Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   SAN DIEGO-pancake rock 2/23 sat (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/san-diego-pancake-rock-2-23-sat-220143.html)

SlowThrills 02-17-2013 06:19 PM

SAN DIEGO-pancake rock 2/23 sat
 
Hey I'm doing a run to pancake rock this sat 2/23 everyone is welcome to join!!

SlowThrills 02-17-2013 10:46 PM

Bump

SlowThrills 02-19-2013 01:52 AM

No takers. I guess San Diego is too far for my people but I was hoping to meet new faces too. Well it will be a blast

87octane 02-19-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowThrills (Post 3388667)
No takers. I guess San Diego is too far for my people but I was hoping to meet new faces too. Well it will be a blast

Where is pancake rock?

87octane 02-19-2013 08:41 AM

I looked it up which is what I should have done first. LOL. It looks closer to S.D. than Coral Canyon. How does it compare to Corral Canyon? Terrain looks similar online.

SlowThrills 02-19-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87octane
I looked it up which is what I should have done first. LOL. It looks closer to S.D. than Coral Canyon. How does it compare to Corral Canyon? Terrain looks similar online.

Its my first time on it but my brother and a Tacoma and Samarai went last weekend and are coming this sat from what I believe you take corral cnyn to four corners and it leads to pancake rock it's this huge steep rock thats super sticky and u take it up a few hundred feet to the top it's really. Cool YouTube has some great pics of the Project JK guys run like 20 jeeps or so doing it.

87octane 02-19-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowThrills (Post 3389833)

Its my first time on it but my brother and a Tacoma and Samarai went last weekend and are coming this sat from what I believe you take corral cnyn to four corners and it leads to pancake rock it's this huge steep rock thats super sticky and u take it up a few hundred feet to the top it's really. Cool YouTube has some great pics of the Project JK guys run like 20 jeeps or so doing it.

There is a group on Jeep Forum doing Corral Canyon on Sat. (2 for one run if its close). I haven't wheeled with Jeep Forum members yet but I can assume some people like me are double agents. Wrangler Forum has AWESOME people so I would expect local Jeep forum would be the same quality.

If the rain and snow don't get too crazy I might be interested.

I am going to do more homework on locations of the 2 places

SlowThrills 02-19-2013 04:53 PM

Location is honey springs south of pine valley. I'll have directions and meeting place soon. Start time 8am

SlowThrills 02-20-2013 01:03 AM

Nice ya I won't do snow anymore and I live below Big Bear but I hate it lol

87octane 02-20-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowThrills (Post 3393809)
Nice ya I won't do snow anymore and I live below Big Bear but I hate it lol

Here is the Pine Valley Weather report. I am not going to chance taking a mud bath so I am out for wheeling this weekend

http://www.localconditions.com/weath...2/forecast.php

Lyonpride 02-20-2013 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We had snow here in PV today. It will take a few days to dry out might be a bit wet in some places but should be fairly dry. I work on Saturdays so let me know on ya do a run on a Sunday.

SlowThrills 02-21-2013 12:44 AM

Thanks for that info ya we will have to do a sun run

87octane 02-21-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyonpride (Post 3398405)
We had snow here in PV today. It will take a few days to dry out might be a bit wet in some places but should be fairly dry. I work on Saturdays so let me know on ya do a run on a Sunday.

Cool photo. Thanks for the info.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.