Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   Braided brake lines (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/braided-brake-lines-220022.html)

tailhole 02-17-2013 09:51 AM

Braided brake lines

Is there any braided brake lines for rear disk out there. Blaine?
If anyone knows you would.

doclouie 02-17-2013 10:39 AM

If you see how the brake line is routed you will see that you do not need to replace the rear line even with a large lift. Jump under the Jeep and you will alsee what i mean.

tailhole 02-17-2013 11:10 AM

I know.
Really don't need any for the rear.
But I have them on the front and rear. Just not the little short ones one the ends.
And they feel left out.

I can't find any. Maybe no one makes them.

Jerry Bransford 02-17-2013 11:38 AM

No one makes them because they're not needed in the rear.

Black Magic Brakes 02-17-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailhole (Post 3380186)
I know.
Really don't need any for the rear.
But I have them on the front and rear. Just not the little short ones one the ends.
And they feel left out.

I can't find any. Maybe no one makes them.

Depends, are your flex hoses able to be removed from the hard lines?

If not, then it isn't very clean looking to run long flex line from the T block over to each caliper. If you can remove them, then getting some short ones made and adapting them to the hard line and banjo fitting isn't that difficult.

For the record, my line of choice when it is up to me are the Currie rear flex hoses for the disc brakes they sell. Good quality, just about the right length and able to be adapted to most anything resembling calipers on the rear axle.

Yes to your other question, those parts will work fine.

emarlowe39 02-17-2013 04:11 PM

If you are interested in a set, I can make them for ya. I'm a brakequip dealer, google and check the website. Then if you are interested contact me J.P.M. Hydraulics inc, I have a website as well. My name is Eric give me a ring and I can go into detail what I can make for you.

Eric

tailhole 02-17-2013 07:26 PM

Yea. I have a short flexible line about 8in long from the caliper to the hard line. That is attached with a bracket at the spring pad.

tailhole 02-17-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emarlowe39
If you are interested in a set, I can make them for ya. I'm a brakequip dealer, google and check the website. Then if you are interested contact me J.P.M. Hydraulics inc, I have a website as well. My name is Eric give me a ring and I can go into detail what I can make for you.

Eric

Cool. I may just do that.
I called a buddy that makes up hyd hoses. But he said he didn't have any ends or a cheep way of getting the stainless line.

tailhole 02-17-2013 07:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 211111

Attachment 211113

tailhole 02-17-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emarlowe39

Eric

Cool. Y'all can do colors too