Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Question about tire size with stock rim? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/question-about-tire-size-with-stock-rim-215502.html)

Jcarr425 01-28-2013 08:56 PM

Question about tire size with stock rim?

I have the 2013 2 door wrangler sport, and the tires are really small on it. I mean for a few months I'm going to drive on them but in the spring and summer after I've earned some money. I would like some black rims but I'll save some money for now and use the stock rim, there isn't anything wrong with it. So if I kept the current wheel (16-Inch Styled Steel Wheels) what is the biggest tire I could put on it without any rubbing? I was thinking of 33" tires but not sure what kind and if I'd need any wheel spacing etc.
I've been looking at this link, about half way down the page, a silver 2 door has the stock rims with 33's...not a whole lot of info..but I think it looks great.
Any suggestions on a good cheap black wheel I can use as well if I decided to go that route?
Thanks a lot, appreciate any help.

OffRoadCam09 01-28-2013 09:14 PM

A 33" tire will fit with no lift with proper back spacing on the wheels. You will need something like a 33x12.50 tire an 4.5" back spacing or less on the wheels

kbwwolf 01-29-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcarr425 (Post 3291833)
I have the 2013 2 door wrangler sport, and the tires are really small on it. I mean for a few months I'm going to drive on them but in the spring and summer after I've earned some money. I would like some black rims but I'll save some money for now and use the stock rim, there isn't anything wrong with it. So if I kept the current wheel (16-Inch Styled Steel Wheels) what is the biggest tire I could put on it without any rubbing? I was thinking of 33" tires but not sure what kind and if I'd need any wheel spacing etc.
I've been looking at this link, about half way down the page, a silver 2 door has the stock rims with 33's...not a whole lot of info..but I think it looks great.
Any suggestions on a good cheap black wheel I can use as well if I decided to go that route?
Thanks a lot, appreciate any help.

Lotsa good info in here to smooth your tire/wheel dilemmas: Largest tire on stock JK? Here's your answer!

keithnrebecca04 08-20-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offroadcam09 (Post 3291989)
a 33" tire will fit with no lift with proper back spacing on the wheels. You will need something like a 33x12.50 tire an 4.5" back spacing or less on the wheels

what is the largest size of wheel and tires that can be mounted on a 2013 4 door wrangler without needing a lift?

Crush21 08-20-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithnrebecca04 (Post 4099110)
what is the largest size of wheel and tires that can be mounted on a 2013 4 door wrangler without needing a lift?

Click on the link above. Read it. Bingo.