Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Jeepers in their 20s (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/jeepers-in-their-20s-220301.html)

Bu11et 02-18-2013 12:44 PM

Jeepers in their 20s
 
I'm looking to get into a local club or group of guys my own age to wheel with. Does anyone knows of a club in the IE with mostly members in their 20s? Or if your reading this wondering the same thing, lets plan a run.
Thanks for any info

Bu11et 02-18-2013 12:48 PM

Ha I meant, does anyone know of a club... Damn tiny letters on this phone

Mavrick243 02-18-2013 01:34 PM

Hey someone else by age! Haha Im 25. I dont know of any clubs. If I have the time/money im always up for a run. Im sure we could get a few other people are age. I have to say though the runs I've gone on from here have been great and I've made some really good friends from thus site. Look forward to meeting and wheeling with you.

RadarRob2012 02-18-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243
Hey someone else by age! Haha Im 25. I dont know of any clubs. If I have the time/money im always up for a run. Im sure we could get a few other people are age. I have to say though the runs I've gone on from here have been great and I've made some really good friends from thus site. Look forward to meeting and wheeling with you.

I only act like I'm in my twenties. 49 next month. Lol

Bu11et 02-18-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243
Hey someone else by age! Haha Im 25. I dont know of any clubs. If I have the time/money im always up for a run. Im sure we could get a few other people are age. I have to say though the runs I've gone on from here have been great and I've made some really good friends from thus site. Look forward to meeting and wheeling with you.

Ya sounds good, maybe we can go on a run sometime soon. I've been on a few of the runs on here and ya everyone is pretty cool. I am going to try to make the meet & greet. Would b nice to have a few local friends to just throw a last min trip together every now and then.

JoeDoogN 02-18-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bu11et
I'm looking to get into a local club or group of guys my own age to wheel with. Does anyone knows of a club in the IE with mostly members in their 20s? Or if your reading this wondering the same thing, lets plan a run.
Thanks for any info

22 right here!

Bu11et 02-18-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDoogN

22 right here!

Let's go wheeling. Are you going to the meet & greet?

JoeDoogN 02-18-2013 02:47 PM

Let's go! What part of San Bernardino are you from??

And which meet and greet? Haven't seen the thread.

Mavrick243 02-18-2013 03:14 PM

I wont be making the meet and greet as im going to the celebration back on the rocks.
But always good to have local jeep friends!

Bu11et 02-18-2013 03:21 PM

We can always plan something local. The meet & greet @ Calico. Search the Cali forums for info, I'm still trying to decide if I'm going. I'm in the north part of San Bernardino, near highland.

JoeDoogN 02-18-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bu11et
We can always plan something local. The meet & greet @ Calico. Search the Cali forums for info, I'm still trying to decide if I'm going. I'm in the north part of San Bernardino, near highland.

Yeah just got done looking over it, it was in the sticky section. Sounds like a blast, and a huge event but ill have to check my schedule.

Oh nice! I'm near cal state.

Bu11et 02-18-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDoogN

Yeah just got done looking over it, it was in the sticky section. Sounds like a blast, and a huge event but ill have to check my schedule.

Oh nice! I'm near cal state.

Ok we r close. I'm like 10 mins from Cal State. I was just driving around in the hills behind there last weekend.

Bu11et 02-18-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243
I wont be making the meet and greet as im going to the celebration back on the rocks.
But always good to have local jeep friends!

Ya I saw that to but figured it was to much for my rig, I'm still stock.

JoeDoogN 02-18-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bu11et

Ok we r close. I'm like 10 mins from Cal State. I was just driving around in the hills behind there last weekend.

Yeah that's me about every Sunday, there or shandin hills/ lil mountain.
Cool little trails an close by.
We have cleghorn really close to us as well, was just there yesterday.

Mavrick243 02-18-2013 06:34 PM

I'm in ventura, so cleghorn is a little distance from me but i would be willing to drive out, i've never ran it before.

JoeDoogN 02-18-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243
I'm in ventura, so cleghorn is a little distance from me but i would be willing to drive out, i've never ran it before.

