Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Florida Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/)
-   -   Will be moving to florida!!!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/will-be-moving-to-florida-216582.html)

staud11 02-02-2013 05:14 PM

Will be moving to florida!!!!!
 
Hey guys.. I just committed to Stetson university to play football yesterday!!! I'm pumped and I will be taking my jeep there in August! Just thought if introduce myself to my soon to be jeep bros! How is jeeping , fishing , and hunting there???

kramer2k 02-02-2013 05:36 PM

An early welcome to the Sunshine State. :wavey:

BUT....you're arriving the worst month of the year IMO. August is so oppressively hot! But it's Florida, so we're still winning. :D :cool:

staud11 02-02-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer2k
An early welcome to the Sunshine State. :wavey:

BUT....you're arriving the worst month of the year IMO. August is so oppressively hot! But it's Florida, so we're still winning. :D :cool:

I'm from Texas so I should be good with the heat!! I'm excited though! Stetson is only 20 minuets away from Daytona!

crafty 02-04-2013 06:36 PM

Welcome from the other side of the Florida coast :wavey:

tabber02 02-04-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staud11 (Post 3312937)
I'm from Texas so I should be good with the heat!! I'm excited though! Stetson is only 20 minuets away from Daytona!

oh buddy... it's a different kind of heat. :rofl: welcome to the dark side! you'll never leave. :hide:

staud11 02-04-2013 08:11 PM

Awesome I'm excited! It's beautiful there! When and where is that huge meeting y'all have every year when jeeps get together?? I saw a YouTube video with thousands of jeeps cruising the beach !

DeereHunter 02-04-2013 08:18 PM

April 24th-28th.
Jeep beach 2013 in Daytona. I plan on going this year!

tabber02 02-04-2013 09:12 PM

yep, jeep beach is the big one... but there's all kinds of stuff through out the year. you'll be in the state for jeeptoberfest. that's a good one too. :thumb:

staud11 02-04-2013 09:50 PM

dang ill miss it this year! :facepalm: At least ill only be 20 minuets from Daytona :dance:

DeereHunter 02-05-2013 01:38 PM

What other events are going on? I plan on going to Jeep beach, but other than that i don't see much else in Florida.

staud11 02-06-2013 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's official !!!!



Attachment 206545

tabber02 02-06-2013 03:37 PM

well congrats. see you on the flip side of the state. if you're ever over in tampa / st. pete and want to wheel shoot me a PM. i'll show you a couple trails :thumb:

staud11 02-06-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber02
well congrats. see you on the flip side of the state. if you're ever over in tampa / st. pete and want to wheel shoot me a PM. i'll show you a couple trails :thumb:

Awesome will do! Thank you!

Steeljag 02-10-2013 10:35 AM

First off congratulations on attending and playing Football at Stetson University. Did you get a chance to visit the campus?

I'm a local in that area and have followed the University and it's re-build of a football program. They have pumped allot of money into practice fields and a sports field house......looks good!

20 minutes to the beach ? Lol.....20 minutes to the Daytona Speed way, twenty more ( red lights) to the water. From the campus you can jump on SR 44 ( it's called New York av) in Deland, and head straight East to New Smyrna Beach, allot less traffic getting there.

Get on A1A in Daytona and head north toward St. Augustine and your have the ocean at your side almost the entire time.

Jeeping? 30 to 40 minutes west your in the Ocala National Forest.

45 minutes east of the campus your in Orlando.

Walking from the campus is downtown Deland.....maybe kinda quite but they do have sports bars / small restaurants, etc. They also host a Motercycle day where they close off down town except for bikes / they also close it down for Tropical nights street party / Summer nights party / dog parade parties / car shows, etc.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your experience at Stetson. Hit me up with any questions about the area, and I'll do what I can to help!

staud11 02-10-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeljag
First off congratulations on attending and playing Football at Stetson University. Did you get a chance to visit the campus?

I'm a local in that area and have followed the University and it's re-build of a football program. They have pumped allot of money into practice fields and a sports field house......looks good!

20 minutes to the beach ? Lol.....20 minutes to the Daytona Speed way, twenty more ( red lights) to the water. From the campus you can jump on SR 44 ( it's called New York av) in Deland, and head straight East to New Smyrna Beach, allot less traffic getting there.

Get on A1A in Daytona and head north toward St. Augustine and your have the ocean at your side almost the entire time.

Jeeping? 30 to 40 minutes west your in the Ocala National Forest.

45 minutes east of the campus your in Orlando.

Walking from the campus is downtown Deland.....maybe kinda quite but they do have sports bars / small restaurants, etc. They also host a Motercycle day where they close off down town except for bikes / they also close it down for Tropical nights street party / Summer nights party / dog parade parties / car shows, etc.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your experience at Stetson. Hit me up with any questions about the area, and I'll do what I can to help!

Thank you! I was down at the campus last weekend on my official visit! The campus is beautiful! I also drove to a state park and found a few good looking fishing spots!

I'm pretty pumped to be part of a "new" d1 football program ! I also drove around downtown de land ! It reminds me of a little town you'd see in Texas haha
Any ways if I get a question ill be sure to ask! Thank you


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.