Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   "Silly" things people have said about your Jeep. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/silly-things-people-have-said-about-your-jeep-220875.html)

4x4Kevin4x4 02-20-2013 02:50 PM

"Silly" things people have said about your Jeep.
 
Couple days after I bought my JKU.

Neighbor- "Very nice. That's one of those new mini Hummers. Right?"

12CrushRubi 02-20-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4Kevin4x4
Couple days after I bought my JKU.

Neighbor- "Very nice. That's one of those new mini Hummers. Right?"

Did you promptly drive over top of their car?? Lol

relyt 02-20-2013 02:55 PM

I had a girl come up and tell me she really liked my new Hummer. I quickly found someone else to talk to.

whetstone 02-20-2013 02:58 PM

Someone looked at my lifted, muddy jeep and asked me if I've ever taken it off road..

Sueby 02-20-2013 03:03 PM

I went through the drive thru at the pharmacy doorless - the girl asked me if it came with doors or not! I told her no, they were extra & I couldn't afford them & that it was gonna suck when winter came.

JKNoor 02-20-2013 03:04 PM

I walk out of the gym last night (perfect timing) and a towtruck is backed up to my jeep waiting to hook it up and I ask the WTF hes doing and his response " you called about a Hummer H3 that wont start right "

i82much 02-20-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 3396163)
I went through the drive thru at the pharmacy doorless - the girl asked me if it came with doors or not! I told her no, they were extra & I couldn't afford them & that it was gonna suck when winter came.

Seems like maybe the pharmacy isn't her only drug-related activity.

Sueby 02-20-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i82much

Seems like maybe the pharmacy isn't her only drug-related activity.

Lol! Scary that she's dispensing drugs!

AgBullet 02-20-2013 03:22 PM

Based on the confusion between Jeeps and H3s mentioned above, I'd have to say the silliest question I've been asked is: "Why didn't you get the color matched hard top?"

Mntdriver 02-20-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgBullet
Based on the confusion between Jeeps and H3s mentioned above, I'd have to say the silliest question I've been asked is: "Why didn't you get the color matched hard top?"

You could have responded that a lot of us owners have the color matched hard top. We like ours!

4x4Kevin4x4 02-20-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12CrushRubi (Post 3396108)
Did you promptly drive over top of their car?? Lol

LoL

4x4Kevin4x4 02-20-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whetstone (Post 3396134)
Someone looked at my lifted, muddy jeep and asked me if I've ever taken it off road..

:banghead:

kenb1023 02-20-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whetstone (Post 3396134)
Someone looked at my lifted, muddy jeep and asked me if I've ever taken it off road..

You should have said "No, I take a bucket of mud and spread it all over so I can wash it off. Here's your sign"

Jdpatt12 02-20-2013 03:39 PM

About a week after I got my gecko a person in the fast food drive thru said "You glow" referring to my jeep on the monitor.

michiganadam 02-20-2013 03:41 PM

Like the day after i bought it some idiot in a ford pickup tried to make fun of me after i intentionally spun my tires on ice in a parking lot to make sure i was in 2wd. "whatcha got, a 4 cylinder?". Wtf?

People keep asking me why i dont have a hard top. Im like, cause i didnt want one....

People ask why my 96 sebring doesnt have a hard top. Im like ummmm they dont exist.......

Gladi8r 02-20-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relyt (Post 3396126)
I had a girl come up and tell me she really liked my new Hummer. I quickly found someone else to talk to.

I thought you were going to say you had girl come up & offer you a ? :hide:

Thorshammer7 02-20-2013 03:43 PM

Mines been called a "hummer wannabe".:rolleyes:

jkjeeper06 02-20-2013 03:52 PM

My girlfriends dad: I never realized how tall or how big your tires were until you parked next to my pilot. It always seemed tiny

ElectricJay 02-20-2013 04:01 PM

I have an eight year old daughter and she she had a rapid growth spurt since last fall. (she grew over 2 inches) We have made several comments about it lately. I put a 2.5" TF lift on my JKU (Gertie) a couple of weeks ago. Last week, as my daughter was climbing into my Jeep, she said " Daddy, I'm not very happy about Gerties's Growth spurt! " Hilarious!!! :rofl:

Espada 02-20-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 3396163)
I went through the drive thru at the pharmacy doorless - the girl asked me if it came with doors or not! I told her no, they were extra & I couldn't afford them & that it was gonna suck when winter came.

L.O.L. X 1000

That is all.

4x4Kevin4x4 02-20-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricJay (Post 3396435)
I have an eight year old daughter and she she had a rapid growth spurt since last fall. (she grew over 2 inches) We have made several comments about it lately. I put a 2.5" TF lift on my JKU (Gertie) a couple of weeks ago. Last week, as my daughter was climbing into my Jeep, she said " Daddy, I'm not very happy about Gerties's Growth spurt! " Hilarious!!! :rofl:

That is hilarious. Kids can be so funny.

ColoRubicon 02-20-2013 05:10 PM

I am surprised how many people don't know the top comes off. When I say "I can't wait for it to warm up so I can take the top off" they keep replying..."OH I didn't know the top came off of this one!!!!" Really?

I did have one friend say "so um WHY did you want one of these?" Had to laugh!

COStrider 02-20-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby
I went through the drive thru at the pharmacy doorless - the girl asked me if it came with doors or not! I told her no, they were extra & I couldn't afford them & that it was gonna suck when winter came.

Ahahahahahahaahaahahaha

COStrider 02-20-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKNoor
I walk out of the gym last night (perfect timing) and a towtruck is backed up to my jeep waiting to hook it up and I ask the WTF hes doing and his response " you called about a Hummer H3 that wont start right "

Classic. Wish you had that on video!

Chief301 02-20-2013 05:57 PM

"It has a 4-cylinder, huh? That's good, you must get pretty good gas mileage"

Lynskey 02-20-2013 06:09 PM

My buddy asked "Who gets a Jeep where the top can't come off"? It was the first matching color top he had seen on a Wrangler....

Frogy 02-20-2013 06:10 PM

How about

Isn't it cold in the winter?

Or when the top is down

What do you do when it rains

My response

Roll the windows up

GunToter 02-20-2013 06:31 PM

"I didnt know there were 2 door Jeeps" :facepalm:
My response "Where have you been for the last 66 years?


People calling my soft top a "tarp"


At a stoplight by a lady in minivan "Hey, what happened to your doors?"
My response: "Fell off a few miles back"

My all time favorite, I was walking to my Jeep from a store, guy and his wife were locking up their FJ and walking past my Jeep. The wife looked at mine and said to her hubby "You shoulda bought one of those instead". The guy had that 'I know but cant admit I was wrong' look on his face :punk:

joeymon1 02-20-2013 06:39 PM

"Consumer Reports says Jeeps have a rough ride and they are not dependable"

Paul04tj 02-20-2013 08:01 PM

Whats "MOB" (with a long O)

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...21213-1542.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.