Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   Dynatrac build quote, good or bad (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/dynatrac-build-quote-good-or-bad-220028.html)

chrisfp88 02-17-2013 10:12 AM

Dynatrac build quote, good or bad

So this is the quote I got from Crazy Eds Performance. He's a Dynatrac dealer here in town.
"I spoke with OX and the ProRock cover needed is about a week out still on this batch. However I can give you a quote as needed.
Electric shifted pro rock 44 OX locker system with 36" cable, Poly Performance ball joints, YUKON gears, Full master bearing and seal kit, BUILT TO SPEC with you providing a yoke for your driveshaft (or I can source one) will be $2150 from me. thats all the parts and the labor too.
If your ready to go on this let me know and we can get the ball rolling."

Does this seem like a fair deal. I have the ProRock housing, and shafts, but nothing else.

Justin04Lj 02-17-2013 11:11 AM

Actually sounds like a good deal to me

jagerhelix 02-17-2013 12:00 PM

Is that just building the axle or putting it under your Jeep too?

chrisfp88 02-17-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagerhelix
Is that just building the axle or putting it under your Jeep too?

Both.

jagerhelix 02-17-2013 12:03 PM

Actually sounds pretty good then

chrisfp88 02-17-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagerhelix
Actually sounds pretty good then

Ya I think so too. I can't afford to lock the rear at the moment so I asked him about doing that later on and he said he doesn't think it will be too hard or expensive. Funny though. I'll have a locked front.

Rooster454 02-17-2013 01:30 PM

If you're going to regear the rear separate let me know. I found a guy with a small fab business about 40 miles north of Denver that does gears and he only charges $160 per axle, plus $80 for locker install at the same time.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll give you his number

chrisfp88 02-17-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster454 (Post 3380619)
If you're going to regear the rear separate let me know. I found a guy with a small fab business about 40 miles north of Denver that does gears and he only charges $160 per axle, plus $80 for locker install at the same time.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll give you his number

how's the quality of his work? I thought you had to regear both axles at the same time? I have to lock the front with the ProRock housing, I was gonna lock the rear later on because I don't have another thousand to drop on a locker purchase right now.

Rooster454 02-17-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfp88 (Post 3380635)
how's the quality of his work? I thought you had to regear both axles at the same time? I have to lock the front with the ProRock housing, I was gonna lock the rear later on because I don't have another thousand to drop on a locker purchase right now.

I misunderstood what you were saying I think. Technically you could regear the front only and take your front driveshaft off and then regear the rear, but that may be more work than you want to get into.

Nevermind, I misread what you were saying

chrisfp88 02-17-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster454 (Post 3380642)
I misunderstood what you were saying I think. Technically you could regear the front only and take your front driveshaft off and then regear the rear, but that may be more work than you want to get into.

Nevermind, I misread what you were saying

That's ok bud. :thumb: Ya considering I probably won't lock the rear until mid summer/early fall I would prefer to keep the front driveshaft on, or I could always be tough and try all the trails in rear wheel drive....:rofl:

Rooster454 02-17-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfp88 (Post 3380660)
That's ok bud. :thumb: Ya considering I probably won't lock the rear until mid summer/early fall I would prefer to keep the front driveshaft on, or I could always be tough and try all the trails in rear wheel drive....:rofl:

Yeah you could do that. Well either way, I bet he charges less than most people to install a locker so you could always save some money there

chrisfp88 02-17-2013 02:07 PM

Ya thanks man. That may help a lot.