Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   10th Anniversary Rubicon Mods!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/10th-anniversary-rubicon-mods-217577.html)

dcstein 02-06-2013 07:08 PM

10th Anniversary Rubicon Mods!!

1 Attachment(s)
There's a lot of folks on here that have ordered 10As. The waiting is the hardest part. To pass the time, lets hear what mods you're planning. Tires, wheels, lifts, winches, speakers, etc. Please share and keep in mind, everyone loves pictures, prices, and links.

MrPiff 02-06-2013 07:14 PM

The day I get mine I'm gonna give $3500 to this puerto rican guy at work who's really into cars and tell him to get me the dopest car audio that amount of money can buy! Lol true story. He's gonna havehis cousin install it (he does it professionally). I've heard his cousins system amd this guy knows what he's doing.

parker65 02-06-2013 07:23 PM

10A 4dr billet/red, these parts are already in the garage waiting.

Dick Cepek FC-II 285/70-17, 5 of them.
AEV pintler beadlocks, grey.
Teraflex pre-runner kit with Fox remote res. shocks.
Artec axle truss and gussets-full armor kit, front, Artec truss rear.
JKS adjustable track bars front & rear.
Teraflex tailgate hinge assembly.
Decideing about which winch until info comes out. If there is no special edition winch then it will probably be a Warn powerplant if that fits in the factory bumper cut out, if not then the 9.5.

That's about it until summer then I might be looking into some LED lighting.

Doctorsti 02-06-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker65 (Post 3331050)

Decideing about which winch until info comes out. If there is no special edition winch then it will probably be a Warn powerplant if that fits in the factory bumper cut out, if not then the 9.5.

Why the pre runner kit? I like what I have sen as far as marketing from Teraflex for that kit but what does it compromise on for offroad handling. Anything you can educate me on about it I would appreciate it.

Doctorsti 02-06-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPiff (Post 3331021)
The day I get mine I'm gonna give $3500 to this puerto rican guy at work who's really into cars and tell him to get me the dopest car audio that amount of money can buy! Lol true story. He's gonna havehis cousin install it (he does it professionally). I've heard his cousins system amd this guy knows what he's doing.

Serious huh, that's trusting but I know how that can go. If I knew someone that was waaaay ahead of me in knowledge in that area I would probably do the same but with less money and specify I would want the coolest tech not simply the loudest.

Maybe invest in a Top line Viper scrutiny system with dual stage proximity sensor and two way pager.

AvoidControversy 02-06-2013 07:42 PM

2dr Billet/black... JW speaker LED, black mesh grill inserts, blackouts on turn signals, tint front windows... And I think the wild boar grill?!?!

Last but not least, warn winch

cornfedksboy 02-06-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPiff

I am in to home theater and Hi-fi 2 channel systems, and as such, I think the speaker placement in the JK is horrendous. I'm not sure you can get a "great" stereo system in a Jeep w/o repositioning the speakers.

parker65 02-06-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctorsti (Post 3331109)
Why the pre runner kit? I like what I have sen as far as marketing from Teraflex for that kit but what does it compromise on for offroad handling. Anything you can educate me on about it I would appreciate it.

I'm using the pre-runner because I want speed off-road with comfort. I'm not really into rock crawling. I use my Jeeps to tow behind my motorhome on vacations. When out west in Wyoming, Colorado and Montana I find myself on a lot of fire trails and back country trails (two tracks through the grass). Usually to visit ghost towns or deserted mines from the late 1800's.

When doing this with my old '01 Cherokee anything over about 5 mph and your head would hit the roof hard enough to make a dent. Not to mention that it was hard on the whole vehicle overall. Check out the Teraflex videos demonstrating the pre-runner, I should be able to up my speed in these areas to 25mph with ease and comfort. This can mean seeing many more places in the limited time of vacation, especially when they are 30-50 miles off-road.

Shouldn't be any compromise to on road handling anymore than other lifts. The major difference is Speedbumps, limiting straps for down travel and shocks. The new kit has adjustable control arms to dial in your caster to improve the on road side compared with a straight spring lift.

Looking to have it ready to head for Montana and Glacier National Park this summer. May come back through the Bad lands for the second time and do some exploring.

EDIT - Also adding an M&G tow brake system, Mopar flat tow wiring harness and a Blue Ox base plate for towing.

dcstein 02-06-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvoidControversy
2dr Billet/black... JW speaker LED, black mesh grill inserts, blackouts on turn signals, tint front windows... And I think the wild boar grill?!?!

