Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Tuffy Tailgate Security Enclosure (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/tuffy-tailgate-security-enclosure-213928.html)

Drumrgal 01-21-2013 09:36 PM

Tuffy Tailgate Security Enclosure
 
Hello all,

I have a 2013 JK Sport 2 door hard top Wrangler.
Im wondering if anyone has either of these Tuffy Security Products & if so what one you have & what you think about it? Am thinking of getting the lower priced one.

Tuffy Security Products Tailgate Security Enclosure $196.99
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14036_0010_07.htm

OR
Tuffy Security Products Security Deck Enclosure $456.99 (gulp)
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14036_0003_07.htm

Thanks,
Kim

Bodude 01-21-2013 09:40 PM

I am hesitant to get one for my JK since the seat release is right on top. It seemed a lot more secure in my TJ, as the seat release was under the enclosure.

Drumrgal 01-21-2013 09:47 PM

Hey Bodude,

Hmmm, so if someone pushes the back seat forward using the top seat release they could get into it? You would think they would think of that?

Kim

kappaknight 01-21-2013 10:46 PM

Not sure why the seat release matters. The new ones for the JK have a front plate to seal the trunk from grabby hands.

mjpjr45 01-21-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumrgal (Post 3259269)
Hey Bodude,

Hmmm, so if someone pushes the back seat forward using the top seat release they could get into it? You would think they would think of that?

Kim

No. I have one and you can't get into it from inside the Jeep, only through the tailgate. I like it. I got mainly to be able secure my Kicker Hideaway sub, but I like being able to lock things up, when I leave the Jeep.

panthermark 01-21-2013 10:49 PM

If you use your rear seat in your 2 door, get the lower priced one.

Both of them have a front panel, but the more expensive one is a lot deeper....which is fine for the 4 door (goes to the back of the rear seats), but it means you can't use the rear seats in the 2 door.

Drumrgal 01-22-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjpjr45

No. I have one and you can't get into it from inside the Jeep, only through the tailgate. I like it. I got mainly to be able secure my Kicker Hideaway sub, but I like being able to lock things up, when I leave the Jeep.

Thanks mjpjr45

That's perfect, just the info I'm looking for. :)

Kim

Drumrgal 01-22-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark
If you use your rear seat in your 2 door, get the lower priced one.

Both of them have a front panel, but the more expensive one is a lot deeper....which is fine for the 4 door (goes to the back of the rear seats), but it means you can't use the rear seats in the 2 door.

Thanks panthermark,

I do use the rear seat. Good to know. Will save me money too!

Kim

Con Artist 01-22-2013 01:31 AM

I just got a Tuffy catalog in the mail. I'm interested in a luggage cover of some sort but they all look like actual steel "boxes" that need to be installed. Then what happens when I wanna put the seats down and transport a large object? :confused:

I just want something so people can't peer through my windows and see what I have in the trunk area.

Lusus_Naturae 01-22-2013 06:18 AM

^ The deck breaks down in 5-10 minutes so you can use the space for transport. There's another thread on here somewhere showing it if you search Tuffy.

panthermark 01-22-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Con Artist (Post 3259941)
I just got a Tuffy catalog in the mail. I'm interested in a luggage cover of some sort but they all look like actual steel "boxes" that need to be installed. Then what happens when I wanna put the seats down and transport a large object? :confused:

I just want something so people can't peer through my windows and see what I have in the trunk area.

I had posted a pic in another thread...on the 4 door (using the deeper version), the top portion slides off in 10 seconds. What I have not done is test to see if it that top part still fits in Jeep (against the rear seats) when removed.

mc3072 01-22-2013 06:48 AM

Tuffy Secirity Enclosure
 
I installed the Security Enclosure in my 2013 JK 2 door about two weeks ago. The installation took about 15 minutes. Perfect fit. A couple of minor mods, such as carpet on the top held with spray adhesive and a couple of eye bolts to secure stuff on the top.

Con Artist 01-22-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lusus_Naturae (Post 3260261)
^ The deck breaks down in 5-10 minutes so you can use the space for transport. There's another thread on here somewhere showing it if you search Tuffy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark (Post 3260278)
I had posted a pic in another thread...on the 4 door (using the deeper version), the top portion slides off in 10 seconds. What I have not done is test to see if it that top part still fits in Jeep (against the rear seats) when removed.

Thanks for the info! What was the cost for the product?

panthermark 01-22-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Con Artist (Post 3260383)
Thanks for the info! What was the cost for the product?

Too much...

I got mine at a "great deal" :rolleyes:.........$421 shipped from 4WD.com during a Christmas special.

They run about $460 shipped on Qtec.

Con Artist 01-22-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark (Post 3260463)
Too much...

I got mine at a "great deal" :rolleyes:.........$421 shipped from 4WD.com during a Christmas special.

They run about $460 shipped on Qtec.

:eek: I'll just hire a security guard. :rofl:

Bodude 01-22-2013 05:50 PM

I didn't realize it had a front panel. I thought the seat could be folded forward, giving access . My bad.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.