Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   Sears Auto Center Chapel Hills Review (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/sears-auto-center-chapel-hills-review-217717.html)

chrisfp88 02-07-2013 10:33 AM

Sears Auto Center Chapel Hills Review
 
DO NOT GO HERE!!! They are lazy, untimely, unprofessional, and do not complete work to a satisfactory level. I went in 3 times to try and get an alignment done the right way and the first time they couldn't do it, the second time they towed it too far out, and the third time they towed it so far in that I can look at the vehicle and see how bad the tires are now. They could have killed me with their arrogance. I don't get it. If I can look at it and tell its that bad and I don't have a fancy computer, than why can't they look at it and see the same thing? They are worthless and I will actively inform everyone of my experience. Don't be fooled the reason their prices are so low is because the quality of their work is horrible. No attention or care to detail. I will be filing a complaint against them. I will be going to Courtesy tomorrow to fix their sloppy work.

ztman 02-07-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfp88 (Post 3333969)
DO NOT GO HERE!!! They are lazy, untimely, unprofessional, and do not complete work to a satisfactory level. I went in 3 times to try and get an alignment done the right way and the first time they couldn't do it, the second time they towed it too far out, and the third time they towed it so far in that I can look at the vehicle and see how bad the tires are now. They could have killed me with their arrogance. I don't get it. If I can look at it and tell its that bad and I don't have a fancy computer, than why can't they look at it and see the same thing? They are worthless and I will actively inform everyone of my experience. Don't be fooled the reason their prices are so low is because the quality of their work is horrible. No attention or care to detail. I will be filing a complaint against them. I will be going to Courtesy tomorrow to fix their sloppy work.

Every time I get an allignment they give you a print out showing the specs before the alligment and then after. Did sears give you the docs showing what the specs were after the allignment

chrisfp88 02-07-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ztman (Post 3333990)
Every time I get an allignment they give you a print out showing the specs before the alligment and then after. Did sears give you the docs showing what the specs were after the allignment

Nope they refused to give it

Timberline 02-07-2013 10:50 AM

Shocked that place up there is still open. I really only go to Sears for my battery shopping when it comes to vehicles. I actually have been very happy with taking my vehicles to Brakes Plus for alignments as recommended by Discount Tire. I go to the one over off Powers and Palmer Park. Never had an issue there.

ztman 02-07-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfp88 (Post 3334015)
Nope they refused to give it

Thats a problem. Good suggestion to avoid that place for allignments.

joeuncool 02-07-2013 12:02 PM

I would shoot myself in the nether regions with a flare gun before I let Sears touch any of my cars.

I will also never forget talking to a tow truck driver in the winter about 25 years ago and he told me 80% of his calls were to jump batteries. Then he said he didn't really want to knock any specific brand but 80% of those batteries had the word "Hard" in them. He did qualify this by saying maybe it is because at the time those might be the most popular batteries but he wouldn't put them in any of his vehicles.

Shoot, I wouldn't even buy "Toughskins" there in the 70's so why would I take my car there?

Craftsman tools are really good but nowadays you can similar quality tools in other places too. Now that I think of it, how does Sears stay in business?

chrisfp88 02-07-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeuncool (Post 3334317)
I would shoot myself in the nether regions with a flare gun before I let Sears touch any of my cars.

I will also never forget talking to a tow truck driver in the winter about 25 years ago and he told me 80% of his calls were to jump batteries. Then he said he didn't really want to knock any specific brand but 80% of those batteries had the word "Hard" in them. He did qualify this by saying maybe it is because at the time those might be the most popular batteries but he wouldn't put them in any of his vehicles.

Shoot, I wouldn't even buy "Toughskins" there in the 70's so why would I take my car there?

Craftsman tools are really good but nowadays you can similar quality tools in other places too. Now that I think of it, how does Sears stay in business?

I think it's because it's a staple and a known. Sears is known for appliances. Even though other places carry them sears is known for that. Tools as well. Sears I think is one of those where you stop by to look at an appliance and then you're in tools then the girls are in clothes. It's like its own mini mall.

