Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/)
-   -   TSF Run 3-2-2012 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/tsf-run-3-2-2012-a-218597.html)

skjeeper 02-11-2013 01:50 AM

TSF Run 3-2-2012

So yet again I have a little itch to head out to Tillamook State Forest. Anyone else wanna go? This will be an informal Wrangler Forum event. For those of you who don't know, this post is by the same Jeep nut who posted a run on 1-27-13.:) You can check out that thread to see what fun we had here.

Anyhow, if someone wants to go out sooner, feel free to post a run, I have some work stuff to do and that Saturday is the next date I can go. So here goes..

Date: Saturday March 2, 2013
Time: Meet 0800-0815, Take head count, and head out by 0830
Rally point: North Plains Chevron Parking Lot
Level of difficulty: Unknown (but same plan as 1-27-13 event, start easy, and weather permitting, plan on going nuts or keeping it easy)
Gear: ATV Permit, lunch, water, shovel, recovery gear, warm clothes, CB or FRS radio recommended
Jeep: stock is fine, mods are nice, enthusiasm to have fun even better

Same as last time, if a bunch of people commit, then we can break into smaller groups, volunteers for group leaders/tail-gunners would be welcome if needed.

Three weeks and counting to get dirty:)
-skjeeper

banks316 02-11-2013 08:00 AM

Put me down as a maybe. All depends if my YJ is still driveable. I'd like one more run before I dismantle her.

FireMike 02-11-2013 12:06 PM

I could make Sunday, but not Saturday :(......Im in class all day. If the date changes let me know!! have fun and take some pics!!

MojoMark 02-11-2013 01:03 PM

Put me on the list, as long as the snow is minimal. My A/T's are pretty worn down and had real trouble in the snow (at the top of Hoodraiser) last weekend. It was my first time up there and despite the embarrassment of being yanked up by an FJ, we had a whole bunch of fun - even made it up the lower part of Rocky Uphill.

skjeeper 02-11-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoMark (Post 3352315)
Put me on the list, as long as the snow is minimal. My A/T's are pretty worn down and had real trouble in the snow (at the top of Hoodraiser) last weekend. It was my first time up there and despite the embarrassment of being yanked up by an FJ, we had a whole bunch of fun - even made it up the lower part of Rocky Uphill.

Well at least you made it to Hoodraiser and Rocky Uphill. Last time we were there, the snow was about 2 feet deep and we could not get to Hoodraiser. Proof that trail conditions change constantly I guess. I keep enough recovery gear so if you get stuck, I would be happy to help undo that.

Take care-
sk:)

skjeeper 02-11-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banks316 (Post 3351315)
Put me down as a maybe. All depends if my YJ is still driveable. I'd like one more run before I dismantle her.

I can play "Taps" with my Jeep stereo while you drive up Crushers one last time if you like before you take apart your YJ.:) Too bad I don't have a PA horn, I could really have fun playing "Taps" with that.

take care
-skjeeper:)

banks316 02-11-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjeeper (Post 3354641)
I can play "Taps" with my Jeep stereo while you drive up Crushers one last time if you like before you take apart your YJ.:) Too bad I don't have a PA horn, I could really have fun playing "Taps" with that.

take care
-skjeeper:)

Wont be doing crushers with my 35 slicks.

IslandTJ 02-11-2013 10:29 PM

Open run? :hide:

skjeeper 02-12-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandTJ (Post 3355423)
Open run? :hide:

Open for sure! Come one, come all!:) Same "rules and recommendations" apply as the 1-27-13 run.

take care Ken!
-skjeeper

R51 02-12-2013 03:43 AM

Hi all,
First jeep, first post. The jeep is still stock, I'm still collecting gear, and I work more weekends than I am proud of. Despite all that, I'm dying to get out and get the jeep dirty so I'm looking. I'll try to catch an open event on a Saturday in the next few months.

agaard 02-12-2013 10:21 AM

I would like to go but can you pick me up on the way as I live a lote closer to browns camp the north plains. And what chanel do you run on the cb. I well be on the side of 6.

skjeeper 02-12-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agaard (Post 3357357)
I would like to go but can you pick me up on the way as I live a lote closer to browns camp the north plains. And what chanel do you run on the cb. I well be on the side of 6.

Would you like us to bring some Waffles, Bacon, and Hot Coffee or fresh squeezed Orange Juice while we pick you up? Just kidding.:thumb:

It should not be a problem on the way out, as the date gets closer, we'll figure out if we are going to Brown's Camp or enter TSF west of Archers. Please be sure to sign in so everyone in = everyone out for safety.

