Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   CT: 2013 MOAB Factory wheels and rims 2 day limit! ! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/2013-moab-factory-wheels-and-rims-2-day-limit-223852.html)

Guns Up-USMC 02-27-2013 11:20 AM

2013 MOAB Factory wheels and rims 2 day limit! !
 
Hey all I work at a dealership and a customer got a lift and bigger tires on his 2013 MOAB.It had a total of 3 miles on it all factory.So I have a set of 5 MOAB wheels I had purchased from the customer which I had originally intended on putting them on my own 2012 JK but due to financial constraints they are for sale.

Let my loss be a gain for you.These are a great set.

My asking price is $2,000 flat.I can meet you half way or you can come pick them up.PM me if you are interested or post on the thread.

Location is in Fairfield County Connecticut.First come first serve.Cash only.

Thank you

http://i53.tinypic.com/10e1ymx.jpg

conn_air7 02-27-2013 11:32 AM

Bought 5 of these wheels and rubicon tires with 2500 miles on them for $850. Maybe I just got a steal though... GLWS

Guns Up-USMC 02-27-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conn_air7 (Post 3427883)
Bought 5 of these wheels and rubicon tires with 2500 miles on them for $850. Maybe I just got a steal though... GLWS

Nice grab if I was looking at buying used tires I would recommend that.This is for buyers who want a new set not pre-owned.These are factory never seen road miles.From the factory to the dealership and in the show room.

Comparing apples n apples when this set has never had a bite taken out of it.

Guns Up-USMC 02-27-2013 02:54 PM

Ok so I got an invoice $296 each tire and $590 for each rim.With sales tax of 281.31 the total is $4,711.31 (including CT sales tax) for the set of 5 for any customer that would be the price.

I'm offering it for $2,000 these are brand spankin new tires 3 miles straight from the factory and in our show room.

Here is the invoice on the tires.(save the image for better resolution)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2prb39u.jpg

Cosmic Charlie 02-27-2013 04:50 PM

Wow, Chrysler thinks those wheels are worth $590 new? I mean, Mopar parts are gravely overpriced in general, but $590 each? I'm sorry but there is nothing special about those things...that is ludacris.

In a 5 minute Google search, I found these same tires, shipped, for $200 each and the wheels, shipped for $407. That's about $3000...$1700 less than Mopar's invoice.

They are the same wheel as the Rubi, just a different color and full Rubi take-offs, brand new, are still only going for about $900ish on the "For Sale" market.

:confused:

smontesi81 02-27-2013 05:44 PM

I am in CT and looking for tires but these are a little pricey. If you don't have any luck and decide to come down hit me up :)

mike1158 02-27-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guns Up-USMC (Post 3428586)
Ok so I got an invoice $296 each tire and $590 for each rim.With sales tax of 281.31 the total is $4,711.31 (including CT sales tax) for the set of 5 for any customer that would be the price.

I'm offering it for $2,000 these are brand spankin new tires 3 miles straight from the factory and in our show room.

Here is the invoice on the tires.(save the image for better resolution)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2prb39u.jpg


so based on this logic i should be able to sell my new JK Sahara for about $115,000 when it gets delivered...

mitchelmb 02-27-2013 08:24 PM

Are the TPMS included?

Guns Up-USMC 02-28-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie (Post 3429111)
Wow, Chrysler thinks those wheels are worth $590 new? I mean, Mopar parts are gravely overpriced in general, but $590 each? I'm sorry but there is nothing special about those things...that is ludacris.

In a 5 minute Google search, I found these same tires, shipped, for $200 each and the wheels, shipped for $407. That's about $3000...$1700 less than Mopar's invoice.

They are the same wheel as the Rubi, just a different color and full Rubi take-offs, brand new, are still only going for about $900ish on the "For Sale" market.

:confused:

Not here to argue on what the cost is.That is why I provided the invoice.

Guns Up-USMC 02-28-2013 08:48 AM

Here are a similar set of the wheels on a 2013 MOAB Jeep.I can deliver them today.PM for offers.The wife is getting on my back.
http://i47.tinypic.com/1127ls0.jpg

markmdz 02-28-2013 10:52 AM

Scap Auto or Garavel?

Guns Up-USMC 02-28-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmdz (Post 3432574)
Scap Auto or Garavel?

Garavel at work till 7PM they are here in our service department I have them stored away.If you would like to swing by.

Guns Up-USMC 02-28-2013 02:56 PM

Will take 1,800 or best offer TODAY.

Farnham21 02-28-2013 04:31 PM

"Bought them from customer" meaning you basically stole them from him for cheap as dirt and are now trying to make a grand on someone. Seems like a dealer to me..........

Guns Up-USMC 02-28-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farnham21 (Post 3433858)
"Bought them from customer" meaning you basically stole them from him for cheap as dirt and are now trying to make a grand on someone. Seems like a dealer to me..........