LostFedExMan 02-07-2013 02:41 PM

I complete trust Tire World on N Academy to do any work I can't do. The labor isn't cheap (I have no other place to compare it to tho) but that's where my dad has been taking his car's for years. They know my Jeep. If they see it stopped on the side of the road THEY actually call ME to ask if it needs a fix and a tow (true story). Very reliable and trustworthy IMO. If I don't go there, I know someone who does work out of a storage unit, takes cash only, and that's who I'll take my Jeep to. Trustworthy and reliable no matter how sketchy it sounds.

Sucks that you've been getting crappy work done by crappy shops lately. I hope things get better

Timberline 02-07-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostFedExMan (Post 3334881)
If I don't go there, I know someone who does work out of a storage unit, takes cash only, and that's who I'll take my Jeep to. Trustworthy and reliable no matter how sketchy it sounds.

Is this information something that could be shared? :whistling:

chrisfp88 02-10-2013 02:34 PM

Well sears had the tow set a whopping 2.51+ and 2.39+ I'm bad at math, but even I know that's bad. A total of 4.90+ toe??!?!?!?! yikes. I'll be going after them financially for sure to refund me the cost of my alignment with them, the alignment to fix what they did at another shop, and the rental car I had to use while their mistake was fixed. By the way Jon at Courtesy Automotive got it to .17 and .22 for a total of .38 Which is good enough for the moment. Found out that when my Draglink flip and steering brace were installed Pete at Bach Crawlers didn't know he needed to change the Track Bar since it would now be too long with the different frame side bracket. So I have to swap that out too. It amazes me how many stupid people I find in this industry.

That said Jon at Courtesy Automotive is an upstanding honest guy who is not gonna give you a vehicle back that they don't feel is safe on the road and they test drive them to prove that.

Full Spool 02-10-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfp88 (Post 3348354)
Well sears... I'll be going after them financially for sure to refund me the cost of my alignment with them, the alignment to fix what they did at another shop, and the rental car I had to use while their mistake was fixed......Found out that when my Draglink flip and steering brace were installed Pete at Bach Crawlers didn't know he needed to change the Track Bar since it would now be too long with the different frame side bracket. So I have to swap that out too. It amazes me how many stupid people I find in this industry.

Let me get this right, Bach crawlers did a crap job, but you want to go after sears because they couldn't align your jeep because the trackbar was too long, but in your signature you state that you have an adjustable track bar?

chrisfp88 02-10-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Spool

Let me get this right, Bach crawlers did a crap job, but you want to go after sears because they couldn't align your jeep because the trackbar was too long?

That is not the reason they couldn't align it. Jon aligned at least to the point where the Jeep isn't screwed sears tried three times to align it and never could get the toe anywhere right. I will be reporting bach crawlers too but point is he refuses to fix his part of the problem that's on me sure. But sears should have never let the vehicle drive out of that shop that toed in. That is negligent and dangerous. I could have been seriously hurt or killed. They should have either admitted they couldn't do it or they should have told me the numbers before I left. They probably knew how bad it was based upon the fact that they wouldn't give me a report about it. Make no mistake I am going after both of them but I know that I woll have more luck with sears then with Pete. Sears is a major corporation. Pete is a small shop. He can do whatever he wants to. Its my word vs his. Its easier to never give him my business again then chase him down over a track bar. I'm only going after sears for being deceptive and unsafe not to mention they put my only mode of transportation in the shop for 2 days as it was literally undriveable after what they did.

chrisfp88 02-10-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Spool

Let me get this right, Bach crawlers did a crap job, but you want to go after sears because they couldn't align your jeep because the trackbar was too long, but in your signature you state that you have an adjustable track bar?

Also the trackbar is adjustable but after putting on the steerig flip kit it is incapable of being adjusted in enough. The vehicle is aligned all things considered now that courtesy handled it but they are unable to adjust the trackbar to compensate for the steering kit. The axle is about 1 inch off center. I have a new trackbar coming.

LostFedExMan 02-11-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timberline (Post 3334895)
Is this information something that could be shared? :whistling:

I'll have to give him a call and see if he minds me giving his number out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.