Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/)
-   -   Something is wrong here!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/something-is-wrong-here-221365.html)

FireMike 02-22-2013 04:21 PM

Something is wrong here!!!

So I was up at browns today with a friend of mine and we were on firebreak five having a jolly time! As I go down the trail I start to hear this terrible grinding sound coming from the front passenger side. Get out and look to find a busted lower control arm!! That just made my day a giant pain in the ass!! I limped back home at 30 mph but that was better than the tow cost would be I guess.

Anyway wanted to get some input from you guys on what lower control arms to replace the POS teraflex LCAs with? I was looking at some of the Currie Johnny Joints? Are they worth the extra cost? Any other suggestions?

FireMike 02-22-2013 04:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures!

IslandTJ 02-22-2013 05:07 PM

Any of the Johnny Joint types: Currie, Savvy, or Rokman would likely be your last control arm due to their quality and durability.

FireMike 02-22-2013 05:12 PM

Are they easy to install? Just pop the old one off and put on the new? Any adjusting sense they are adjustable?

skjeeper 02-22-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandTJ
Any of the Johnny Joint types: Currie, Savvy, or Rokman would likely be your last control arm due to their quality and durability.

Yeah I run currie control arms and they are the bomb! You can grease them and rebuild them if you have to. Ergo the last control arms you will have to buy:)
Sorry to hear about the busted LCA....

skjeeper 02-22-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireMike
Are they easy to install? Just pop the old one off and put on the new? Any adjusting sense they are adjustable?

They are adjustable to help you dial in the right pinion angle for whatever lift/suspension you ride at. You would have to just make it the same length as your current control arms. But they are nice since you can keep them if you lift more with a short arm lift strategy. All you will have to do then is just dial in/out more when the time comes.

FireMike 02-22-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjeeper (Post 3406434)
Yeah I run currie control arms and they are the bomb! You can grease them and rebuild them if you have to. Ergo the last control arms you will have to buy:)
Sorry to hear about the busted LCA....

It's alright lol. Was gonna buy a locker but this kinda takes precedence. Thanks for the help! I'm gonna go with currie, have yet to hear bad reviews!

skjeeper 02-22-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireMike

It's alright lol. Was gonna buy a locker but this kinda takes precedence. Thanks for the help! I'm gonna go with currie, have yet to hear bad reviews!

Yeah it's the Johnny joint that you want. So currie, rockmen, and savvy all sell control arms with them. I don't know who has the best price.