Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Thinking of getting a 2013 Wrangler,what should I watch for? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/thinking-of-getting-a-2013-wrangler-what-should-i-watch-for-221423.html)

TX95YJ 02-22-2013 09:35 PM

Thinking of getting a 2013 Wrangler,what should I watch for?

Hello, thinking of getting a new Wrangler. I currently own a 95 YJ and its rough on the old man. I don't drive it everyday,I have a F250 that I do most of my driving in. Just wanting something else to drive that's not 22ft long and really difficult to park. I love the way my old jeep gets in the tightest places and the turning radius is great. I test drove a new Wrangler the other day and they have really come a long way since 1995. Just wanted to know what to look for before I buy. Any defects? Trouble with certain colors? Options? I'm thinking of a Sahara because of the standard options that come with that model. I do want hard top, auto trans, A/C, NAV, power win/locks,connectivity group, and leather. Any other options should I add? What rear end should I get? Limited slip? Trailer package?
Thanks

Txrdstr 02-22-2013 10:05 PM

No big items to look out for so far, was a glitch in the left head tht was corrected mid 2012. Def go 373 gears with max tow pkg not only for towing but so not searching for gears as much while cruising at 75 in hilly areas.

RoadiJeff 02-23-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX95YJ (Post 3407324)
I'm thinking of a Sahara because of the standard options that come with that model. I do want hard top, auto trans, A/C, NAV, power win/locks,connectivity group, and leather. Any other options should I add? What rear end should I get? Limited slip? Trailer package?
Thanks

We bought our 2013 Sahara with the exact same options, except for the leather. The embroidered stitching on the Sahara cloth seats looks nice though.

Ours came with the 3.21 gearing. Since we are never going to get the tires dirty from taking it off-road there wasn't a need for it. It also has the limited slip rear axle and trailer tow package. Wife says she might use the tow for camping, although we don't have anything to tow yet.

Anyway, no regrets for what we bought. It seems that most bugs from earlier years have been ironed out in the 2013 Wranglers that were built after September 2012.

Tweak 02-23-2013 09:23 AM

make sure the window hinge covers for your hard top are installed solidly, one of mine fell off leaving the lot.

TX95YJ 02-24-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweak (Post 3408925)
make sure the window hinge covers for your hard top are installed solidly, one of mine fell off leaving the lot.

Where are those located? What should I look for?
Thanks

mckey73 02-24-2013 02:09 AM

Get the max tow package, 3.21 gears don't do much for you - especially if you ever wanna put bigger tires on. I just reread your post and if you are adding all that you might want to seriously consider the Rubicon, really.

edit: Send and email to pat@fieldsjeep, he is a vendor here and has darn good prices w/o haggling.