Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Jeep Badge of Honor System (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/jeep-badge-of-honor-system-218363.html)

JK Kid 02-10-2013 02:32 AM

Jeep Badge of Honor System

i did a search and didn't see any posts on it, so i thought i'd share...

Badge of Honor | Off Road Trails, Jeep Life, Trail Badge | Jeep

its a point system for hitting up trails and checking in, gaining points and getting the opportunity to share pictures and tips.with enough points jeep issues a hard badge to post on your jeep, which varies according to the number of trails you've been on. a nice way to get more jeepers out on the trails.

i'm definitively interested, however none of my local trails are on the site yet, and i don't see an option to add potential trails. the closest trail on the site is 160 miles away.

however, i think if they get more participation, jeep might build up the idea. so i guess im just kinda spreading the word.

i just hit up TSF and grabbed the cedar tree trail badge and uploaded a few pics to grab some points, i'm interested to see how the hard badges turn out. ill post pics if a i ever get one. I'm thinking of replacing the trail rated badge with whatever badge i get (depending on the quality of these "hard badges") or possibly placing on the passenger side where the trail rated badge would be.

B4Real 02-10-2013 03:06 AM

I have been checking out the site and I think it is pretty cool, but I too would like to see more trails added. I have three in my state that are not doable in the winter IMO, but I will be hitting them up in the spring. Hopefully they will have more trails posted by then as well.

BlueRidgeYJ 02-10-2013 08:30 AM

Neat idea. Not compatable with Galaxy devices though, apparently.

Sdizzzle 02-10-2013 11:02 AM

It's pretty cool, closest trail is 200 miles away :/

WhiskeyMike 02-10-2013 11:00 PM

Very cool program. But like you, the trails are hundreds of miles away. I sent a note encouraging jeep to add the capability for folks to submit their local trails.

Virus692 02-11-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ (Post 3346949)
Neat idea. Not compatable with Galaxy devices though, apparently.

worked with mine.. Epic 4G touch (galaxy II) just go to android store and look for "badge of honor"

BlueRidgeYJ 02-11-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus692
worked with mine.. Epic 4G touch (galaxy II) just go to android store and look for "badge of honor"

Hmmmm....

jeepers29 02-11-2013 07:07 AM

Heck, Texas doesn't have a single one. It's like 6 hours just to the state line for me.

JK Kid 02-11-2013 07:04 PM

also had success with the galaxy...samsung galaxy s iii

Ozzmosis 02-11-2013 08:55 PM

Works good for me on Samsung Galaxy Note II. Now, we just need more trails added, especially in Texas!

BlueRidgeYJ 02-11-2013 09:14 PM

Guess it does, I would try again but 15 or so trails East of the Mississippi? I'll wait on that one.

Again, neat idea. Maybe in time it will be cooler.

Shark_13 02-12-2013 10:36 AM

They need more trails....haha of course, the first & only trail I've been on (last weekend) was the only one on there but didn't have the app yet! oh well, will be back shortly.

BeanieAZ 04-11-2013 09:09 AM

Just found this on Jeep's website, sounds like a cool idea but no trails anywhere in AZ. It'd be nice if you could add a state run and recognized trail for approval rather than having to drive to UT or CA.

CoreyZ 04-11-2013 10:34 AM

Another lame brained and half implemented idea...
They wont add local trails. They only add the big name ones.

mikemounlio 04-04-2014 02:01 PM

Love it. i think its really cool. They need to get more trails on there. Ill have the 6500 points by the end of the summer thanks to redbird sra

scottmphoto 04-21-2014 01:16 AM

I just wrote a review of the Badge of Honor program on my blog. What do you think?

Scott

Mykul 04-21-2014 06:47 PM

Is there a Canadian version?

Cascade Wanderer 04-22-2014 11:14 AM

That's the one that goes from tavern to tavern eh? :)

CW

MustangGrl 04-22-2014 11:41 AM

Jeep Badge of Honor System

When I click that link it just brings up jeeps build a jeep page :(

Edit: there's an iPhone app
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jeep...587467216?mt=8
:D

NonRubicon 04-22-2014 02:44 PM

Badges?

We ain't got no badges.

We don't need no badges.

