Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Builders Corner (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/)
-   -   YJ body armor (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/yj-body-armor-214545.html)

FyrFyr 01-24-2013 04:30 PM

YJ body armor
 
5 Attachment(s)
A few pics of the tube fenders, corners and rock rails I finished last night. The steps are for mall crawling, removable for trail use. On to the cage next.

FyrFyr 01-26-2013 11:17 PM

I forgot to mention I used tubes from Trailtubes.com Really nice stuff. With the tubes, other steel and supplies I have about $500 in everything. I figure another $400-500 for powder coat. Similar from Poison Spyder would run around $1900 total. I took about 3 weeks of evenings. :)

kywaterman 01-30-2013 08:05 PM

Looks really good, like how you made the step detachable

Gilcano 01-30-2013 11:13 PM

Can you elaborate on the removable steps? Thanks

FyrFyr 01-31-2013 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the compliments. I welded some 3/8" heavy hex nuts on the top side of my rocker protectors. When the steps are off the bottom is flush so nothing gets snagged. The guards are tied to the body mounts.

Gilcano 01-31-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FyrFyr (Post 3304273)
Thanks for the compliments. I welded some 3/8" heavy hex nuts on the top side of my rocker protectors. When the steps are off the bottom is flush so nothing gets snagged. The guards are tied to the body mounts.

Nice, thanks. I like this ones: (same concept-removable) Don't have tube bender.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...no/Steps01.jpg

:thumb:

FyrFyr 01-31-2013 09:00 PM

Looks good. I don't have a bender either. My local 4x4 shop bent them up for me for a few bucks.

ELMOSYJ 01-31-2013 09:04 PM

Are you keeping that roll bar? Ive been looking for one hard to find in cali and if i find it they want arm and a leg

FyrFyr 01-31-2013 10:19 PM

Yep, keeping the roll bar. I'm actually in the process of welding in a KOZ Offroad add-on kit right now. Should have pics up by the end of the weekend if all goes well.

ELMOSYJ 01-31-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FyrFyr
Yep, keeping the roll bar. I'm actually in the process of welding in a KOZ Offroad add-on kit right now. Should have pics up by the end of the weekend if all goes well.

How much was the kit ?

FyrFyr 02-01-2013 08:31 AM

Koz Off Road, Inc - Catalog

$319 for the kit and $90 for the rear tube

ELMOSYJ 02-01-2013 10:04 AM

Ohh thats not bad. Unfortunetly. I have that aside for the upper on my ar-15. Since some fool in the white house wants to take my rights

Gunz n tractorz 02-06-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmosyj
ohh thats not bad. Unfortunetly. I have that aside for the upper on my ar-15. Since some fool in the white house wants to take my rights

x2

ELMOSYJ 02-06-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunz n tractorz

x2

Im telling u maaAn

Run For It Marty 10-21-2014 08:18 PM

Gilcano, I'm trying to find that exact side step, where did you find it?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.