Last but not least, warn winch

Are you going to blackout the signals yourself or buy tinted markers? Deets pls

AvoidControversy 02-06-2013 08:25 PM

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...gnal-lens.html

dcstein 02-06-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvoidControversy

$200+ yowser. I may opt for something like this http://youtu.be/-roeYDJaEZs

watson 02-06-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

You are going to put 3+ grand of audio equipment in a car that will have no top on it at times?

MrPiff 02-06-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watson (Post 3331545)

You are going to put 3+ grand of audio equipment in a car that will have no top on it at times?

of course, everyone has to able to hear my music when the tops down. Its gonna be bumpin

watson 02-07-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

of course, everyone has to able to hear my music when the tops down. --- gonna be bumpin

Hopefully when it gets stolen your parents don't replace it.

MrPiff 02-07-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watson (Post 3333085)

Hopefully my kickass proximity alarm will fend off theives

BLK2012 02-07-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watson (Post 3333085)

hahahaha

MrPiff 02-07-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012 (Post 3334849)

hahahaha

whats so funny bro lol my parents ain't dropping a dime on my new whip.

Espada 02-07-2013 04:00 PM

M98A2 Javelin Swing-Arm Pintle Mount.

Underbody blast protection

12,000 lb winch

Satcomm on the move

Jammers

CTIS

Run flat inserts

Ammo racks

LED lighting and blackout lights

A dancing Hula girl

Senojelyk 02-07-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espada (Post 3335133)

A dancing Hula girl

I hope you mean a real one, and can I get one of those too? :thumb:

bcbud 02-07-2013 06:01 PM

The direction of this thread is pushing me closer to a
Defender every day.

watson 02-08-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Aren't you 18 or 19? You don't seriously believe we would believe you could afford a 10a plus drop $3500 in audio do you?

parker65 02-08-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPiff (Post 3334861)

Don't "Bro" me if you don't know me.

Couldn't help myself,LOL! :hide:

ltsrapcon 02-08-2013 12:09 PM

Heck most of the young Airmen I work with drive better cars (mine is the only jeep) than the older NCO's. Of course my Jeep is the coolest thing in the parking lot. But these young kids these days have all the money.

parker65 02-08-2013 12:40 PM

Never judge a person's financial worth or ability by age. Never!

I came out of high school in '82 as a certified mechanic making 15 per hr. I did this through hard work after school and gaining my certs as a teenager. A year later I went to work at an aircraft factory. Within 30 days I was the department leadman and within 45 days I was swing shift supervisor with a nice salary.

Age doesn't neccessarily put a person in the normal pigeon hole. It depends on the person, their circumstances and abilities within their chosen field.

I owned my own successful business by age 23. I've owned and operated several business profitably and sold them at a profit to get where I am today. Really makes me angry when people want to call me wealthy or say I don't understand what it's like to be poor or have it ruff. I worked HARD and LONG for what I've achieved in life.

Don't judge a person on their age, it's short sighted.

AvoidControversy 02-08-2013 12:48 PM

Are you hiring?

parker65 02-08-2013 01:03 PM

LOL, not at this time. I have managed to weather the economic storm since 2008 without laying off any employees, which I consider a pretty good thing! I even gave the entire crew a pay raise on Jan. 1rst for the third year in a row.

dwindeck 02-08-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker65 (Post 3331050)

If your planning on LED headlights, its much easier before you get a winch up against the grill!

parker65 02-08-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwindeck (Post 3338913)
If your planning on LED headlights, its much easier before you get a winch up against the grill!

Thanks, I'll remember that info.

MrPiff 02-08-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watson (Post 3338521)

Aren't you 18 or 19? You don't seriously believe we would believe you could afford a 10a plus drop $3500 in audio do you?

I'm 20 years old and I'm a local 3 elevator mechanic and have a supplemental weekend job. Don't make assumptions.

cornfedksboy 02-08-2013 05:40 PM

Not that it would apply to anyone here, but I have also known folks that have many VERY, VERY nice things. Two years later, they do not and they are broke. It's not hard to buy expensive stuff anymore, but it is difficult to keep it.

FWIW, my father was a self made millionaire at the age of 30 (certainly not as hard as it used to be) and to this day he has never spent more than $15K on a vehicle purchase