooom 01-17-2013 08:19 AM

ALL my guns are gone!

Wierdest thing....I was watching the presidents press conference on ending gun violence and his list of executive order and legeslative initiatives (not all of which I disagree with btw) and when he finished I got up to check on my firearms and not a ONE of them were present. ALL GONE.

Interestingly, though, the phantom criminals who pilfered my bang-sticks werent totally evil. They took my gunsafe, but left in its place a very large, lockable and fireproof tool box. In looking around further, I ws astonished to find that Glock now makes a hole punch. Springfield makes a very loud but efficient tack driver. Stoeger makes the most ineffeicient but entertaining garden tiller that I can imagine. Desert Eagle makes a model 1911 hammer-drill. The list goes on and on.

I think Im gonna make a bajillion dollars cuz Im gonna start making custom grips for these new tools that say: Craftsman, Ryobi, DeWalt, Milwakee, etc.

The right tool for the job. :rolleyes:

JDsDream 01-17-2013 08:22 AM

:rofl:

schnutzy 01-17-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdsdream
:rofl:

x2

the Kolector 01-17-2013 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You mean something kinda like this?? :rofl:

702cummins 01-17-2013 03:46 PM

Thats awesome! Will have to start looking for some grips myself.:)

whetstone 01-17-2013 03:48 PM

This seems to be happening alot lately...

doclouie 01-17-2013 04:47 PM

Too bad most of my guns were FFL transactions. They already know i have them.

cavediverjc 01-17-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doclouie
Too bad most of my guns were FFL transactions. They already know i have them.

Unless they're actually REGISTERED with the ATF (Class III items), the only ones who know of your weapons are you and the gunshop where you purchased them. Those records are kept by the gunshop. The only way the ATF or any other Feds can get those records is with a Federal court order.

The paperwork is called ATF Form 4473. You can look up everything you want to know about form 4473 online.

Carlsbad0331 01-17-2013 05:13 PM

Im not too sure that playing the "lost/stolen" card is going to be a good idea. In some jurisdictions a police report must be filed. In since so many people are considering doing this, there may be a point when search warrants will be issued and then people will have some explaining to do.
Missing weapons are a serious issue... And I personally want to draw as little attention to myself as possible.

doclouie 01-17-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 3241645)

Unless they're actually REGISTERED with the ATF (Class III items), the only ones who know of your weapons are you and the gunshop where you purchased them. Those records are kept by the gunshop. The only way the ATF or any other Feds can get those records is with a Federal court order.

The paperwork is called ATF Form 4473. You can look up everything you want to know about form 4473 online.

You are correct, but when push comes to shove I bet all FFLs will need to give that info to the feds and it will trace it to me in the end. Oh well not all my guns can be traced to me.

cavediverjc 01-17-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doclouie

You are correct, but when push comes to shove I bet all FFLs will need to give that info to the feds and it will trace it to me in the end. Oh well not all my guns can be traced to me.

Yeah I agree. Who knows what's going to happen? I used to think there were checks/balances built into the system to keep things realistic, but I'm having my doubts right now. I love my country, but I'm not very proud of it at the moment.

G54 01-17-2013 06:44 PM

I just sold all mine at the gun show. No more guns in my house anymore. Nope. Sold em all. Ammo too. And holsters. Yep. Aaaall gone. Gonna use the money to buy a few Dobermans.

doclouie 01-17-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 3242061)

Yeah I agree. Who knows what's going to happen? I used to think there were checks/balances built into the system to keep things realistic, but I'm having my doubts right now. I love my country, but I'm not very proud of it at the moment.

I am right with you. Proud to be an American, but not as proud as I once was. I hope things will change for the better.

cavediverjc 01-17-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gus54
I just sold all mine at the gun show. No more guns in my house anymore. Nope. Sold em all. Ammo too. And holsters. Yep. Aaaall gone. Gonna use the money to buy a few Dobermans.

Gus, you don't need dobermans. It's alright now. The lawmakers have made us safe! Rejoice in our Utopia! In a single generation, all of our prisons will be empty!!! We needed to be saved from ourselves, and since our Gov't knows what's best for us, and ALWAYS does what's best for us, we're now free to hug all the trees we can find.