Likewise, I'll let you know what CB channel we will use. So far, I like using the day of the month for channel, ergo, channel 2 for 3-2-13, but remind me closer to the date and I will let you know.

take care man,
skjeeper:)

banks316 02-12-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjeeper (Post 3356134)
Open for sure! Come one, come all!:) Same "rules and recommendations" apply as the 1-27-13 run.

take care Ken!
-skjeeper

Well in that case i might bring the ZJ in stock form.

Rubydak 02-13-2013 11:22 PM

I'm going to try to make this one. Often have to work weekends and I might not know until Friday at the end of the day .

rvkillian 02-14-2013 09:43 AM

I will make this run. See you on the 2nd.

rusty1 02-14-2013 09:58 PM

I'm in as well,had a good time on the 1/27 run.

skjeeper 02-16-2013 02:20 PM

Jeep + Mud + TSF = Fun :)

Hey all, so yesterday the weather was fantastic, global warming really does have its perks. Anyhow I am revving up this forum to invite people to go wheeling on 3-2-13, a Saturday. Maybe the weather will be just as nice that date too!

Where: Tillamook State Forest
What trails/level of difficulty: Green and Blue, Black (optional). I think the park will be full of mud and wet with snow at higher elevations. I am thinking about working from West to East, starting with the end of Archers and moving eastward, maybe linking up and ending the day with Cedar Tree if we can and exiting out Browns Camp, but this is assuming the roads are open/clear to do so. If enough people show up, we can break up into two groups again- one intermediate/advanced, one beginner/intermediate just like we did on 1/27.
Vehicles: Open run, any rig welcome, not just Wranglers, stock is fine as long as you are mechanically and mentally sound.:)
What to bring: Food, water, shovel, air compressor (I have one to borrow if you need it), ATV Permit, CB or FRS radio would be helpful
Where to meet: North Plains Chevron, (US 26 West to Exit 57, turn right and Chevron will be on your left, meet in back so we don't clog the lot in the front)
Time: 8-8:15AM, leave by 8:30

Please reply if you wanna go so we can get a rough head count.:)

Two weeks and counting:)
-skjeeper

agaard 02-17-2013 01:31 AM

Yes just lit me know when you go by agaard rd. I well be sitting there waiting.. ch 2..

City 02-18-2013 11:12 PM

Put me down as a "YES" for this one. I've been wanting to go out for months now, but my personal situation had prohibited it. Looking forward to getting some mud and snow on the tires!!!

skjeeper 02-19-2013 02:20 AM

Sweet!

Looks like I have the following people wanting to go 3-2-13 (OMG, I just realized I posted the date as 3-2-12, not 3-2-13, maybe if we drive fast enough, we can go back in time....well um, no, it's a Jeep so doubt we can get that fast). Oh well. Here's who I have listed now:

skjeeper (myself)
Mojomark
Agaard
Rvkillian
Rusty1
City

And maybe's
Banks 316
Rubydak

I am sure more will join the fun-

IslandTJ 02-19-2013 09:37 PM

In.

Cold 02-20-2013 03:43 PM

SO how open is this run? Would someone in a Ford Ranger be frowned upon?

skjeeper 02-20-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold (Post 3396070)

Absolutely not! I wouldn't frown on anyone in a vehicle other than a Jeep. Again, this is an informal Wrangler Forum Event. Seems like the wheelbase is about the same as a four door JK or a Toyota Tacoma, so I don't think it will be a problem at all getting through the trails! Maybe we can get him to convert to a Jeep after this run.:)

See you all 3/2-

jsears 02-21-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold (Post 3396070)

:dance::dance:

Ice Man 02-21-2013 06:22 PM

I'm in... looking forward to it!

kd0dua 02-22-2013 12:14 AM

Put me down for a maybe. I'm beginner... Uhh, if FRS what channel? I have an Amateur Radio License and GMRS License so I need to figure out the Frequency and PL Tone and all of that jazz. Haha..
-DUA

R51 02-22-2013 01:48 AM

Next time

I can't make this one but looking forward to the next Saturday run at TSF :dance:

Electricfoot 02-22-2013 02:29 PM

Newbi should make it.

banks316 02-23-2013 12:12 PM

I wont be going this run. Don't have a Jeep that can do it.

Kaines 05 tj 02-23-2013 05:22 PM

I am in for this run!