Stole? Not at all he actually wanted to give em to me for a "cheap as dirt" price and I offered him a fair price for the MOAB wheels.

This is Fairfield County one of the richest if not the richest counties in the United States.He wanted to get rid of the tires and money was not an issue but I gave him a fair price for them since I had originally intended on putting them on my own JK.

Farnham21 02-28-2013 05:32 PM

Oh sorry that your story doesn't seem all believable to me especially since I was in my dealer today and they had a set in there too for the same price. I didn't know you could just stash your "personal" property at a dealership either and it just magically happens that you work there too. An your wife is on you about what? It all makes no sense especially since a dealer would never allow you to just buy them off a customer, they would take them themselves and sell them through the dealership to make more $. Little fishy if you ask me

markmdz 02-28-2013 05:34 PM

are these the two-tone, or the all-black?

Honestly, and please don't take any offense to the metaphor, but there's an ass for ever seat. ...so at this price, you'll likely find someone who is willing to pay such a price, but to undercut a dealer quote for new parts is not really an accurate comparison. Even if there was 0 miles on the set, the mere fact that the tires have been mounted to the wheels means that any distro would never take the tires back unless they were defective, and therefore they're used.

These are great wheels, and a really good set of tires, but the only ones looking for such a set are doing so to replace their current steelies, or to replace worn tires. That said, despite not making a ton of sense, steelies go for near nothing (4-600) even with good rubber. Moab's do go for more, and these are only 2013+ wheels, so they're far less common (albeit not "rare"), and easily argued that they go for less than they 'should'. ...but again, there's a limited market of people looking to purchase 'used' (or for arguments sake even 'dealer take-offs') wheels/tires.

Anyway, if you're set on the price, I'm sure you'll get it. ...in fact, to your point about ffld county, I know you'll get it. ...it's just a matter of how long you want to hang onto them. The going asking price for them with very good tread is somewhere between 800-1400 depending on location, season, and overall demand.

Best of luck on the sale, and definitely stick to your price if you don't mind sitting on them until the right buyer comes along.

(btw, I've been working in lower ffl county for well over a decade so I know exactly what you're talking about with the excess $$ some have.)

Perhaps a less painful alternative for someone looking for these: ...are you interested in anything for trade? Perhaps parts/accessories for your JK?

Guns Up-USMC 02-28-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farnham21 (Post 3434159)
Oh sorry that your story doesn't seem all believable to me especially since I was in my dealer today and they had a set in there too for the same price. I didn't know you could just stash your "personal" property at a dealership either and it just magically happens that you work there too. An your wife is on you about what? It all makes no sense especially since a dealer would never allow you to just buy them off a customer, they would take them themselves and sell them through the dealership to make more $. Little fishy if you ask me

Not trying to prove any thing here.They are in the back wash bay near my work locker.Already found a buyer and installing them for free.He paid 1500 for a set of new wheels.Couldn't be happier.

No a dealership is not worried about what a private seller does.They are his properties and none of the dealerships concern.

My wife is on about me because I have not taken her on a vacation since I got back home from Afghanistan and I have been dumping my money on my toys.


Not sure what type of dealerships you have been into but we are a very open friendly atmosphere and not out to rip people off.Feel free to stop by and check us out.

I was just selling some tires I no longer had a need for not for the dealership but my own private business.I had left them here since I was going to install them on myself to whoever bought them rather then have them at my house and hearing the wife complain.

Sorry for any misunderstandings I got some other Jeep parts Ill just throw it on craigslist and ebay.

Guns Up-USMC 02-28-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmdz (Post 3434169)
are these the two-tone, or the all-black?

Honestly, and please don't take any offense to the metaphor, but there's an ass for ever seat. ...so at this price, you'll likely find someone who is willing to pay such a price, but to undercut a dealer quote for new parts is not really an accurate comparison. Even if there was 0 miles on the set, the mere fact that the tires have been mounted to the wheels means that any distro would never take the tires back unless they were defective, and therefore they're used.

These are great wheels, and a really good set of tires, but the only ones looking for such a set are doing so to replace their current steelies, or to replace worn tires. That said, despite not making a ton of sense, steelies go for near nothing (4-600) even with good rubber. Moab's do go for more, and these are only 2013+ wheels, so they're far less common (albeit not "rare"), and easily argued that they go for less than they 'should'. ...but again, there's a limited market of people looking to purchase 'used' (or for arguments sake even 'dealer take-offs') wheels/tires.

Anyway, if you're set on the price, I'm sure you'll get it. ...in fact, to your point about ffld county, I know you'll get it. ...it's just a matter of how long you want to hang onto them. The going asking price for them with very good tread is somewhere between 800-1400 depending on location, season, and overall demand.

Best of luck on the sale, and definitely stick to your price if you don't mind sitting on them until the right buyer comes along.

(btw, I've been working in lower ffl county for well over a decade so I know exactly what you're talking about with the excess $$ some have.)

