Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cleveland99 
#1 ·
going to do zone 3 inch lift on my 99 sahara and get some 33 when my 31 go bad is this possible without regear

#2 ·
Yes, just depending on your drivetrain, it could be slow and get horrible gas mileage. or it could be some what decent, but putting bigger tires will affect gas mileage and power and torque. Being a Sahara, you should have the 4.0, so do you have an auto or standard trans? and what rear axle do you have? If you have an auto you more than likely have 3.55 gears which you should be ok, but again gas mileage wont be that great and getting up to speed might take a while on the highway. If you have a standard trans, then you should have either 3.07 or 3.73s, if you have 3.73s, you wont really have any issues, if you have 3.07s, its going to be a dog to get it up to speed on the highway, but itll manage. In any case, regearing would help to save gas mileage and have it to be able to drive like if it were factory, but it is not a neccesity for 33s.

#3 ·
If you plan on offloading, do the zone combo kit. And regearing isn't really necessary unless you have the 3.07's. It'd be nice, but not immediately needed.

#5 ·
I have the same setup essentially that your talking about with 33s and 3.07s with the 32rh auto. If you have this setup it's definitely manageable. I have pulled as high as 18 mpg on the highway. Normally around 15. I can get up to speed and maintain fairly well except the steepest. I have to drive them at like 55.

#6 ·
It's the exact same 3" suspension lift you want with a 1.25" bl and 1" mml. Gives you more clearance for 33's or with new fenders and other upgrades 35's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.