Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Illinois Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f107/)
-   -   07 wrangler no lft. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f107/07-wrangler-no-lft-219972.html)

Steve07jk 02-16-2013 10:46 PM

07 wrangler no lft.
 
What is the biggest tires your riding with no lift. 17 inch tires

mpoberg 02-17-2013 12:26 PM

You can put 33s but the need to be narrow. Best bet is to just buy some new wheels w/ 4.5-4.75 back spacing. But its not always that easy. So with that said.. try tirerack.com and look at the tire specs for something around 33" maybe 275/70R17 ish.. -Matt

Steve07jk 02-17-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoberg
You can put 33s but the need to be narrow. Best bet is to just buy some new wheels w/ 4.5-4.75 back spacing. But its not always that easy. So with that said.. try tirerack.com and look at the tire specs for something around 33" maybe 275/70R17 ish.. -Matt

Thanks Matt. I was either tryin to go 275/ or 285/

XJtoJK 02-18-2013 06:02 PM

From what I've seen and read 285/75 or 255/80, the later being 33x10 tall and skinny and only available as a KM2 from BFG.

mpoberg 02-18-2013 06:50 PM

Do you already have new wheels? They dont look like oem wheels? If you do have custom wheels you can get any with you want. ;)

Steve07jk 02-18-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoberg
Do you already have new wheels? They dont look like oem wheels? If you do have custom wheels you can get any with you want. ;)

Well they are custom wheels. Just the 17x8

mpoberg 02-19-2013 06:07 AM

Do they make the tires stick out any more than the stock ones? Look them up and find out what back spacing they have. You may be able to get any size 33s you want. ;)

XJtoJK 02-19-2013 09:45 AM

Chances are since you have aftermarket wheels you have backspacing that is going to be in your favor, therefore you can run just about any size tire you'd like. I've seen guys put 37's on stock JKs, I'm not saying I recommend this, I'm just saying I've seen it done.

Typically 33's/35's are the norm but it depends on what you plan on doing with your rig.

Steve07jk 02-19-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJtoJK
Chances are since you have aftermarket wheels you have backspacing that is going to be in your favor, therefore you can run just about any size tire you'd like. I've seen guys put 37's on stock JKs, I'm not saying I recommend this, I'm just saying I've seen it done.

Typically 33's/35's are the norm but it depends on what you plan on doing with your rig.

Thanks.

Steve07jk 02-19-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoberg
Do they make the tires stick out any more than the stock ones? Look them up and find out what back spacing they have. You may be able to get any size 33s you want. ;)

No they stick out the same

mpoberg 02-19-2013 01:55 PM

Well. Find out what you have and we can go from there ;)

Steve07jk 02-19-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoberg
Well. Find out what you have and we can go from there ;)

I believe it's a 10 offset

mpoberg 02-19-2013 02:11 PM

We want to know the back spacing. Size and width can also play a role. So you have a 17x? With a ?.?? BS? Then we can figure things out. ;) or wheel brand and we can see if we can find out. Post a good pick of wheel and tell me who made it. ;)

Steve07jk 02-19-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoberg
We want to know the back spacing. Size and width can also play a role. So you have a 17x? With a ?.?? BS? Then we can figure things out. ;) or wheel brand and we can see if we can find out. Post a good pick of wheel and tell me who made it. ;)

It's a 17x8 ultra crusher. 10mm offset. And 4.92 back spacing

mpoberg 02-19-2013 02:36 PM

The fronts may rub if you go 12.5 wide. You really want about 4.5-4.75 range bs. But you should be cool with the 275s or 285s ;) or in us size 10.5 or 11.5 wide

Steve07jk 02-19-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoberg
The fronts may rub if you go 12.5 wide. You really want about 4.5-4.75 range bs. But you should be cool with the 275s or 285s ;) or in us size 10.5 or 11.5 wide

Thanks yea I was thinking 285s

mpoberg 02-20-2013 06:33 AM

When they put them on just do a good parking lot test with full sharp turns. ;)

Steve07jk 02-21-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoberg
When they put them on just do a good parking lot test with full sharp turns. ;)

Yea of course


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.