Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Half Door Question! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/half-door-question-217229.html)

MacCleev 02-05-2013 03:06 PM

Half Door Question!

hey guys, so I'm thinking for the upcoming summer season to get a pair of Aries Tubular Doors for my Rubicon. However, i have a long daily commute to work, and if you know canada, weather is quite unpredictable. One day can be sunny and the next a torrential downpour.
This brings me to the question. Is there any sort of hinge pack or something out there that allows for the change of doors quickly and easily, if one day it was bad out and i decided id rather have my full doors on.
Or is it that simple to start with? never actually taken the doors off so this
may be a stupid post. may be a genius business idea. but any input would be great. thanks :)

12CrushRubi 02-05-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacCleev
hey guys, so I'm thinking for the upcoming summer season to get a pair of Aries Tubular Doors for my Rubicon. However, i have a long daily commute to work, and if you know canada, weather is quite unpredictable. One day can be sunny and the next a torrential downpour.
This brings me to the question. Is there any sort of hinge pack or something out there that allows for the change of doors quickly and easily, if one day it was bad out and i decided id rather have my full doors on.
Or is it that simple to start with? never actually taken the doors off so this
may be a stupid post. may be a genius business idea. but any input would be great. thanks :)

Just take the nuts off the bottom of the doors and put on whichever doors you want. Simple as that! I took the nuts off of my doors as soon as I got mine home & they've been off ever since! :)

maleman876 02-05-2013 04:47 PM

remove nuts, unplug and release strap (dont let it swing into the hood), lift and remove.

JKralph 02-05-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maleman876
remove nuts, unplug and release strap (dont let it swing into the hood), lift and remove.

Boom, done.

12CrushRubi 02-05-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maleman876

Yeah that too! Lol

kramer2k 02-05-2013 04:55 PM

I also leave the hinge bolts out of mine. Makes removing the doors a simple 5 minute job.

MacCleev 02-06-2013 12:53 PM

thanks all! really didnt know it was that simple. :)

Moabite 02-06-2013 01:11 PM

Just ordered the 2-piece full soft doors for mine. The hard doors will be off from spring through fall. So I can have either full, half or no doors on the trail at any given time of day. I've been waiting for months for some kind of sale on them...finally found them for 10% off...$843 shipped for a set of 4.

connorcrush 02-06-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabite
Just ordered the 2-piece full soft doors for mine. The hard doors will be off from spring through fall. So I can have either full, half or no doors on the trail at any given time of day. I've been waiting for months for some kind of sale on them...finally found them for 10% off...$843 shipped for a set of 4.

That sounds like a pretty good deal.. Which brand did you go with?

Moabite 02-06-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connorcrush (Post 3329335)
That sounds like a pretty good deal.. Which brand did you go with?

As far as I know, Bestop makes the only full 2-piece soft doors. I haven't seen any others.

J33P3RS 02-06-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Mind if I ask where you found the special? Might be a nice add to the new soft top I picked up last weekend. Seems like a pretty good price.

ltlbigfoot 02-06-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a great deal!!

Moabite 02-06-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J33P3RS (Post 3330829)
Mind if I ask where you found the special? Might be a nice add to the new soft top I picked up last weekend. Seems like a pretty good price.

JC Whitney...10% off sale ends Thursday, 2/7, I think. Best price I found elsewhere was at Morris 4x4 Center...about $880 for the full set of 4 doors. I ordered mine yesterday and they shipped today.

J33P3RS 02-06-2013 10:33 PM

^^^ thx. :wavey