Wow yeah that's a bit of a drive, but it's definitely a fun run.
Maybe we'll set something up for one of these weekends

Bu11et 02-18-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDoogN

Wow yeah that's a bit of a drive, but it's definitely a fun run.
Maybe we'll set something up for one of these weekends

I've ran Cleaghorn a few times. I'm definitely down for a run if you guys wanna plan 1. Do you guys have a cb radio?

Moabrubi 02-18-2013 07:42 PM

I'm not 20 yet do I belong in here? :whistling: I go to CSUSB and always stare at the trails on the hills hehe.

Bu11et 02-18-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabrubi
I'm not 20 yet do I belong in here? :whistling: I go to CSUSB and always stare at the trails on the hills hehe.

Lol ya it's cool. I'm just looking for guys in the same age range with common interest.

Idriveoverstuff 02-18-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bu11et
I'm looking to get into a local club or group of guys my own age to wheel with. Does anyone knows of a club in the IE with mostly members in their 20s? Or if your reading this wondering the same thing, lets plan a run.
Thanks for any info

Hey me and my wife are 27 in hb. Looking to start a club maybe. What do ya think?

Idriveoverstuff 02-18-2013 09:13 PM

Also I've got some great trails on the list. There is a run this Sunday in big bear. Come along! Look it up, it's posted "big bear Sunday feb 24" or something.

Mavrick243 02-18-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bu11et (Post 3386633)
I've ran Cleaghorn a few times. I'm definitely down for a run if you guys wanna plan 1. Do you guys have a cb radio?

Yep, one of the first things I got haha.

Idriveoverstuff 02-18-2013 09:52 PM

Yea I also have my amateur radio license, or "ham" radio license. Range is basically unlimited and no big bulky radio that I can't find a place to put ha

Mavrick243 02-18-2013 09:54 PM

Hey Idriveoverstuff- I finally posted the directions to the off road area i know about in bass on your thread asking about it

Bu11et 02-18-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff

Hey me and my wife are 27 in hb. Looking to start a club maybe. What do ya think?

Sounds pretty good to me. I'll check that run info you mentioned, I may be installing an exhaust that weekend I'll see.

Moabrubi 02-18-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff (Post 3387590)
Yea I also have my amateur radio license, or "ham" radio license. Range is basically unlimited and no big bulky radio that I can't find a place to put ha

I have CB and Ham antennas on the Jeep. I just haven't had the time to get my license :whistling:. Need to figure out a better way to mount my tri bander on the Jeep too.

Moabrubi 02-18-2013 11:34 PM

Since many of you mentioned you lived near Cal State have any of you ever taken Badger Cyn rd/ Cloudland truck trail? it looks like a neat trail from the campus and according to Google maps comes out at Hwy 18.

Rough Stuff at Badger Canyon road to Cloudland truck trail - YouTube

Seems like a neat little road to go play on. Not sure how long it is.

Bu11et 02-19-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabrubi
Since many of you mentioned you lived near Cal State have any of you ever taken Badger Cyn rd/ Cloudland truck trail? it looks like a neat trail from the campus and according to Google maps comes out at Hwy 18.

Rough Stuff at Badger Canyon road to Cloudland truck trail - YouTube

Seems like a neat little road to go play on. Not sure how long it is.

Never been, I'll have to check that out.

SlowThrills 02-19-2013 02:51 AM

25 what up doin a run to pancake rock in San Diego this sat come out lil rock crawling lots of trail driving and 1 giant rock to conquer at the finish line

Idriveoverstuff 02-19-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabrubi

I have CB and Ham antennas on the Jeep. I just haven't had the time to get my license :whistling:. Need to figure out a better way to mount my tri bander on the Jeep too.

I can give you a hand if you want, I have an all band and the radio sits under the seat and the face plate just sticks off the side of the center console.. Plug in an external speaker and your set. If your with someone with their license you can transmit. I've met official FCC observers and people DO get fined for transmitting with no license but its super easy to get and is only 15 bucks for 10 years. I love it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.