Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   California Drivers License... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/california-drivers-license-21320.html)

ccain 09-08-2008 10:07 PM

California Drivers License...

Yup campers, tomorrow I go in to test for my California drivers license... Judging by the way I've seen some people drive around here, I need to get real drunk and have tiny whack me real hard in the back of the head with a 2x4 with a nail sticking out of it to prepare for the test.

Wish me luck!

cavediverjc 09-08-2008 10:13 PM

When I took mine, it was like a two page test and it was cake. No problems. Same with the motorcycle cross-over. Cake.

I made up some bullshit story about losing my Florida license (so I could keep it for a memento). I'd made a giant copy of it prior to going in to the DMV. They bought it, and just issued me the California license after taking the test. Actually, they issued me a temporary until I received the real one in the mail.

jjseel 09-08-2008 10:15 PM

LUCK YOU!:D

I didn't realize they made you re-take the test - damn! I hope they don't throw in some of that leftist sh*t on you! (You know, right is left, right is wrong...)

Good Luck!

usmc02tj 09-08-2008 11:29 PM

from what i hear as long as you dont stop completly at stop signs, you cut people off and occasionally use the middle finger you should pass with flying colors....

tiny terror 09-08-2008 11:45 PM

You forgot the part about eating a bowl of cereal, talking on the phone, and shaving (applying mascara for women) while driving 75 on the highway. Multi tasking is important in Cali. :D

distortedtj 09-08-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 262664)
You forgot the part about eating a bowl of cereal, talking on the phone, and shaving (applying mascara for women) while driving 75 on the highway. Multi tasking is important in Cali. :D

And all at the same time. :rofl:

usmc02tj 09-08-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 262664)

you forgot blasting your music and leaning a lil to the right and steering with only your left hand....with the seat layed back of course...:doh:

tiny terror 09-08-2008 11:50 PM

Driving with your knees is also on the test.

usmc02tj 09-08-2008 11:52 PM

...and dont forget your hand gun, i believe thats an automatic 10 point reduction

RatherBNarizona 09-09-2008 12:00 AM

be sure to leave the seat belt off
it just gets in the way

ccain 09-09-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmc02tj (Post 262668)
...and dont forget your hand gun, i believe thats an automatic 10 point reduction

Well, if they try to get me with that one I'll just tell them I'll be using my vehicle as a weapon.

Dare2BSquare 09-09-2008 12:44 AM

You taking the english version, or the spanish?

distortedtj 09-09-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 262683)

ouch:rofl:

ccain 09-09-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 262683)

I would assume the Spanish version... All the roads out here are like "Via Del Cornholeio" or "Senor Poopie Pantalones Blvd"

I've learned a great deal of Spanish since I've been here.

But, a catastrophic day here is still way better than a good day where I came from!

distortedtj 09-09-2008 01:09 AM

Just please tell me the drivers test is not at "Home Depot".

Joe Dirt 09-09-2008 02:25 AM

New this year- Drivers licenses are optional. The ACLU filed suit that requiring citizens of Mexico to have a license is descrimitory, so the state made an exemption. The new law says you don't need a license as long as you don't have insurance or a valid registration either. Or maybe they just have a policy from hit and run Insurnace corp.
:rofl::rofl:

MOz 09-09-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain (Post 262619)
Yup campers, tomorrow I go in to test for my California drivers license... Judging by the way I've seen some people drive around here, I need to get real drunk and have tiny whack me real hard in the back of the head with a 2x4 with a nail sticking out of it to prepare for the test.

Wish me luck!

This would probably be a bad time to talk about all those unpaid tickets you left behind in that other state....

Good luck and remember, some people really need to drive bicycles too.:wavey:

kg4kpg 09-09-2008 07:25 AM

If you get you some silicone breast implants, bleach your hair and say "like, you know", maybe they will let you use white-out on your computer test.

richp 09-09-2008 08:53 AM

And when you get to the political portion of the test remember there is a trick quesiton:

Should illegal aliens receive automatic health care, be sure to answer yes
Should illegal aliens be repatriated to their own country involuntarily, answer no

Unlimited 09-09-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain (Post 262687)
....I've learned a great deal of Spanish since I've been here....

"Pacifico" doesn't count..... :D

Good Luck today Chris!

ccain 09-09-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 262736)

Good Luck today Chris!

Una cerveza, por favor! :D

Thanks Brian!

4point 09-09-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 262736)

Good Luck today Chris!

It does too!!! It has to be open, between your legs and you must be driving with your knees while drinking it. :cool:

Scout 09-09-2008 10:51 AM

What's the deal with all those idiots on motorcycles in California? When I was stuck in traffic in L.A. (for fawking EVER :crash:) all those morons just blew right through everyone. How many of those guys get killed everyday?

ccain 09-09-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 262756)
It does too!!! It has to be open, between your legs and you must be driving with your knees while drinking it. :cool:

OOH! Good point... I think that one is on the test! Thanks! Although I do not condone drinking and driving...

Cuz I've spilled more beer that way! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 262763)
What's the deal with all those idiots on motorcycles in California? When I was stuck in traffic in L.A. (for fawking EVER :crash:) all those morons just blew right through everyone. How many of those guys get killed everyday?

Believe it or not, that is legal here... Although most of those guys are pushing the envelope of the law... You can weave thru traffic on a motorcycle BUT, you're only allowed to go 5mph faster than the traffic you're in.

You can tell the sensible bikers (10% of em) from the idiots (other 90%) out here by the way they go thru traffic. Some (a very select few) actually ride in traffic the way I learned... Set with it. The rest like to pop wheelies in the 3 foot area between the cars.

I was freakin shocked when I saw that the first time.

cavediverjc 09-09-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain (Post 262768)
OOH! Good point... I think that one is on the test! Thanks! Although I do not condone drinking and driving...

Cuz I've spilled more beer that way! :D

Believe it or not, that is legal here... Although most of those guys are pushing the envelope of the law... You can weave thru traffic on a motorcycle BUT, you're only allowed to go 5mph faster than the traffic you're in.

You can tell the sensible bikers (10% of em) from the idiots (other 90%) out here by the way they go thru traffic. Some (a very select few) actually ride in traffic the way I learned... Set with it. The rest like to pop wheelies in the 3 foot area between the cars.

I was freakin shocked when I saw that the first time.

Guilty.... :rolleyes:

4point 09-09-2008 11:18 AM

The big bikes scare the heck out of me, you know the ones with all the bags on them. It makes them about 3-4ft wide. :eek:

richp 09-09-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 262763)

At least wrangler doors replace easy, however I don't know how well that nylon strap would hold if an 800 lb bike hit it....

ccain 09-09-2008 02:04 PM

ATTENTION!!! California has yet one more lunatic on the road... And off for that matter!

The only question I got wrong on the test was about the current blood alcohol level... Go figure! :D

RatherBNarizona 09-09-2008 02:10 PM

ha i think everyone misses that question!
congrats!!

sgnellett 09-09-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmc02tj (Post 262656)
from what i hear as long as you dont stop completly at stop signs, you cut people off and occasionally use the middle finger you should pass with flying colors....

I hope you aren't taking it in LA, I'm pretty sure you are required to do a drive-by down there!