Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   95 Jeep Wrangler YJ Sahara, exhaust options (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/95-jeep-wrangler-yj-sahara-exhaust-options-215936.html)

The Silver Gorilla 01-30-2013 04:46 PM

95 Jeep Wrangler YJ Sahara, exhaust options
 
Ok so il looking to get a new exhaust for my jeep. I want something with a good growl 😝. Im looking to spend arounf $100 or less. not looking for a new car, i feel like the interline 6 cyl will have enough behind it to let the exhaust sound loud. Any suggestions? saw a few flowmasters,dynomax, and dynoflow stuff.

Gunz n tractorz 01-30-2013 07:56 PM

I love my flowmaster 40 series highly recommended. I got it from rustys off road also highly recommended. Took longer to get old off then o put new on.

jokerchief462 01-30-2013 07:57 PM

There is a lot of options out there but at $100 or less what do you expect to replace just the muffler or Catback??? You can google the brands and see what happens. There has been several threads on this in the past so maybe a search would help find what others have done.

Gunz n tractorz 01-30-2013 07:59 PM

I suggest at minimum doing cat back. IMO

Finn Sizzle 01-30-2013 08:11 PM

Yeah, I'd agree with Joker, not too many options for under $100. I recently upgraded my entire exhaust system, from the headers back. I installed the Borla headers, Magnaflow CAT and Borla exhaust. Very happy with the upgrade.

The Silver Gorilla 01-30-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokerchief462 (Post 3301197)
There is a lot of options out there but at $100 or less what do you expect to replace just the muffler or Catback??? You can google the brands and see what happens. There has been several threads on this in the past so maybe a search would help find what others have done.

When you say catback do you mean the catalytic converter? becouse what would that do for the sound if i replace that and the muffler?

Gunz n tractorz 01-30-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Silver Gorilla

When you say catback do you mean the catalytic converter? becouse what would that do for the sound if i replace that and the muffler?

Yes I mean catalytic converter. I'm saying if u do it "I" would not/ didn't just put a new muffler on, I got rid of old muffler and tail pipe. By saying cat back I mean to replace everything behind/ after the cat. I wouldn't replace the catalytic converter unless something is wrong with yours now. Does that make sense kinda?

The Silver Gorilla 01-30-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunz n tractorz (Post 3301628)
Yes I mean catalytic converter. I'm saying if u do it "I" would not/ didn't just put a new muffler on, I got rid of old muffler and tail pipe. By saying cat back I mean to replace everything behind/ after the cat. I wouldn't replace the catalytic converter unless something is wrong with yours now. Does that make sense kinda?

So your saying something like this Flowmaster - Force II Exhaust System 17272 - WRANGLER (87-95YJ), JEEP, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991

compared to something like this
Flowmaster Exhaust Part flw942447 - Super 44 Delta Flow Muffler

The Silver Gorilla 01-30-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finn Sizzle (Post 3301272)
Yeah, I'd agree with Joker, not too many options for under $100. I recently upgraded my entire exhaust system, from the headers back. I installed the Borla headers, Magnaflow CAT and Borla exhaust. Very happy with the upgrade.

must sound great bro! but i looked up the borla exhaust, but its a little much on my wallet, and i like the flowmaster sound haha.

The Silver Gorilla 01-30-2013 09:33 PM

I do appreciate all of your guys feed back.

Gunz n tractorz 01-30-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Silver Gorilla

Yea exactly I would choose the first option, only bc the stock tailpipe is very rusty and non forgiving and would be a total pain to only put muffler on. But that's your call.

The Silver Gorilla 01-30-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunz n tractorz (Post 3301776)
Yea exactly I would choose the first option, only bc the stock tailpipe is very rusty and non forgiving and would be a total pain to only put muffler on. But that's your call.

Yeah i get it, i gada get under there and look and see how the pipe looks, i think im leaning towards the flow master, but whats the between the 40 the 44 and 50's?

Gunz n tractorz 01-30-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Silver Gorilla

Yeah i get it, i gada get under there and look and see how the pipe looks, i think im leaning towards the flow master, but whats the between the 40 the 44 and 50's?

YouTube them. Just type in like, jeep with 40 or 44 or 50. After watching a few of each videos you kinda get the feel for each sound. I went with the 40s and they're perfect. Noise inside jeep didn't even change but when outside of jeep they have a nice noticeable rumble, theyre not all obnoxious like you would think, can only hear them inside jeep if you're actually listening for them. I have a 2.5cyl. And took my cat off.

The Silver Gorilla 01-30-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunz n tractorz (Post 3301877)
YouTube them. Just type in like, jeep with 40 or 44 or 50. After watching a few of each videos you kinda get the feel for each sound. I went with the 40s and they're perfect. Noise inside jeep didn't even change but when outside of jeep they have a nice noticeable rumble, theyre not all obnoxious like you would think, can only hear them inside jeep if you're actually listening for them. I have a 2.5cyl. And took my cat off.

yup yup, ohh im likeing the 44's and the price isnt to bad! haha:thumb:

sierchio 01-30-2013 11:05 PM

Cherry bomb it!!! lol

The Silver Gorilla 01-31-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sierchio (Post 3302149)
Cherry bomb it!!! lol

how much is that running for, and dosnt flowmaster make a cherry bomb series?

RandomYJguy 01-31-2013 09:12 AM

at my work place we sell 2 1/4" pipe. $3.78/ft. I would say you need 2 ft of pipe. So looking at $8 plus clamps. ;)

The Silver Gorilla 01-31-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomYJguy (Post 3303122)
at my work place we sell 2 1/4" pipe. $3.78/ft. I would say you need 2 ft of pipe. So looking at $8 plus clamps. ;)

What would i need this for? to replace the pipe on my yj?

Finn Sizzle 01-31-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Silver Gorilla

What would i need this for? to replace the pipe on my yj?

Yeah, he is saying if you bought just the muffler, you may need to replace ( I had to cut mine on my 95) the pipes from the CAT to the muffler and the muffler to the end pipe.

kywaterman 01-31-2013 09:52 AM

randomYJguy is suggesting to just put a straight pipe on it, no muffler.

The Silver Gorilla 01-31-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kywaterman (Post 3303254)
randomYJguy is suggesting to just put a straight pipe on it, no muffler.

haha no thanks! I like the 44's i think i will just buy the muffler, like this Flowmaster Exhaust Part flw942447 - Super 44 Delta Flow Muffler

The Silver Gorilla 01-31-2013 12:40 PM

Flowmaster Delta 40 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices found good review's on the delta 40's:dance::D

Senojelyk 01-31-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunz n tractorz (Post 3301193)
I love my flowmaster 40 series highly recommended. I got it from rustys off road also highly recommended. Took longer to get old off then o put new on.

Same thing here, just not from rustys. Sounds good, but I had to pay for an install when I did it.. too many rusted parts to get it done right with the limited tools my dad and I had.

Gunz n tractorz 01-31-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senojelyk

Same thing here, just not from rustys. Sounds good, but I had to pay for an install when I did it.. too many rusted parts to get it done right with the limited tools my dad and I had.

I just used a saw zaw and die grinder and a hammer and just went to work on it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.