Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Which Direction Should I Go? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/which-direction-should-i-go-218028.html)

tayrash 02-08-2013 04:30 PM

TF 2.5" vs. BDS 2"?

Hey guys! I'm just a newb with a couple questions that I think some of you guys with experience could help me out with.

I picked up my '13 Wrangler Sport 2 dr from the dealership a while back, and decided that I want to go ahead and lift it up as well as put some duratrac 33's and 17 inch rims on it. It's gonna mostly be a DD, but I want the capabilty to go offroad on the weekends that I decide to get feisty. I'm probably not going to put many miles on it because I'm active duty Navy. I wanted to get some input on the options I have for a lift.

As of now there's a couple of way I see myself going on the lift...

1) The 4x4 shop in my town is running a special for the next couple of weeks. A 2" BDS lift out the door for $950. The guy said they'd be replacing the coils so I assume they are going to be using the BDS kit for the JKU. I like this option because I'm not too mechanically inclined. If I were to go with this option I'd be riding stock wheels and tires for a while until I can save up for the new rims and duratracs

2) Option 2 is going with the Teraflex 2.5" lift with shocks. I'd probably get the package without the shocks and get some Blistines. I got a really good deal on this kit throught the forum. I like this kit due to the fact that a lot of people swear by it on the forum, and from the pics that I've seen with this coupled with 33's come through for an awesome combo. The problem I run into with this kit is I'd probably have to get the shop to install it, which I know can end up costing an arm and a leg. I'd probably buy the kit and wait to get it installed until I can put the new wheels/tires on it.

Any input is greatly appreciated, and if you guys have any other ideas I'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks!

kjeeper10 02-08-2013 04:42 PM

Do you have links of the kits mentioned ?

2" is a nice height to be at. A little extra room for bigger tires and you won't have to deal with geometry, changes/driveshafts.

TERAFLEX is one of the better company's
And is very popular amongst the board.

tayrash 02-08-2013 04:45 PM

Teraflex kit: | TeraFlex Suspensions

BDS Kit: 2012-2013 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door 6.5" lift kit 494H | BDS Suspension

kjeeper10 02-08-2013 05:20 PM

Omg

You got 2 totally different lifts there.

First off ... No way in hell anybody needs 6" of lift on a JK.

Are you looking for a long arm/more complete kit?
TERA has others to choose from as well.

Or you can stay simple and go with the TERA lift you linked. Great lift to start with :thumb:
You can choose with or without shocks as well.
You may want to add a adjustable track bar for the front and possibly LCA'S for caster/better drivability.

kappaknight 02-08-2013 05:28 PM

I think he just linked to the wrong thing. He mentioned the BDS lift being 2" above. Plus, I don't think you can get a 6" lift for a grand.

paleh0rse 02-08-2013 05:31 PM

OK, I'm guessing he linked to the wrong BDS kit... I don't even see a 2" BDS coil kit on their website. There's a 2" spacer kit with shocks, but that's it.

Between those two, I'd go with the TF kit and never look back...

tayrash 02-08-2013 05:38 PM

Wwwoooooowww!!! Wrong link wrong link. Idk what is up with that but every time I try to paste the link it automatically goes to the 6 incher. It's a BDS 2 inch where the coils and the shocks are getting replaced. Sorry about that.