Oh wait. My bad. I thought today was opposite day. Disregard. Carry on... :D

G54 01-17-2013 07:54 PM

Actually, anymore it does kind of feel like I'm living in bizzaro world.

SinisterWarWagon99 01-17-2013 07:59 PM

Funny thing.... With the state of the economy the last few years I have had to sell all mine to pay bills. Weird.

Dtchrnnr 01-17-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gus54 (Post 3242338)
Actually, anymore it does kind of feel like I'm living in bizzaro world.

no doubt....

:hide:

AU95 01-17-2013 11:32 PM

I support this thread

afd660 01-18-2013 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This guy need to sell his off.... haha... he looks qualified to hold and use one doesnt he??? Magazine in, safety down, thumb in trigger guard... Thank you idiot Joe Morrisey D-Va for making me feel safe... LOL.. I thought bringing a firearm into a govt building was illegal...

RoadGlide 01-18-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afd660 (Post 3244553)
This guy need to sell his off.... haha... he looks qualified to hold and use one doesnt he??? Magazine in, safety down, thumb in trigger guard... Thank you idiot Joe Morrisey D-Va for making me feel safe... LOL.. I thought bringing a firearm into a govt building was illegal...

Hey that is a good gun...it has furniture on it. I thought the bad ones were all black...:whistling:

RoadGlide 01-18-2013 10:59 AM

Boots vs. Wingtips

Six 01-18-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 3241645)

Unless the shop went out of business, then they're required to send them in.

907farmer 01-18-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Six

Unless the shop went out of business, then they're required to send them in.

They are not sent in, nor are the log books. The 4473s go in a "dead" file. And are kept unroll the business no longer exists. They are not sent to the ATF unless a request is sent for a gun trace.

doclouie 01-18-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afd660 (Post 3244553)

It is when I see people holding guns like him that i realize that not all people should have guns.

distortedtj 01-18-2013 10:17 PM

:popcorn:

aelwero 01-18-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadGlide (Post 3244651)
Hey that is a good gun...it has furniture on it. I thought the bad ones were all black...:whistling:

that would be a lot more funny if it was a tad less accurate :rolleyes:

having said that, the banana clip adds enough negative points to make up for the woodgrain...:rofl:

05ljman 01-18-2013 11:26 PM

Because of course all these shootings are the guns' fault according to the government. I call bs on that

My 2 cents just saying

mjpjr45 01-18-2013 11:31 PM

I had a lot of guns. That is until yesterday, when the weirdest thing happened. My buddy called me and asked if I wanted to go salt water fishing. I said sure, but with all people looking for guns these days, I figured it was safer to take them all with me, than leaving at my home. Well we got the boat off the trailer loaded up all our equipment, then put all my guns in. The boat seemed to sit pretty low in the water, but we thought it was OK. We made our way out into the Gulf of Mexico to do some fishing. The wind picked up a bit and the seas got a bit rough. Since we were sitting so low, we started taking on water and ended up sinking. Luckily we were wearing life jackets. The bad thing is all my guns are now on the bottom of the gulf. Anyone know where I can find a gun cheap. :whistling:

Gunner 01-18-2013 11:46 PM

Y'all have gun's???? I turned in my airsoft and my super soaker 1000 for cash on a buy back in LA.:rofl: I feel much safer seeing all the felons turning in their BB guns and cap pistols.:angel:

BlueRidgeYJ 01-19-2013 08:40 AM

Why lose em when you can sell em in a private sale with no record?

Anybody else puzzled by why MSRs, which very rarely are used in shootings, are being banned while pistols, the cause of over 80% of firearm crimes and 4/5ths of all shooting fatalities, are being left alone? The facts are there and easy to determine: pistols kill more Americans than all other types of firearms combined, by a multiple factor.

Something bigger is going on. What militia in the history of the world armed itself with pistols? None. The govt doesn't want the population to have the same teeth they do, and that concerns me greatly - as it should you, too.