I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

lynn 04-30-2014 10:15 AM

The only badges I manage to collect

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76...eepKamp030.jpg

mhicanders 04-30-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn (Post 10268730)
The only badges I manage to collect

And as far as I'm concerned those are the only badges that count.

Seems like a lame idea to me.

NonRubicon 04-30-2014 04:18 PM

The "Badge of Honor" system is marketed towards the new gamer demographic. More specifically, that part of the gamer demographic which is accustomed to getting attention from others through the act of "show and tell" exhibitionism, and subsequent feelings of fulfillment of self-worth through that recognition, rather than simply basking in the accomplishment of a challenge itself.

It's the same sort of mindset of a targeted demographic which has Jeep putting "Easter eggs" into various new models of Jeeps. Only for Jeep these are attempts to tenuously link the newest Jeep models to a heritage that is quite distant from the newest creations of the Jeep family.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=372

4Jeepn 04-30-2014 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmphoto (Post 10032185)
I just wrote a review of the Badge of Honor program on my blog. What do you think?

Scott

sure there are some bugs, I would not go as far as you did calling it a fail though..I got these below so it can't be all that bad...

mhicanders 04-30-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonRubicon (Post 10278090)
The "Badge of Honor" system is marketed towards the new gamer demographic. More specifically, that part of the gamer demographic which is accustomed to getting attention from others through the act of "show and tell" exhibitionism, and subsequent feelings of fulfillment of self-worth through that recognition, rather than simply basking in the accomplishment of a challenge itself.

Well said. Much more polite than I'd put it ;-)

scottmphoto 04-30-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 10278282)
sure there are some bugs, I would not go as far as you did calling it a fail though..I got these below so it can't be all that bad...

I've just had issues with the site, with checking in, etc etc.

To me, that constitutes a fail.

Jeffreybomb 05-05-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmphoto (Post 10032185)

I think it's strange to call it brilliant in one breath and lambaste it in the next.

I downloaded it and got it working without a problem. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonRubicon (Post 10278090)
More specifically, that part of the gamer demographic which is accustomed to getting attention from others through the act of "show and tell" exhibitionism, ...

Can you name a Jeeper that isn't afflicted by this trait in one form or another? I mean, you wrote up your responses and attached a Simpsons meme at the end of it. That shouts "look at me" as much as anything.

Brian6428 05-05-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 10278282)

How were pee wees crossing and guard rail? I'm looking to do those this summer but I'm bone stock in a sport. Could I make it?

NonRubicon 05-05-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffreybomb (Post 10397346)
Can you name a Jeeper that isn't afflicted by this trait in one form or another? I mean, you wrote up your responses and attached a Simpsons meme at the end of it. That shouts "look at me" as much as anything.

Well, I can say that I'm not afflicted with the need to paste things on my Jeep to solicit inquiries as to "what's that badge for?" so that I can relive glory days past. I'm not one to ascribe to the notion of gaining self-worth through trophies and badges, I learned early on that such things have no real value and only serve to inflate one's ego. My word is my honor. I keep my honor such that my word can be trusted without a "badge" to verify it.

And my use of an image in a post is not a cry for attention to fill some need for self-validation through recognition. The image I used was a means of making a point (that I don't quite "get" the whole badge thing) in a manner using more than just words, in this case it was a humorous pop-culture reference. The saying goes "a picture is worth a 1000 words", and so this picture is worth 1032 words. It was meant to be a funny ha-ha. A joke. I crack jokes to make other people laugh. I have no way of knowing online if someone really LOL's, or cracks a smile, or sits there LTMQ. It doesn't matter that I know or don't know. But it'll matter to the person who does get the humor, because maybe it'll brighten their day just a little. Think about it.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, never was. Not everyone is going to agree with the badge of honor thing. And any forum which requires everything to be sunshine and lollipop agreement with not even friendly disagreements allowed is not a place of real discourse. So I hope we can agree to disagree on the subject of the badge of honor system.

The way I see things, it's only a matter of time before that "Badge of Honor" stuck to one's Jeep starts to make the owner look like this:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1304035127

Remember the past, but do not live in it - there are no goals to be accomplished there.

:drinks:

Jeffreybomb 05-06-2014 02:22 AM

Great, but you never actually answered my question.