Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Clock issue (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/clock-issue-215814.html)

DozerJK 01-30-2013 05:36 AM

Clock issue
 
Does anyone else out there have clock issues- in that it never keeps accurate time? I've had to adjust my clock about once a month since purchasing it back in Aug... and it's usually two minutes off

mckey73 01-30-2013 05:45 AM

Pretty normal, there's a few threads about this issue. I hate it personally.

Strokerswild 01-30-2013 06:02 AM

Totally annoying.

jwilson2598 01-30-2013 06:04 AM

I saw a thread somewhere, there is actually a TSB now about it telling the dealer how to fix it.

SilverSport 01-30-2013 06:19 AM

Yup. Even with all the modern technology, the clock doesn't keep time.

kbwwolf 01-30-2013 06:30 AM

It must be only with certain radio or EVIC packages...I've never had to set or adjust mine for DST or anything, and there are others out there like me. I think mine's set via GPS or something.

Did Jeep Ever get a Fix
Clock loses time!
Clock losing time

RoadiJeff 01-30-2013 06:57 AM

Mine keeps very accurate time. There's an option in the setup to use either manual clock mode or GPS. I have the GPS mode selected. It's the 430N radio.

06 Red Rubicon 01-30-2013 07:38 AM

I had the exact same problem on my 2012 so you know what I did? I sold it and bought a 2013 and problem solved.

Haha I hear you tho freakin frustrating, mine would be a minute behind after just 4 days. I don't know if warranty will do anything but I would just try to obtain a pull out 13 radio or go aftermarket. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with putting alpines in this year.

MistiC NiNja 01-30-2013 08:29 AM

LOL! did the same thing 2012 had clock problem, and now my 2013 had the Radio reset problem. (When i power off my jeep if i have it on SAT or USB, it defaults back to FM)

Can't win with the 130N

WXman 01-30-2013 09:34 AM

The TSB # is 08-003-13. The SKREEM and/or WCM modules need to be replaced. This will also supposedly cure TPMS lights that won't go off if you have that problem too.

My parts are on order and mine goes back to the shop again late this week.

cmaggi2 01-30-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WXman (Post 3298722)
The TSB # is 08-003-13. The SKREEM and/or WCM modules need to be replaced. This will also supposedly cure TPMS lights that won't go off if you have that problem too.

My parts are on order and mine goes back to the shop again late this week.

This is correct. I'm getting my 2010 fixed tomorrow under warranty.:punk:

Raziel 01-30-2013 10:50 AM

Just had the module replaced again the other day. They didn't have the TSB. This is the third time. I will see if it works, but I doubt

cmaggi2 01-30-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raziel (Post 3298922)
Just had the module replaced again the other day. They didn't have the TSB. This is the third time. I will see if it works, but I doubt

Well that's not encouraging...good luck.

Raziel 01-30-2013 11:18 AM

Had the module replace twice last year. And it was still doing it. I haven't seen anything of what the bulletin does. The tech said that they don't have the tsb but they been doing the replacement anyways.

Unless they made a new different module to make it work now, kosher. But before, the clock kept losing time.

cmaggi2 01-30-2013 11:59 AM

I'll make sure to see exactly what they replace and post it Thursday night.

DozerJK 01-30-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaggi2 (Post 3299150)
I'll make sure to see exactly what they replace and post it Thursday night.

Great, I am interested in what they do... see if its actually worth my time taking my Jeep in for repair...

cmaggi2 01-30-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DozerJK (Post 3299359)

Great, I am interested in what they do... see if its actually worth my time taking my Jeep in for repair...

I wouldnt have brought it in just for that, but I'll be happy to have it fixed. I was losing a couple of minutes per week.

JerryJeepster 01-30-2013 12:58 PM

My clock keeps good time but the radio likes to power off when hitting a speed bump or sharp right turn then comes back on. Of course it didn't do it when it was at the dealer.

watusibison 01-30-2013 04:13 PM

Have the same problem with our clock losing time.

cmaggi2 01-30-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryJeepster (Post 3299458)
My clock keeps good time but the radio likes to power off when hitting a speed bump or sharp right turn then comes back on. Of course it didn't do it when it was at the dealer.

I saw this today while looking up my TSB.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-re...-while-driving

JerryJeepster 01-30-2013 07:19 PM

Mine is a 2012 but thanks, I will point that out next time I feel lime dealing with the service dept.

cmaggi2 01-30-2013 08:25 PM

Good idea. Get in on record while you're still under warranty. Good luck :thumb:

cmaggi2 01-31-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DozerJK (Post 3299359)

Great, I am interested in what they do... see if its actually worth my time taking my Jeep in for repair...

Just picked up the Jeep. WCM was replaced through TSB 08-003-13. If you do this, make sure you bring both sets of keys. I wasn't told that and had to wait for the second set to be programmed.

SilverSport 02-01-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaggi2 (Post 3304891)
Just picked up the Jeep. WCM was replaced through TSB 08-003-13. If you do this, make sure you bring both sets of keys. I wasn't told that and had to wait for the second set to be programmed.

This was for the clock losing time?

WXman 02-01-2013 12:39 PM

yeah mine goes in monday to get the new modules installed.

cmaggi2 02-01-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSport (Post 3307249)

This was for the clock losing time?

Yes. TSB was released 1/15. Dealer said not enough power was getting through to the radio so time lagged.

igf1r 02-08-2013 10:25 AM

Same is happening to me. Its fustrating:nonono:

1sunsetbeach 02-08-2013 11:46 AM

clock issue
 
My 2012 clock does the same. Oddly enough, it will seem to lose several minutes after reseting, then stop losing time. So, i have just got use to it always being about 4-5 minutes slow. Thanks for the info here though. Nice to know the only "time" issue that I should be focusing on through my radio is from "Dark Side of the Moon", by Pink Floyd.

snochick 02-08-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaggi2

Just picked up the Jeep. WCM was replaced through TSB 08-003-13. If you do this, make sure you bring both sets of keys. I wasn't told that and had to wait for the second set to be programmed.

Thanks for the heads up on that. My 2012 is a whopping 43 minutes off. Need to take it in, maybe tomorrow. Just hate going down there.

RoadiJeff 02-08-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sunsetbeach (Post 3338529)
Oddly enough, it will seem to lose several minutes after reseting, then stop losing time. So, i have just got use to it always being about 4-5 minutes slow.

Couldn't you just reset it to 4-5 minutes fast, wait for it to lose time and from then on it would be right? I know that isn't really a fix but at least the time would be right.

Is this clock thing only with non-nav Wranglers? My 2013 has an option in the setup to either set the time manually or let the gps signal do it. With the gps it's always correct.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.