Perhaps a less painful alternative for someone looking for these: ...are you interested in anything for trade? Perhaps parts/accessories for your JK?


Absolutely agree!

They are the all blacks.What part do you work in?

markmdz 02-28-2013 05:57 PM

congrats guns. $1500 is a reasonable price especially for someone shopping for wheels at a dealership. Good sale!

Where in CT are you from? I work in Westport, live in Newtown. I assume you get take-off's pretty regularly out Garavel too. I'm actually heading up rt.7 through westport/weston/ridgefield now.

Guns Up-USMC 02-28-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmdz (Post 3434257)
congrats guns. $1500 is a reasonable price especially for someone shopping for wheels at a dealership. Good sale!

Where in CT are you from? I work in Westport, live in Newtown. I assume you get take-off's pretty regularly out Garavel too. I'm actually heading up rt.7 through westport/weston/ridgefield now.

From Norwalk originally.I was in Westport today for lunch the dealership is on Westport Ave in Norwalk.I was living in Trumbull for a bit but just moved back to Norwalk.

Yeah the guy really liked them he was getting some work done on his Rubicon and saw the tires in the back.$1500 and I took off his old stock tires and put the new set.He loved em.He is going to flip the white walls in he likes the blacked out look.

Yeah I get a lot of great grabs here.We do a lot of lift kits and customize vehicles and the customers wont even want to take em home the parts.Hell I even had a guy saying if he can donate his tires.

conn_air7 02-28-2013 11:44 PM

Congrats on the sale my man. All i know is that I'm glad I didn't have to pay that much for mine haha. I'm always trying to get a "steal", but then again, who isn't?

Guns Up-USMC 03-01-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conn_air7 (Post 3436303)
Congrats on the sale my man. All i know is that I'm glad I didn't have to pay that much for mine haha. I'm always trying to get a "steal", but then again, who isn't?

Who isn't right?

Thank you sir!

lasik1 03-01-2013 06:45 PM

I don't understand ragging on the OP- he offered a set of wheels and tires, explained their origin and asked his price. What he paid is immaterial- if you are a potential buyer, negotiate away, but posting a diatribe about his ethics seems over the top. Congrats on the sale.

thechrisnotopher 03-01-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guns Up-USMC (Post 3434208)

Not trying to prove any thing here.They are in the back wash bay near my work locker.Already found a buyer and installing them for free.He paid 1500 for a set of new wheels.Couldn't be happier.

No a dealership is not worried about what a private seller does.They are his properties and none of the dealerships concern.

My wife is on about me because I have not taken her on a vacation since I got back home from Afghanistan and I have been dumping my money on my toys.

Not sure what type of dealerships you have been into but we are a very open friendly atmosphere and not out to rip people off.Feel free to stop by and check us out.

I was just selling some tires I no longer had a need for not for the dealership but my own private business.I had left them here since I was going to install them on myself to whoever bought them rather then have them at my house and hearing the wife complain.

Sorry for any misunderstandings I got some other Jeep parts Ill just throw it on craigslist and ebay.

Don't be put off by the few. Im in Westchester and I know what you mean in FFC. If you get any take off Moab or MW3 bumpers hit me up! Congrats on the sell.

Ps thank you for your service

Sandtrooper 03-02-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guns Up-USMC (Post 3434208)

My wife is on about me because I have not taken her on a vacation since I got back home from Afghanistan and I have been dumping my money on my toys.
.


Glad you sold the tires/wheels. I find it incredibly rude that some guys felt the need to attack your offer. If its too high for them, pass on the post right? If something is worth a certain price, and you somehow get it for way cheaper, that doesn't mean those goods are worth any less.
Also, thank you for your service as well, my brother is currently on his 2nd tour in Afghanistan and my father was Force Recon and then a DI at Parris Island back in the 80's.


Anyone know if its worth posted a set of 5 17" Alloys and the GY SR-A's that came on my 2013 Sport S? Or should I try ebay/craiglist so I don't get torn apart by members for wanted a decent price (what is a decent price for this set anyway? 1000 miles on the 4, spare is mint)

Cosmic Charlie 03-02-2013 08:54 AM

It's not rude to question the reasoning behind pricing. I was confused by a price that seemed too high to me so I posted. The seller replied to my post and didn't care to further the discussion, so I passed on the purchase.

Steeljag 03-02-2013 09:34 AM

Wtf folks? A poster has tires / wheels for sale (or any item) and sets a price. If your interested in buying contact him / her, if not, move on!

Questioning the reasons/ motives / employment?

The profit he/ she may be able to make is none of you concern!!

I don't care if he had been paid to take the tires, paid to store the tires, won the lotto........and then turned around to sell them and asked $ 5000.00.......lol......so what ! If you don't want them, or can't afford them.......MOVE ON !

If you feel the need, maybe a polite " in my area those tires/wheels are valued at XXX".

Glad you made the sale !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.