Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   4 Inch Lift on TJ now Having Vibration Issues (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/4-inch-lift-on-tj-now-having-vibration-issues-215635.html)

02WranglerTJ 01-29-2013 01:42 PM

4 Inch Lift on TJ now Having Vibration Issues

I recently installed a Rough Country 4 inch lift on my TJ. I am experiencing vibration issues now from 1st to second gear on the lower end of accelerating. It's only noticeable then if I take off full throttle. Under normal acceleration you don't feel it. I replaced the u joint closer to the rear differential. The front doesn't seem to have too much play either. The transfer case drop was installed also, only thing I didn't put in was the 4 wheel drive drop bracket. Tires were recently installed an balanced with used tires. Also didn't have an issue with this till I had a front end alignment.

ninjaturtle0 01-30-2013 04:36 PM

I think vibes are a part of lift's 4 and up... there is a forum on cv drive shaft and sye out there. I had it installed about 6 months ago... no more vibes.

02WranglerTJ 01-31-2013 09:47 AM

I was afraid you were going to say that. Did you install it yourself, if so was it difficult?

jerryj 01-31-2013 02:31 PM

ya you need a slip yoke eliminator and drive shaft.I didnt do mine but have seen it done its not bad.Look on you tube you can see just about any thing being done on there.Good luck

If the lift is adjustable you may need to adjust your pinion angle also.

02WranglerTJ 01-31-2013 03:09 PM

I wonder off adjustable upper control arms would do the trick?

Quest4life 01-31-2013 04:05 PM

I have a 3.5" lift and had vibration issues. Mine are at about 45 to 50 MPH and goes away the instant I let off the gas. I have installed the SYE and a double carden drive shaft. Replaced all u joints in the front drive shaft. I installed both front and rear adjustable track bars. I had all the tires re balanced. I still have it This weekend I am installing rear upper adjustable control arms to get the perfect angle for the pinon. The only thing left to do after that is the front drive shaft angle. I am running out of ideas so if you get an answer please post it.

Moabite 01-31-2013 04:56 PM

I had a similar problem with a 4-inch Teraflex lift on my TJ, except the vibration was around 50 mph. I installed adjustable upper control arms so that we could fine-tune the pinion angle and that helped. The kit only came with adjustable lower control arms. I installed a Tom Woods driveshaft and the problem was solved. The other problem associated with the lift was front-end wobble. I installed an adjustable track bar and lived happily ever after. It's all part of lifting a jeep...but the lift manufacturers never tell you that.

jerryj 01-31-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02WranglerTJ (Post 3304361)
I wonder off adjustable upper control arms would do the trick?

Not sure with a 4" lift I would think its pretty far off now but a little adjustment goes a long way.I just finished my 8.8 and didnt get it strait enough at first and had some vibration I have adjustable upper and lowers so with a little adjustment it went right away.