Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   04 TJ OEM foglights (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/04-tj-oem-foglights-214613.html)

Little_Foxx 01-24-2013 08:34 PM

04 TJ OEM foglights
 
Ripped one of my foglights off due to a couch, any good websites to get a replacement? Yes that is a couch I said longggg story!

mrpotatohead 01-24-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_Foxx
Ripped one of my foglights off due to a couch

Go onnnn.....

K.wag 01-24-2013 08:47 PM

I know KC makes a direct replacement fog light with factory plug-ins, little more expensive, but im assuming higher quality than stock. otherwise, normal 4wd sites:

quadratec
JC whitney
4 wheel parts

those are my go to's

Little_Foxx 01-24-2013 08:51 PM

Welllll....... Decided to go on a short trail ride, for some reason some one dropped of a dag on couch in the middle of the trail it was cold I was lazy so i decided to push it out of the way with my tire well as I started pushing it, it caved and the arm of the couch made a beadline at my foglight......it won I lost....

mrpotatohead 01-24-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_Foxx
Welllll....... Decided to go on a short trail ride, for some reason some one dropped of a dag on couch in the middle of the trail it was cold I was lazy so i decided to push it out of the way with my tire well as I started pushing it, it caved and the arm of the couch made a beadline at my foglight......it won I lost....

It's that Ikea furniture!

Brew 01-24-2013 10:31 PM

Any fog or driving light with 55w bulb will be direct plug and play. Might be a good time to upgrade to something a little better if you're going to replace one anyway. I have Hella 500 driving lights with stock wiring and they are much better than the OEM lights.

K.wag 01-24-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brew (Post 3274954)
Any fog or driving light with 55w bulb will be direct plug and play. Might be a good time to upgrade to something a little better if you're going to replace one anyway. I have Hella 500 driving lights with stock wiring and they are much better than the OEM lights.

Most kits come with wiring yes, but not all come with direct plug and play. The KC's in particular have the actual plug that snaps into the stock wiring plug right by the fogs.
Most other kits just come with the wiring and relay and you have to install it yourself

G-LOVE 01-25-2013 08:06 AM

Check ebay. When I was looking for a set, there are a couple of auctions for single OEM fog lights... pretty cheap too. But I agree, if you have the money, now's a good time to upgrade. Just stay away from trail furniture.

Gary2 01-25-2013 09:22 AM

Plenty on Ebay . I think just 05&6 are different to look at but probably connect just the same . The seller may not know that their is a difference either.

txsmokeater 01-25-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_Foxx (Post 3274206)
Ripped one of my foglights off due to a couch, any good websites to get a replacement? Yes that is a couch I said longggg story!

That sounds like a "here, hold my beer and watch this" story. :rofl:

Brew 01-25-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.wag (Post 3275019)
Most kits come with wiring yes, but not all come with direct plug and play. The KC's in particular have the actual plug that snaps into the stock wiring plug right by the fogs.
Most other kits just come with the wiring and relay and you have to install it yourself

I didn't mean actually plug into the harness, the phrase plug and play wasn't the best phrase to use for what I meant. My Hella 500s came with wiring but I just spliced the wires into the existing fog light wiring, bolted them into the bumper where the stock fog lights were, and they work great. So "plug and play" with some real easy wiring too. :thumb:

Rayko 01-25-2013 03:29 PM

Look in the Quadratec web site, KC has a direct replacement set they even come with stone guards. I put a set on about 3 yrs ago and they are fine, they're a direct plug in to your harness.
I'll be upgrading this summer though, I want something a little brighter.

03Ruth 01-25-2013 04:01 PM

Always see a bunch on craigslist. People upgrade and just have them sitting around and they can generally be had for cheap.

4wheelin 01-25-2013 04:28 PM

Dang, wish this was posted earlier in the week. I just threw mine in the trash. Got KC lights for Christmas, and finally installed them last weekend. Old ones went out on Monday. I would have gladly sent them to you.

Keep looking, maybe someone has one they can get to you.

Chili99 01-25-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wheelin (Post 3277616)
Dang, wish this was posted earlier in the week. I just threw mine in the trash. Got KC lights for Christmas, and finally installed them last weekend. Old ones went out on Monday. I would have gladly sent them to you.

Keep looking, maybe someone has one they can get to you.

threw 'em out with yer couch did ya :p

PedroJr 01-25-2013 10:42 PM

n e one had try the IPF light? are thes lights any good quality? im just wondering since i want to add a new set to my rig and dont know what good brand of lights are out there. i like how theses IPF lights look specially with the covers on it.

Little_Foxx 01-26-2013 10:08 AM

Ha Ha thanks for the input guys, guess I'm gonna cave and get me some KC lights. I might try to find something creative to do with the "surviving" foglight, well as long as no couch is involved. Might mount it in the rear for night time offroading.

Little_Foxx 01-26-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wheelin (Post 3277616)
Dang, wish this was posted earlier in the week. I just threw mine in the trash. Got KC lights for Christmas, and finally installed them last weekend. Old ones went out on Monday. I would have gladly sent them to you.

Keep looking, maybe someone has one they can get to you.

Dang it I should've found that couch a little quicker!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.