Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Philadelphia Area - STOLEN JEEP (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/philadelphia-area-stolen-jeep-217181.html)

Proxy404 02-05-2013 10:45 AM

Philadelphia Area - STOLEN JEEP

Hey guys,

A coworker's son had his Jeep stolen a few days back. I told her I'd try to get some forum guys to keep an eye out for it since we look for Jeeps anyway.

Here's the specs:

'97 TJ
Red Body
Tan Hardtop
Gray fenders and running boards
Basic Silver wheels
Brand new inspection good till '13
Licence plate is likely removed but it began with "DF" (I'll update this when I get the full one)

The Jeep was stolen from Old City, Philadelphia area. I've heard that stolen cars end up going to Camden, NJ where they actually rent out stolen cars by the hour or something like that. So keep an eye out out there too.

It'd be awesome to actually get this guys Jeep back. He had just picked it up about a month ago and was planning on getting it ready to go wheeling.

If you see it, call 911 and report a stolen vehicle sighting. There's already been a police report filed so the cops will know who to get a hold of. Thanks a ton guys!

the Kolector 02-05-2013 10:46 AM

Good luck.

xcoaste 02-05-2013 10:48 AM

Back and forth from the Philly area, so I will keep a look out. I stay away from Camden these days though.

ninjaturtle0 02-05-2013 12:48 PM

geez I hate hearing when this happens to someone...

wish you can catch the dirtbag and bring em to TX, the judge will give max whatever the penalty is without hesitation

SeVeReDiStOrTiOn 02-05-2013 04:16 PM

Too bad we can't shoot'em like horse thieves in the good ol' days

bmpage84 02-05-2013 04:20 PM

I've said this before. We should have a Jeep "Amber alert" on here. A thread, by State or region, that you could subscribe to and post Stolen Jeep/Parts info to if needed. At least everyone subscribed (especially mobile app users) would get notified as soon as a new post is added and be on the lookout. Like Proxy404 said, We're ALWAYS lookin' at jeeps!

RevCo666 02-05-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmpage84 (Post 3325305)
I've said this before. We should have a Jeep "Amber alert" on here. A thread, by State or region, that you could subscribe to and post Stolen Jeep/Parts info to if needed. At least everyone subscribed (especially mobile app users) would get notified as soon as a new post is added and be on the lookout. Like Proxy404 said, We're ALWAYS lookin' at jeeps!

X2 On the amber alert. Great idea!

Jiffydarren 02-05-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn (Post 3325282)
Too bad we can't shoot'em like horse thieves in the good ol' days

:punk::punk:

Or string 'em up. You know justice has really been watered down by tree huggers. That's why there's more crime nowadays. :banghead:

nemo 02-05-2013 05:03 PM

I thought I had it, but I got a black soft top I just picked up, it's a Red TJ though. Man, why? I'll keep an eye out down my way just in case it's heading south.

Jerry Bransford 02-05-2013 05:14 PM

That sucks, sorry to read another Jeep got stolen. My beloved home-built '97 TJ was stolen several years ago and it was never found.