Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Got her a little stuck today (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/got-her-a-little-stuck-today-222016.html)

Sasquatchewan 02-24-2013 07:52 PM

Got her a little stuck today
 
1 Attachment(s)
Had a good time at down south Offroad park lots of trails & mud got mine stuck I might could have dogged in out of there but chose to winch out the winched out the next guy .

traitor08 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Fairly deep looking. Notice the tires you have dont look like they clean out well. If that is the type of terrain you typically have, may want a dedicated mud tire.

Sasquatchewan 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Got her stuck first time
 
I might could have powered through but chose to winch out then had to get the next guy out fun times

SilverSport 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Keeps you in practice using the winch.

Mule75 02-24-2013 08:05 PM

Hey looks like you were having fun, nice to see people out using their jeeps the way the were intended.

Sasquatchewan 02-24-2013 08:06 PM

If I floor it enough they clean out ok I didn't spin them much because I was hi centered so I winched here

Sasquatchewan 02-24-2013 08:13 PM

This guy stuck it

Sasquatchewan 02-24-2013 08:14 PM

Lots of trails

Sasquatchewan 02-24-2013 08:19 PM

The group I wheeled with

GunToter 02-24-2013 08:56 PM

I always thought that was for ATVs. Might have to go check it out one day.

Sasquatchewan 02-24-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunToter (Post 3415744)
I always thought that was for ATVs. Might have to go check it out one day.

No it's for both lots of different types of trails

Blastek 02-24-2013 10:01 PM

hey, if it didn't get stuck, you wouldn't have taken that sweet pic of your jeep :)

Duckquackers 02-25-2013 07:27 AM

Looking good, hope to be out there in the next few weeks.

Sasquatchewan 02-25-2013 12:22 PM

Well it was good & muddy after heavy rains 3 or 4 days ago

ko26 02-25-2013 04:17 PM

When it hasn't just rained is this place fairly dry? I'm sure there's some mud at all times but if I wanted to spend a full day there & not drive through mud is that possible?

Sasquatchewan 02-26-2013 12:24 AM

I've heard that you could but this is my first time

bullcrew 02-26-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasquatchewan (Post 3415473)
If I floor it enough they clean out ok I didn't spin them much because I was hi centered so I winched here

I think he means they have no shoulder lugs or void between the tread to allow for bite and when even after spinning them clean there's just no bite there from lugs and void.
All terrains and road tires are not good in the mud or rocks.

Either way that's a sloppy stuck congrats lol always fun to go play.

Sasquatchewan 02-26-2013 10:12 AM

Well I know they looked like all terrain tires in the mud but they are mud terrain tires with very close treads .

Casotakar1229 02-26-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasquatchewan (Post 3415395)
Had a good time at down south Offroad park lots of trails & mud got mine stuck I might could have dogged in out of there but chose to winch out the winched out the next guy .

What kind of winch you running on that XHD? Nice pic! :thumb:

Jeeperz Creeperz 02-26-2013 03:29 PM

Here's an inexperienced mudder question:

With that much mud and muck, do you have to take your brakes apart to properly clean them to prevent damage? I mean more than a hose rinse of? Any other tips?

Thanks.

Wondertwin1 02-26-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasquatchewan
Well I know they looked like all terrain tires in the mud but they are mud terrain tires with very close treads .

Tread weights? Gaurd dog MT's are AT's with taller lugs. You would have been better off with something like the backbone or howler. THOSE are mud tires. You have a glorified AT my friend. Still great tires from what I've heard. And probably more for what you need I imagine.

Sasquatchewan 02-27-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 (Post 3422920)
What kind of winch you running on that XHD? Nice pic! :thumb:

Superwinch 9.0EI works great

Sasquatchewan 02-27-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeperz Creeperz (Post 3423898)
Here's an inexperienced mudder question:

With that much mud and muck, do you have to take your brakes apart to properly clean them to prevent damage? I mean more than a hose rinse of? Any other tips?

Thanks.

No you don't have to take them apart I use a electric pressure washer .

Sasquatchewan 02-27-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondertwin1 (Post 3423936)
Tread weights? Gaurd dog MT's are AT's with taller lugs. You would have been better off with something like the backbone or howler. THOSE are mud tires. You have a glorified AT my friend. Still great tires from what I've heard. And probably more for what you need I imagine.

Yeah they came on this rig & I know all about them you wouldn't believe the mud they pulled through they went everywhere the other guys went with more aggressive mud tires . I have a 97 TJ with TTC BaJa claws & it does just as good my son's 98 TJ has nitto Mud grapplers & that's what I will go with when I replace these because they shovel the mud better than most what do you run ?

Wondertwin1 02-27-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasquatchewan

Yeah they came on this rig & I know all about them you wouldn't believe the mud they pulled through they went everywhere the other guys went with more aggressive mud tires . I have a 97 TJ with TTC BaJa claws & it does just as good my son's 98 TJ has nitto Mud grapplers & that's what I will go with when I replace these because they shovel the mud better than most what do you run ?

I'm still on the tires that came on my jeep. My next set will probably be interco SSM16's or a treadwright mud tire. All depending on weight. Mud grapplers are great, but stupid expensive.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.